Billings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Billings

53 touches and 3 goals.

Good confidence builder.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Re: Billings

Yep. Straight back in and play him on a wing. He's too good for the VFL.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I wonder if in the VFL they just tend to play footy, as opposed to adhering to the apparently ridiculous levels of 'structure' and rigidity that our senior team plays under?

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 8:41pm I wonder if in the VFL they just tend to play footy, as opposed to adhering to the apparently ridiculous levels of 'structure' and rigidity that our senior team plays under?
The guys at the VFL sponsors event said that they 'play' similar structures and instructions - but that it is easier to show some flair if you get a chance.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Can play.

I think it’s the same for a lot of our players, can play, just our current system from the coach down is killing them.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

somebody on Facebook said "it was only Frankston" meaning that club was deregistered a couple of years ago,
and is only this year playing again,
and the suggestion is that they are a type of Gold Coast bottom dweller.
53 touches.
I wonder how many kicks were actually "kicks", or if some were just toe-pokes along the ground.

Buckley (Filth Coach) was once asked why he didn't send a tagger to Tom Mitchell, who had racked up a nice number against the toothless.
"Well, he gets a lot of ball, but he doesn't hurt you"
same with Seb Ross,
so I wonder if the 53 were just kick and hope, with little impact.

Dusty Martin can get BOG with only 25 touches because of the way he gets it, and what he does with it.
Quality, not quantity.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
saynta
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:25pm somebody on Facebook said "it was only Frankston" meaning that club was deregistered a couple of years ago,
53 touches.
I wonder how many kicks were actually "kicks", or if some were just toe-pokes along the ground.

Buckley (Filth Coach) was once asked why he didn't send a tagger to Tom Mitchell, who had racked up a nice number against the toothless.
same with Seb Ross,

Dusty Martin can get BOG with only 25 touches because of the way he gets it, and what he does with it.
Quality, not quantity.
:roll: :roll: :roll: . He played brilliantly. My advice, if you didn't see the game stop guessing.

14 hard earned possessions in the first quarter and 53 for the match but you want to denigrate his performance.

Why?

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

WellardSaint wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:25pm somebody on Facebook said "it was only Frankston" meaning that club was deregistered a couple of years ago,
53 touches.

same with Seb Ross,

Quality, not quantity.
Anyone get 53 touches at any level of footy can play. This is the 2nd best comp in the land remember WS that is littered with AFL and ex-AFL players.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
PADDLEPOP1001
Club Player

Well done JB!

PADDLEPOP1000
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Again the stupidity
I actually felt he was slowly gaining confidence in 1's and if anything would have dropped him 3 weeks prior?
Has to play 1's but if he struggles of a HFF play him off wing/HBF so he can use his skills into f50 and drift forward

“Yeah….nah””
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 9:10pm Can play.

I think it’s the same for a lot of our players, can play, just our current system from the coach down is killing them.
This. +1

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

53 touches.

same with Seb Ross,

Quality, not quantity.
If you didn't see it don't f****** disparage it!!!!!!!!! He absolutely destroyed them single handedly, hardly missed a target got his own ball and worked his arse off. Yes it was only Frankston but you can only beat what you are given to beat. Best game I have seen by any Sandy player in the years that I have watched them play

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:49pm
53 touches.

same with Seb Ross,

Quality, not quantity.
If you didn't see it don't f****** disparage it!!!!!!!!! He absolutely destroyed them single handedly, hardly missed a target got his own ball and worked his arse off. Yes it was only Frankston but you can only beat what you are given to beat. Best game I have seen by any Sandy player in the years that I have watched them play
I asked a question. I didn't disparage at all.
Show me where I accused him of getting cheap kicks without even trying, or just blazing away.
Go on, show me.

I asked, you answered. Simple.
Why get sand in the mangina, geez

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
congorozides
Club Player

If you look at blokes like Florent and Hayward you can infer that if Billings was at Sydney he would probably have 100 AFL career goals next to his name by now.

Our coaches are career killers.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

He played against Frankston that has a percentage of 53%

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Ape_Man
Club Player

Nicky Winmar was dropped once. I think it was by Ken Sheldon.

Cuz racked up 40 odd possessions

Coaches response was that is what he would expect from a player of that calibre.

Not saying Billings is the next Winmar, but that kind of leather poisoning doesn’t happen to average players.

congorozides
Club Player

Ape_Man wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:20am Nicky Winmar was dropped once. I think it was by Ken Sheldon.

Cuz racked up 40 odd possessions

Coaches response was that is what he would expect from a player of that calibre.

Not saying Billings is the next Winmar, but that kind of leather poisoning doesn’t happen to average players.
Agree with the last bit. Average players dont rock up to a VFL game and get 53 touches.

Winmar booted 123 goals in his first 3 seasons mind you. He was bloody good.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 12:01am
BringBackMadDog wrote: Sun 10 Jun 2018 11:49pm
53 touches.

same with Seb Ross,

Quality, not quantity.
I asked a question. I didn't disparage at all.
Show me where I accused him of getting cheap kicks without even trying, or just blazing away.
Go on, show me.

I asked, you answered. Simple.
Why get sand in the mangina, geez
bulls***, you were just doing your normal passive aggressive crap. Can't have any good news posts can we?

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

good on him. and that's why dropping him was the right thing to do. he responded.
hopefully he hits next week with renewed conidence and enthusiasm.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think I’ve got to get better at recognising some of these guys

wally
Club Player

Billings & Steven suffer from lack of talent for opposition to tag , take a look at our team
who else do you tag? Look at Sydney for example lots more choices

chico2001
Club Player

Billings will not get a better opportunity than this week against the weakest team in the competition. Coming off 53 possessions and will probably get to play on someone who has less ability than him. I will laugh my box off if Richo decides to leave Billings in the magoos for one more game......

Crossy66
Club Player

chico2001 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 10:36am Billings will not get a better opportunity than this week against the weakest team in the competition. Coming off 53 possessions and will probably get to play on someone who has less ability than him. I will laugh my box off if Richo decides to leave Billings in the magoos for one more game......
+1
Ideal opportunity to build form. A confidence builder in the two's then a slightly easier injection back into the AFL. THat said, you would think GC will be up and about for this game as there is so much riding on the result.

chico2001
Club Player

They wont be a pushover. They have been getting smashed as well from all and sundry. Wonder if this will be a defining match in AFL history!!!! I said in another thread if Mclachlan would attend, this would be his crowning glory if the match was a draw.....now that would be funny.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Mon 11 Jun 2018 10:36am Billings will not get a better opportunity than this week against the weakest team in the competition. Coming off 53 possessions and will probably get to play on someone who has less ability than him. I will laugh my box off if Richo decides to leave Billings in the magoos for one more game......
" Laugh my Box off." lol. :D :wink: