Sharks are Circling

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Vazelos
Club Player

Sharks are Circling

In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.
What I know is 2 groups are waiting until the end of the year and will almost definitely challenge the current board.
I will say the Moorabbin and stadium deals have been huge ticks for this current board.
Outside of that its a mess.
We have lost focus on core business and Finnis is a Political correct champion feathering his reputation and using our club as a platform.
He he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff.
His Jamie Cox appointment has been a disaster and now he has placed him in another role instead of letting him go because he cant admit he made a mistake.

Richo bemoans a lack of resources apparently, again our lack of revenue hurting our ability to compete, been our story for 140 years.

Summer is a nice bloke but a powder puff and Finnis runs the joint with an iron fist.

Lethlean has been in the job for 6 months and has already gone for the Melbourne CEO job that is how much he covets the position and how much he respects the fact we gave him a chance after several clubs said "No thanks." He obviously thinks he is over qualified for the position. That is a joke.

Billings old man is shopping him around apparently, " How dare they drop my boy.?!" Soft silver spoon kid who will eventually play good football 100+ games in a strong team but it may not be at the Saints.

I know for a fact 2 weeks before the draft we were going to pick Petracca but a psyche test came back negative & we went for Mc Cartin.

I already told you in another post "Trout" Elshaug is gone end of year. How we traded out of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the best draft in 5-10 years is extraordinary.

So basically guys start of 2019 we could have a new board, new recruiting team and football dept.

The 2018-20 vision has been completely stuffed, we are in crises and the "sharks are circling."

After last week I say to most of them "Good Riddance!!!!" Do not let the door hit you on the way out!!!

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sharks are Circling

An interesting take on our current situation Colleague! Kudos!

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Vazelos
Club Player

Don't enjoy writing that stuff but its all pretty much on the money.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

And the sponsors said "Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo" hey babe, take a walk.....then I guess he just had to crash.....(apologies Lou).

suss
Club Player

Wow, interesting stuff. From your understanding, is there any chance of Lethlean replacing Finnis? (Maybe it was Gil's plan all along.)

God I'm happy that the move back to Moorabbin and the stadium deal are done. They had the potential to cripple the club for decades. Re-jigging the board, recruiting team and football department would all be good things for mine.

Vazelos
Club Player

Suss, I was not told that could be the case but if a new board came in it would be their decision.
At the end of the day we got plenty out of being AFL's little puppet working in their tent by getting both their deals done and employing their people.
A new board coming in has to deal with the AFL loan so they cant come in like cowboys doing it their way of the largest creditor is 'City Hall;.
Until we pay that loan off we have to answer to them.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:33am In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.
What I know is 2 groups are waiting until the end of the year and will almost definitely challenge the current board.
I will say the Moorabbin and stadium deals have been huge ticks for this current board.
We have lost focus on core business and Finnis is a Political correct champion feathering his reputation and using our club as a platform.
He he is meddling in the football dept too much, does not respect process and is upsetting his staff.
His Jamie Cox appointment has been a disaster and now he has placed him in another role instead of letting him go because he cant admit he made a mistake.

Richo bemoans a lack of resources apparently, again our lack of revenue hurting our ability to compete, been our story for 140 years.

Summer is a nice bloke but a powder puff and Finnis runs the joint with an iron fist.

Lethlean has been in the job for 6 months and has already gone for the Melbourne CEO job that is how much he covets the position and how much he respects the fact we gave him a chance after several clubs said "No thanks." He obviously thinks he is over qualified for the position. That is a joke.

Billings old man is shopping him around apparently, " How dare they drop my boy.?!" Soft silver spoon kid who will eventually play good football 100+ games in a strong team but it may not be at the Saints.

I know for a fact 2 weeks before the draft we were going to pick Petracca but a psyche test came back negative & we went for Mc Cartin.

I already told you in another post "Trout" Elshaug is gone end of year. How we traded out of 2nd and 3rd round picks for the best draft in 5-10 years is extraordinary.

So basically guys start of 2019 we could have a new board, new recruiting team and football dept.

The 2018-20 vision has been completely stuffed, we are in crises and the "sharks are circling."

After last week I say to most of them "Good Riddance!!!!" Do not let the door hit you on the way out!!!
Very interesting.

Not surprised re comments on Finnis and Lethlean.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Lethlean sounds like a dog

Nee!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

fugazi wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 12:25pm Lethlean sounds like a dog
Dog? Perhaps personally - yes/maybe. I don't know. Don't care either to be honest.

But here's the thing. Having run the football side of the entire competition I think it's plain as day that he's over qualified in the role of Football Manager at a club. I would think he's probably over qualified to be the CEO of a smaller club too (perhaps not a bigger club though).

Having said that - I do know he's the transparent eyes and ears who's loyal to no one that is doing the review. That for me is a massive positive. And quite frankly - if he clears the dead wood (both in the coaching & development ranks, the playing list and football admin) and replaces them with better versions of what we have now ... I couldn't care less if he then leaves to take up a CEO role elsewhere.

It's naive in the extreme to think that he will remain as Football Manager at St Kilda for the rest of his career. Might as well get the best out of him whilst he's with us.

Go you red, black & white warriors
parkeysainter
SS Life Member

We need to get some old legends involved with the club in a bigger capacity. E.g. Riewoldt, Montagna, Ball, Dal Santo, Rob Harvey, etc. These fellas are still involved with AFL, lets get them into the club if possible. We need people that are passionate about the Saints. Maybe even Grant Thomas again even though he talks heaps of crap. Get the celebrities involved - Warnie, Bana, Molly, Fox family, etc.

Things need to be shaken up. We now have a world class training venue, good stadium deal and a talented group of kids that should hit their straps in 2-3 years. All is not lost, but the Saints need their passion back!

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
felix
Club Player

parkeysainter wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 12:48pm We need to get some old legends involved with the club in a bigger capacity. E.g. Riewoldt, Montagna, Ball, Dal Santo, Rob Harvey, etc. These fellas are still involved with AFL, lets get them into the club if possible. We need people that are passionate about the Saints. Maybe even Grant Thomas again even though he talks heaps of crap. Get the celebrities involved - Warnie, Bana, Molly, Fox family, etc.

Things need to be shaken up. We now have a world class training venue, good stadium deal and a talented group of kids that should hit their straps in 2-3 years. All is not lost, but the Saints need their passion back!
We do need a couple of Saints legends around the club ..people the boys can look up to and want to play for.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 10:33am In 8 years of being in this site I have been a solid 100 gamer type, relatively conservative, giving my opinion but not wanting to upset anyone as you are all comrades in my eyes. Through work and various circles I find out things and at times I have not shared it on here not wanting to create issues for the club but after the non gender toilets pride game rubbish I have had enough.

Thanks for the info.

Disappointing if true about Billing's dad. By his numbers and reports on his game for Sandy, it doesn't appear that Jack was sulking, it appears he just got on with it and made a powerful statement. The kid may be embarrassed by his father's lamentations.

Any more specifics on what resources (or lack of) Richo bemoans?

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

So the non gender toilets is the reason to create issues?

I thought the attendance at the Pride game was up there with the biggest of the year for a home game which is fantastic considering team performance which I'm guesssing might have also made some coin for the club. I'm sure someone has the facts

And yeah some specifics around Richo bemoaning a lack of resources would give these ITK claims some credibility. I would have thought there might be some teething problems with the move back to Mooraabin but isn't the new training facility supposed to be state of the art?

Vazelos
Club Player

I don’t need a credibility verification or a nod from you Cairnsman I am merely sharing information from a very credible source.
That is all, take it or leave it not my concern.
Why have I shared this?
I felt the supporters need to know as I can’t for the life of me know what we stand for anymore.
We are soft on and off the park and our club should not be a platform for social engineering.
Finnis has his own agenda and I for the life of me don’t want to take my 11 year old daughter into a toilet with other men....

axcellence
Club Player

I wish I was surprised by any of this.. but not.

Belief in all things St Kilda personnel = 0

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Petracca probably failed the psyche test on purpose.
If the recruiters put that much weight in a psyche test for a 17 year old football player they are plain stupid.

Finnis and Lethlean are just there to climb the ladder at ALL HQ and suck up to Gillon.

Notice how Brad Scott openly criticises the AFL. Our club would never have the balls to do that.

We are piss weak and it all flows down from Summers and Finnis.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Jaxons disagrees with me. But Lethlean is just a f***wit. Plain and simple.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Vazelos wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 1:54pm I don’t need a credibility verification or a nod from you Cairnsman I am merely sharing information from a very credible source.
That is all, take it or leave it not my concern.
Why have I shared this?
I felt the supporters need to know as I can’t for the life of me know what we stand for anymore.
We are soft on and off the park and our club should not be a platform for social engineering.
Finnis has his own agenda and I for the life of me don’t want to take my 11 year old daughter into a toilet with other men....
Absolutely you don't need anyone on a fan forum to verify your claims, they lack credibility the moment you hit "submit" as an anonymous poster on a fan forum. That's not a knock against you, I'm merely pointing out how credibility doesn't work.

Having said that I agree with you on the issue of taking your daughter into a males toilet. So are you saying all of the toilets were converted to gender neutral on Saturday night?

freely
SS Hall of Fame

No a couple of the disabled toilets ffs

freely
SS Hall of Fame

No a couple of the disabled toilets ffs

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

So there was in fact somewhere for parents to take thier children to the toilets.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

Yes of course - most people wouldn't have even noticed!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

All disabled loos should be unisex ffs. They are in public areas in hospitals etc.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:13pm No a couple of the disabled toilets ffs
so a couple of unisex toilets - were converted to rainbow unisex toilets -
oh the humanity the world is turning to pot ( yes deliberate reference there)

Seeya
saynta
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:33pm
freely wrote: Wed 13 Jun 2018 3:13pm No a couple of the disabled toilets ffs
so a couple of unisex toilets - were converted to rainbow unisex toilets -
oh the humanity the world is turning to pot ( yes deliberate reference there)
If you look at the video and the signage, it was a tad more than that.

Crossy66
Club Player

Important question for Vazelos; Do you know who owns the decision for the gender neutral toilets and could you please enlighten us?

My interest is that i dont believe its the clubs role nor do they have a mandate to push political agendas upon its members.
No problem with the GAy inclusion thing, but it starts getting derailed with the other stuff. Personally i think it does the gay community more harm than good..
So i would like to know who is the person that wants to use my football club as a vehicle to push this type of agenda?
I wont be attending the same round next year.