The Saints set trends yet again!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The Saints set trends yet again!

WOW! There’s a couple of clubs who this weekend fully embraced “Saints Footy” The Bulldogs and Carlton both went goalless in a half of football! :lol: :lol: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Trev from the Bush
SS Life Member

Re: The Saints set trends yet again!

Fortunately, Jiggster, the Suns embraced it as well with a scoreless last quarter.

Saint supporter since '62
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Backs to wall stuff was this game Jigster.

Our most in form player goes down early and then another in the third to make it 2 on the bench.

The team was dying a horrible, slow and tortuous death. Enter a few players that decided to have a crack, and what would you know, it became infectious.

I hope this is the start of more spirted showings for the remainder of the season.

santazzi
Club Player

I have no access to info. which two players went down?

shrodes
SS Life Member

santazzi wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 10:09pm I have no access to info. which two players went down?
Webster groin and Rice concussion

David-Lee
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 9:57pm Backs to wall stuff was this game Jigster.

Our most in form player goes down early and then another in the third to make it 2 on the bench.

The team was dying a horrible, slow and tortuous death. Enter a few players that decided to have a crack, and what would you know, it became infectious.

I hope this is the start of more spirted showings for the remainder of the season.

What the fudge? You're the 2nd person to claim Webster is either our most in form or best player this year! Prove it.
I got the team stats sheet in front of my face right now, have a crack proving your point.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 9:47pm WOW! There’s a couple of clubs who this weekend fully embraced “Saints Footy” The Bulldogs and Carlton both went goalless in a half of football! :lol: :lol: :lol:
We haven't actually gotten that bad.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 11:49pm
Cairnsman wrote: Sat 16 Jun 2018 9:57pm Backs to wall stuff was this game Jigster.

What the fudge? You're the 2nd person to claim Webster is either our most in form or best player this year! Prove it.
I got the team stats sheet in front of my face right now, have a crack proving your point.
Do they have stats for vibe? He takes the ball cleanly and seems to always hit his target by foot (kicking effecincy?) which seems to allow him to take the game on out of the backline (meters gained?) Do they have stats for confidence? What about pressure acts?

When most of the players in the team have lost thier confidence Jimmy seems to have his in spades and by comparison to other well performing players in other teams that still might not be good but he's standing out in our team atm.

Take Seb for example, I reckon if you look at your stats sheet he's probably up the top but it was hard watching him for 3 quarters as he fumbled, looked hesitent and his possession and disposal was off. A totaly different player to last season and IMO it all comes down to confidence and Sebby transcends, and is symbolic of the curse that has struck down most of the team this season.

Get back to me. I'm keen to see how I went.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

This is a terrible season. 4 crap teams. Absolute garbage.

Us, Brisbane, GC, Carlton and Footscray

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:20am This is a terrible season. 4 crap teams. Absolute garbage.

Yep afl know it hence why they’re getting ‘old men’ to review the current game style cause it’s quality has slipped

“Yeah….nah””
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 9:20am This is a terrible season. 4 crap teams. Absolute garbage.

I don't want to be that guy but... that's 5 teams.

Using my impeccable grasp of logic and reason I assume you are not including St Kilda. They are easily the best performing of that group in the last 10-12 hours.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I dont have the stats in front of me but I would say that Webster is clearly one of our best players and uses the ball better than the rest. class above

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

The Fireman wrote:

I dont have the stats in front of me but I would say that Webster is clearly one of our best players and uses the ball better than the rest. class above
Coach and players seem to think so - he was described this way in about 4 interviews last night. We really missed his run and attack in the 2nd - looked like a rabble down back without him.

Always loyal
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Who do you say has been our best DL? Webster provides run and often hits targets 40-50m away. I agree with Cairnsman, he's been our best player this year.

freely
SS Hall of Fame

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-06-06/y ... ustralians

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Lions have some great young players. Will prolly make the 8 in 2 years

kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

In our best three each of the last five games.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94685

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
David-Lee
Club Player

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 4:47pm

In our best three each of the last five games.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=94685
Ok. I surrender. He is playing better than it seems. I guess hes like the reverse of Ross who gets heaps of stats but looks like he's bumbling ineffectually.

I like Webster. He was definitely sharp before he hurt his hand back a few seasons, I thought we had a new Brendan Goddard. Maybe I've written him off a bit when he had that little slump.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Of course having a HBF, however good, as the best player says a bit about the team talent spread. Hopefully Jimmy maintains or even improves but some others over take him.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Moods wrote: Sun 17 Jun 2018 12:31pm

Who do you say has been our best DL? Webster provides run and often hits targets 40-50m away. I agree with Cairnsman, he's been our best player this year.
Easily, him and Carlisle.