Great Win

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

David-Lee
Club Player

Great Win

Firstly, well done. I'm very pleased with a win.

Secondly, unless we win 13 games Richo and co have to go.

In a five year rebuild we have to improve on field and on the ladder.

Regardless of this amazing season of 3 wins - at least 1 was mildly decent, but the Suns win was rubbish against a team who hadn't scored more than 16 points in 5 last quarters....Melbourne win was satisfying and it's how we might look if we were coached with better efficiency and structure.
Let's beat a few team who ARENT on a downward trend, Demons 3 losses, Suns - haven't won a final quarter all year, then we can see if we have improved.
We have definitely improved from the early part of the year.

Great win now let us focus on an entire new coaching staff next year.
Last edited by David-Lee on Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Re: Great Win

Ain't going to happen...Fortunately.

longtimesaint
Club Player

saynta wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:04pm Ain't going to happen...Fortunately.
+1

One year will be our year
David-Lee
Club Player

Some tosser on Big Footy has a calculator that shows we can still get into the 8! This guy should lead the Saints Cheer Squad, never been a greater optimist!

spert
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:09pm Some tosser on Big Footy has a calculator that shows we can still get into the 8! This guy should lead the Saints Cheer Squad, never been a greater optimist!
Peter Sumner?

David-Lee
Club Player

I think we all regardless of position are very pleased watching some younger players lift. What hurts me is knowing players like Gresham on the Hawks would be a A grader kicking 3 a game with multiple 50 entries and loads of assists.

I wonder what would have been if we had hired a director of football and a head coach with Richo as head of player development? Supposedly he was quite good when his only job was developing kids.

It's like Harvey or Hocking no one will give them a crack at a senior job even though they both do really well at their jobs.

At our interviews - I was told by someone who was there that Richo was smooth as silk and laid out a great game plan whilst Harvey was so nervous he had 2 glasses of water. The psychologist involved rated Richo most capable of performing under pressure.

I think the system stinks.

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:03pm Firstly, well done. I'm very pleased with a win.

Secondly, unless we win 13 games Richo and co have to go.

In a five year rebuild we have to improve on field and on the ladder.

Regardless of this amazing season of 3 wins - at least 1 was mildly decent, but the Suns win was rubbish against a team who hadn't scored more than 16 points in 5 last quarters....Melbourne win was satisfying and it's how we might look if we were coached with better efficiency and structure.
Let's beat a few team who ARENT on a downward trend, Demons 3 losses, Suns - haven't won a final quarter all year, then we can see if we have improved.
We have definitely improved from the early part of the year.

Great win now let us focus on an entire new coaching staff next year.
Battle - 19
Billings - 22
Clarke - 19
Dunstan - 23
Gresham - 20
Longer - 25
McCartin - 22
McKenzie - 22
Membrey - 24
Rice - 21
Ross - 25
Sinclair - 23
Steele - 22
Joyce - 21

Also we have

Coffield - 18
Long - 20
Marshall - 22
Phillips - 20
White - 21
Lonie - 21
Acres - 22

Add in another number 3 or 4 pick and a couple of FA's or high profile trades and suddenly our shite don't smell too bad

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

David-Lee wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:17pm I think we all regardless of position are very pleased watching some younger players lift. What hurts me is knowing players like Gresham on the Hawks would be a A grader kicking 3 a game with multiple 50 entries and loads of assists.

I wonder what would have been if we had hired a director of football and a head coach with Richo as head of player development? Supposedly he was quite good when his only job was developing kids.

It's like Harvey or Hocking no one will give them a crack at a senior job even though they both do really well at their jobs.

At our interviews - I was told by someone who was there that Richo was smooth as silk and laid out a great game plan whilst Harvey was so nervous he had 2 glasses of water. The psychologist involved rated Richo most capable of performing under pressure.

I think the system stinks.
Seriously give the youngsters a chance to breathe - they still need a little time to grow and come together

We apparently have the 2nd youngest squad in the league and have just lost Riewoldt, Montagna and Dempster - and also are likely to lose Roberton and maybe Stevens a the end of the year.

It was a super win today with an extremely young team against a highly touted opponent

saynta
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:15pm
David-Lee wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:09pm Some tosser on Big Footy has a calculator that shows we can still get into the 8! This guy should lead the Saints Cheer Squad, never been a greater optimist!
Peter Sumner?
Who's he?

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:35pm
spert wrote: Sun 01 Jul 2018 5:15pm
Peter Sumner?
Who's he?
Sting's brother 8-)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

There was a Professor Julies Sumner-Miller.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Nice to see a game plan that does not wait for the opposition to get back into defence.
Got rid of that stupid passing across the ground because the opposition has been allowed to set up a wall.
We will move the defence from left to right then from right to left until someone fails to hit a target and the opponents score.
Simple run at the opposition wall in a wave, knock it over and catch their defenders without midfield support.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA