Dwarf Burning and Drug Addict Presidents Vs. Boring Scandal Free Saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Dwarf Burning and Drug Addict Presidents Vs. Boring Scandal Free Saints?

Never thought I'd say it, but I like the old Saints much better.

Remember the days when fans would bemoan "can't we just go one pre-season without a scandal"?

Well, here we are.

And I'm bored shitless.

Darth Vader
Club Player

Re: Dwarf Burning and Drug Addict Presidents Vs. Boring Scandal Free Saints?

You don’t need scandals to be non-boring. Winning games would do it and no dwarves would be harmed.

spert
Saintsational Legend

It is a very boring time to be a Sainter.

Winmar7
Club Player

Darth Vader wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 1:43am You don’t need scandals to be non-boring. Winning games would do it and no dwarves would be harmed.
+1 ...oh yeah, Milne's rape charges, the schoolgirl scandal, Andrew Lovett, burning dwarves, cocaine, naked pics of Nick, and a blue between the President and Coach, good times!!!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Winmar7 wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 10:20am
Darth Vader wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 1:43am You don’t need scandals to be non-boring. Winning games would do it and no dwarves would be harmed.
+1 ...oh yeah, Milne's rape charges, the schoolgirl scandal, Andrew Lovett, burning dwarves, cocaine, naked pics of Nick, and a blue between the President and Coach, good times!!!
Ironically RFs OP rant is an illustration of how well the club is being run at the moment. Not suggesting improvements are not needed in areas, that will always be the case in well run organisations, it's actually what makes a good organisation.

The sky isn't falling, nobody has been harmed or killed, it's football, it's meant to be entertainment, maybe RF needs some hobbies outside of being a footy fan.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The club is well-run? Five years of going nowhere to the point of begging people to come to a game via cheap tickets ...but hey we're stable!

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

We are beige.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

Selhurst Saint wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:17am We are beige.
Precisely - the fact the execs and board wear hessian beige jackets now to club functions just reinforces it. We stand for nothing; have zero brand personality and are largely irrelevant in Melbourne right now. Even North get more press coverage than us.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

spert wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 10:47am The club is well-run? Five years of going nowhere to the point of begging people to come to a game via cheap tickets ...but hey we're stable!
Cheap tix to the Carlton game were on the back of Shop-it-Dockets this week. Tremendous look.

Go you red, black & white warriors
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

5 years and going nowhere, if one was to be completely hysterical you could argue 140 years. But I digress, things have not gone well this year, obviously, but to suggest we have gone nowhere in the past 5 years is not looking at the last 5 years of the club's history objectively.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:36am
spert wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 10:47am The club is well-run? Five years of going nowhere to the point of begging people to come to a game via cheap tickets ...but hey we're stable!
Cheap tix to the Carlton game were on the back of Shop-it-Dockets this week. Tremendous look.
I don't get why this is a problem, it is a worse look if the attendance figures tonight are really poor which is possible with 18th vs 15th in the coldest part of the winter.

And I'm tipping the concern for the club is being a Friday night game and the media's need to create a story, so a really low attendance plus the potential for a really poor quality of game could give the media no other option but to place intense focus on it over the duration of the weekend which is what happens when you play Friday night games.

The club are clearly being pro active, it makes great business sense, it's a decision most well managed businessed would make under the circumstances.

parkeysainter
SS Life Member

Its 2018 and the 21st century. The AFL and footy clubs are now multi million $ businesses that have to play the big overall game so to speak.

The disco days of the 80's and Plugger kicking 10 at Moorabbin each week are over. Time to move on. I still get excited watching a live game of the Saints just as much as the past.

I would also rather a much smoother running St Kilda machine than a scandle ridden cesspit. There is nothing wrong with doing the right thing and showing a bit of class as a footy club. The majority of Saints scandles and issues in the past were always overblown by media and certain people anyway.

Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes and the St Kilda FC
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The drug cheats get rogered a couple of times by the maggots, fairly I might add, except for the ridiculous 50 metre rule, and go screaming to the AFL.

We get kicked in the guts by the maggots on a regular basis and have been for years, yet we just bend over and cop our wack.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Key point being losing so often and the way we do with the long term trajectory of a Nth Korean rocket, is boring, no matter how well the club is managed and coached. Best set of statements and social policies in an insolvency ever seen, along with exemplary selection integrity that would be admired by Gen. Haigh. Cheap tickets are probably a rational economic decision - without knowing/being told what the wonderful new financial deal is (again trust us, free cool aid to follow) - but as PR it is poor. It admits our footy is not entertaining at the going rate and if/when you still don't get a crowd prepare for the snide patronising. I have to turn the sound down on Roberts, McAvaney and Russell (all from SA so no skin in the game Saints-wise) when they start their speils. Dennis C come back.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Yorkeys wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 1:53pm Key point being losing so often and the way we do with the long term trajectory of a Nth Korean rocket, is boring, no matter how well the club is managed and coached. Best set of statements and social policies in an insolvency ever seen, along with exemplary selection integrity that would be admired by Gen. Haigh. Cheap tickets are probably a rational economic decision - without knowing/being told what the wonderful new financial deal is (again trust us, free cool aid to follow) - but as PR it is poor. It admits our footy is not entertaining at the going rate and if/when you still don't get a crowd prepare for the snide patronising. I have to turn the sound down on Roberts, McAvaney and Russell (all from SA so no skin in the game Saints-wise) when they start their speils. Dennis C come back.
Sandy Roberts is actually a Saints supporter.

Agree with you about the other two pecker heads though.

With heads like those two have, they should be confined to radio.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Selhurst Saint wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:17am We are beige.
I prefer Desert Camel

I think the inference of "flat foot plodders adapted to prolonged periods of drought" is pretty apt

Seeya
chico2001
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 10:31am
Ironically RFs OP rant is an illustration of how well the club is being run at the moment. Not suggesting improvements are not needed in areas, that will always be the case in well run organisations, it's actually what makes a good organisation.
Give us a few examples as to how the club is being well run this year, maybe regarding finances, players and their development, recruitment, silly final 4 statements just any one of those will do. I would like to see how this well run organisation operates. Maybe other clubs can use the saints as a model then.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Ok, how about somewhere in the middle? Let's say Gehrig having a wee in a bar in Mentone and the coach sacking the ruckman mid-season?

Good times...

The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

The sky isn't falling, nobody has been harmed or killed, it's football, it's meant to be entertainment, maybe RF needs some hobbies outside of being a footy fan.
" how well the club is being run at the moment"

You have got to be kidding me right?

We are absolutely the worst run club in the comp, and we are on the verge of total irrelevancy - if you can't see it, you are either completely blind, or completely stupid, maybe both?

I get the feeling you're just trolling for a reaction so I'll leave it there but "well run" - f%&k me drunk!!!

Look again it's the Flash!!
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Cairnsman wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:39am 5 years and going nowhere, if one was to be completely hysterical you could argue 140 years. But I digress, things have not gone well this year, obviously, but to suggest we have gone nowhere in the past 5 years is not looking at the last 5 years of the club's history objectively.

Hahahahaha, where are you suggesting that we've gone in the last 5 years? I'd love to hear??

Look again it's the Flash!!
spert
Saintsational Legend

Saintmatt wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 11:36am
Just saw it on a docket from Woolies- along with other cheap sh*t on offer..terrible look.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 12:54am Never thought I'd say it, but I like the old Saints much better.

Remember the days when fans would bemoan "can't we just go one pre-season without a scandal"?

Well, here we are.

And I'm bored shitless.
How you feel is totally irrelevant, to anything.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Linton Street Flash wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 5:23pm

" how well the club is being run at the moment"

You have got to be kidding me right?

We are absolutely the worst run club in the comp, and we are on the verge of total irrelevancy - if you can't see it, you are either completely blind, or completely stupid, maybe both?

I get the feeling you're just trolling for a reaction so I'll leave it there but "well run" - f%&k me drunk!!!
Riight Mr negative!

Just for starters, check out our magnificent new facility, Mr Positive.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 8:38pm
rodgerfox wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 12:54am Never thought I'd say it, but I like the old Saints much better.

Well, here we are.

And I'm bored shitless.
Well not really, as how I feel generally dictates my actions.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Fri 13 Jul 2018 10:11pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 10:01pm
SaintPav wrote: Fri 13 Jul 2018 8:38pm

Well, here we are.

And I'm bored shitless.
But my actions aren't irrelevant.
They are on a fan forum, dude.