Well done Richo!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Well done Richo!

Players missing easy shots.
Players playing on from 20 out and stuffing it up.
Richo refusing to move bigger and more experienced mids into centre to stop run-ons.
No clear game plan.
Bizarre and incomprehensible press conferences.

etc etc

Do I need to spell it out; all the signs are there.

Richo doing a fine job of hiding it.

🤫

Well done Richo.

đź‘Ť

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Re: Well done Richo!

Except my dear Inspector AR has an alibi, he cannot deliberately carry out a coaching coup; the whole of the AFL know this and would swear to it in court. The tankermeister may instead be any of the butler, Colonel Matt the Channel swimmer or the lovely Simone L (the beard is a brilliant disguise). All any one of them had to do was extend him and then keep him on, the high picks will flow naturally. The press conferences are work experience case studies for the journos that go - their task is to find a question that he answers with some insight, clarity and self awareness. A number gave up sports journalism when he analysed a hiding by a side with four less players by noting the other side were better. They simply did not see it coming.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

If you are trying to make us feel better by implying that Richo and Finnis are doing this deliberately, I don't buy it. No way would they be that organised or that cunning.

The incremental sum of the damage to each and every young player's development on the Saints list is going to be far greater than the potential star 18 year old recruit at pick 2-5 that we might pick up...in my opinion

Even if we use that pick for a star ex All Australian or an A grade free agent, I'd rather a team that learns to play well together and believes they are good enough to make the top 8. At the moment all I see is guys with their heads down

It only took the Melbourne Football Club approximately 10 years, 3 rebuilds, an AFL administered rescue, multi million dollar handouts and a record salary for Paul Roos to right the wrongs from their recent past.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

It’s reverse reverse psychology.

Richo, you genius.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote: ↑Mon 13 Aug 2018 7:23pm If you are trying to make us feel better by implying that Richo and Finnis are doing this deliberately, I don't buy it. No way would they be that organised or that cunning.

The incremental sum of the damage to each and every young player's development on the Saints list is going to be far greater than the potential star 18 year old recruit at pick 2-5 that we might pick up...in my opinion

Even if we use that pick for a star ex All Australian or an A grade free agent, I'd rather a team that learns to play well together and believes they are good enough to make the top 8. At the moment all I see is guys with their heads down

It only took the Melbourne Football Club approximately 10 years, 3 rebuilds, an AFL administered rescue, multi million dollar handouts and a record salary for Paul Roos to right the wrongs from their recent past.
Unless they are all in it - Hey guys - lets play brilliantly until 24 minutes into the 2nd and then blow it. That way we know how good we can be - and we will be losing 'ironically'.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

How about we place the blame where it actually lies? Our playing group have appalling skills collectively. Only they can fix that. No coach can make you kick straight ... only work on technique and mental application. It is still on the player to execute, and ours just don't.

Richo has his faults no doubt, but the players seem to take no responsibility for their own efforts or lack of.

You can't make strawberry jam out of dog dung ... :roll: :roll:

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

St DAC wrote: ↑Tue 14 Aug 2018 10:58am How about we place the blame where it actually lies? Our playing group have appalling skills collectively. Only they can fix that. No coach can make you kick straight ... only work on technique and mental application. It is still on the player to execute, and ours just don't.

Richo has his faults no doubt, but the players seem to take no responsibility for their own efforts or lack of.

You can't make strawberry jam out of dog dung ... :roll: :roll:
Yet kicking wasn’t so much of an issue when the players first joined the club. Weren’t Billing’s, Paddy and Membrey recruited partly because of their accurate kicking? Even Acres used to be a dead-eye.

Just as relevant, wasn’t Richo recruited for his knack at developing youth?

I would agree with you if it was a handful of repeat offenders, but as it stands, no one on the field can kick. Has been the case all year.

Until we have an administration that demands success and a playing group that bleeds for the guernsey, St. Kilda will just be a sh*tty football club.
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Kicking has been an issue over all of Richo's tenure. It has been a problem for years. And usually the head coach isn't the development coach, although certainly is responsible for overall development. I would agree we've not shown much of that this year in particular.

But the only person who can execute a skill is the player. Failure to do so under minimal or no pressure is solely on the player IMO. We have far too many who fail under little pressure; it's been a recurring theme all year (and past years too).