Having a dip

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

DWOODROW
Club Player

Having a dip

Look at the end of the day it was a narrow loss. At least we can say the majority had a dip. They could have come out and said second last game of the year but at least it wasn’t a thrashing. There were some good passages of play and some good football.
It really is about getting the confidence of getting some
Goals and getting the belief to keep it going. I would
Rather them go down by. Few thenstart getting overrun and then giving up. At least we did t see that tonight. Regardless of the result at least it was semi enjoyable to watch. We do have some good footballers it’s just a matter of getting them all on the same
Page at the same time and not giving up. Could have been a win for us but wasn’t in the end. Usually I’m quite critical but I at least enjoyed watching it with the young fella..
One more for the year and then let’s see what happens next year. The one thing I would like to see is the Saints have a win against North. If we play the way we did tonight then it will be a good end to the season. There hasn’t been much else to be happy about. Hell im not even cranky tonight so I guess that’s a positive.
One more game boys then she’s all over till next year. Hopefully a few new recruits and maybe even a change of game plan and we might be a bit more competitive next year.
Fingers crossed for a decent one to finish the season. Considering North were my team before Dave started playing at Saints I’m tipping Saints.
Come on boys. Hope it’s not Dave’s farewell game but would love too see him give it a red hot crack.
Greaham is my new favourite player closely second to Dave. Good luck boys

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Re: Having a dip

And 2 more goals for Armo to reach 100 goals!

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

they actually kicked well tonight...makes a big difference doesn't it.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I thought Armo played well in a slightly different role. May give him a new lease of life.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

After the whole club had shreds torn off them all week in the media.....
Makes the effort even more frustrating and as a supporter feel a little angry

saint4life
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

All I want to see is that level of effort every week. I voted with my feet last night and was planning to miss next week as well, but after that game I want to see them play again.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Armo played well but his value out on the field cannot be overemphasised.

With Gears doing the lockdown role and having to focus on shutting down Smith, I thought Armo was our defacto captain last night.

Arma led and directed traffic and gave everyone instruction at every opportunity. I think he was also doing the rev up in the huddles.

Was a great effort from the players and worth freezing our nuts off. Also exciting keeping an eye on the GC vs Lions game. Unfortunately Suns let us down there. Apart from that, everything else went to plan 8-) :wink:

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 2:05am Look at the end of the day it was a narrow loss. At least we can say the majority had a dip. They could have come out and said second last game of the year but at least it wasn’t a thrashing. There were some good passages of play and some good football.
It really is about getting the confidence of getting some
Goals and getting the belief to keep it going. I would
Rather them go down by. Few thenstart getting overrun and then giving up. At least we did t see that tonight. Regardless of the result at least it was semi enjoyable to watch. We do have some good footballers it’s just a matter of getting them all on the same
Page at the same time and not giving up. Could have been a win for us but wasn’t in the end. Usually I’m quite critical but I at least enjoyed watching it with the young fella..
One more for the year and then let’s see what happens next year. The one thing I would like to see is the Saints have a win against North. If we play the way we did tonight then it will be a good end to the season. There hasn’t been much else to be happy about. Hell im not even cranky tonight so I guess that’s a positive.
One more game boys then she’s all over till next year. Hopefully a few new recruits and maybe even a change of game plan and we might be a bit more competitive next year.
Fingers crossed for a decent one to finish the season. Considering North were my team before Dave started playing at Saints I’m tipping Saints.
Come on boys. Hope it’s not Dave’s farewell game but would love too see him give it a red hot crack.
Greaham is my new favourite player closely second to Dave. Good luck boys

You still in Townsville?

SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Dave did some things last night that would not have been visible at home on the box but underlined his importance to a really young team.

I hope he gets another contract. He may not play every game and he may never be BOG again but he has real value to us.

Took an absolutely ripping mark on the boundary in front of me that exemplified his guts.

There are a number of other who should be exited before Armo.

Always loyal
mullet
Saintsational Legend

How fortunate we are to have a brother of a player post on here. Sometimes it puts it all in to perspective. You must be really proud and deserve to be.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Scollop wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 12:52pm Armo played well but his value out on the field cannot be overemphasised.

With Gears doing the lockdown role and having to focus on shutting down Smith, I thought Armo was our defacto captain last night.

Arma led and directed traffic and gave everyone instruction at every opportunity. I think he was also doing the rev up in the huddles.

Was a great effort from the players and worth freezing our nuts off. Also exciting keeping an eye on the GC vs Lions game. Unfortunately Suns let us down there. Apart from that, everything else went to plan 8-) :wink:
We were Steele Armo plated last night.
Armo is huge in that department, but apart from him, I think we have other “on field” leaders, etc..players who lead by example, who can rev up their team mates, inspire, etc...- we don’t need to pay overs or trade our draft picks away for “has beens/ never will bes again” from other clubs to provide “ leadership” .
Rice looks like he’s ready to lead, already - it’s all attitudinal.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 9:21am All I want to see is that level of effort every week. I voted
This is nice but I can’t help noticing that we have various reasons that crop up here, 1) lack of effort, 2) no system, 3) poor selection, 4) poor recruitment of players, 5) bad administration and I thought there was an understanding- maybe an assumption that is generally agreed upon - that pure white line-intensity is not sustainable, it is one dimensional and just cannot be relied upon week in, week out.

So she something else must have gone right last night, rather more than just, “having a crack”, at least we ought to hope so?

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote:
kosifantutti wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 9:21am All I want to see is that level of effort every week. I voted
This is nice but I can’t help noticing that we have various reasons that crop up here, 1) lack of effort, 2) no system, 3) poor selection, 4) poor recruitment of players, 5) bad administration and I thought there was an understanding- maybe an assumption that is generally agreed upon - that pure white line-intensity is not sustainable, it is one dimensional and just cannot be relied upon week in, week out.

So she something else must have gone right last night, rather more than just, “having a crack”, at least we ought to hope so?
Yes it was probably more than just effort, but for a change they were competitive against a top team and didn’t throw the towel in when the opposition got a run on (twice).

So whatever it was, I want to see more.

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
the dome
Club Player

Having a dip helps belief

At times I was convinced that progress was showing itself. The points would have been sweet but the effort was a joy to see. :)

saynta
Saintsational Legend

shanegrambeau wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 7:02pm

Saturday night the saints had "effort" from all 22 players which was about 10 or 11 more than has been the case lately.

chico2001
Club Player

Wish they could have kicked better into the 50 in the last quarter, just needed to spot one player up in a good position and we would have got the bickies.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

chico2001 wrote: Wed 22 Aug 2018 12:11pm Wish they could have kicked better into the 50 in the last quarter, just needed to spot one player up in a good position and we would have got the bickies.
Totally agree.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Wed 22 Aug 2018 12:56pm
chico2001 wrote: Wed 22 Aug 2018 12:11pm Wish they could have kicked better into the 50 in the last quarter, just needed to spot one player up in a good position and we would have got the bickies.
Totally agree.
:? :? :?

I disagree... i reckon we would have lost by more