Why the Saints?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Why the Saints?

Sick and f****** tired of all the over the top criticism of the Saints this year and no criticism of a far worse side.

The Shockers played finals in 2015, just three years ago and since then they have won only 20 games.

The Saints have won more.

Yet there is no ctiticism of that flog, Tosser Lyin.

About time the heat was applied to him.

Saintly66
Club Player

Re: Why the Saints?

saynta wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 5:16pm Sick and f****** tired of all the over the top criticism of the Saints this year and no criticism of a far worse side.

The Shockers played finals in 2015, just three years ago and since then they have won only 20 games.

Don’t disagree as such but the fact we outlined where we’d be at in 2018-2020 etc doesn’t help one bit. If you do that sort of s*** expect to have the blow torch placed in your direction.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The mental scars from a thrashing like that will...hopefully...be long lasting :)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I think it’s an AFL based conspiracy to get us

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

It’s because bagging the Dockers doesn’t sell papers in Victoria. No one cares about them. Having a Vic side as the media punching bag, sells papers, increases viewers etc.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

I think the media focus on St Kilda of recent weeks has been fair ... and overdue.

The criticisms have been nothing more than what has been repeated on here ad nauseum all season.

It’s just that we don’t like it when the criticism comes from outside. Aka I can criticise my own family, but woe betide anyone else trying it on.

Saintmatt
SS Life Member

bigcarl wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 8:43am I think the media focus on St Kilda of recent weeks has been fair ... and overdue.

The criticisms have been nothing more than what has been repeated on here ad nauseum all season.

It’s just that we don’t like it when the criticism comes from outside. Aka I can criticise my own family, but woe betide anyone else trying it on.
Precisely.

And Freo have 55K members, a new stadium and importantly no debt. I.e. they could afford to sack and pay out Lyin if they wanted to.

We on the other hand, have no good reason to keep Richo the Dribbler ... other than we’re drowning in debt and on the AFL drip and can’t afford the poor optics of sacking two in a row.

Quite frankly - we’re bloody lucky Lynch wanted to leave GCS and Carltoon have been so hopeless ... otherwise there’d have rightly been much more media heat, more regularly placed upon us.

Go you red, black & white warriors
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I reckon the media have been surprisingly generous to Saints until the last few weeks.
Richo seems to have had alot of insulation from harsh criticism. It's about time the blowtorch came out.

Nee!
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

fugazi wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 9:34am I reckon the media have been surprisingly generous to Saints until the last few weeks.
Richo seems to have had alot of insulation from harsh criticism. It's about time the blowtorch came out.
I agree - considering he is on a weekly 15min stint with Robbo and Whateley AFL 360 - i reckon he flies subsonicly under the radar. You watch Scott get thrown a few curly ones and he is verbose and considered with his answers. I reckon they just avoid anything tough with AR as they dont want to watch their "mate" implode on air.

To be honest most of the recent criticism has come from Roo and NDS - but both have avoided placing all the blame at AR's feet. Most of the talk has been about the game plan

Seeya
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

It sounds like we aren't the only one's eating our own, Port supporters now turning on themselves.

And what about Geelong, they are at an interesting place too, possibly just going to scrape into the 8 and for all of thier considerable star power you would have to say they should be labelled big under achievers too.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 5:34pm It sounds like we aren't the only one's eating our own, Port supporters now turning on themselves.

And what about Geelong, they are at an interesting place too, possibly just going to scrape into the 8 and for all of thier considerable star power you would have to say they should be labelled big under achievers too.
Geelong has a far harder draw than say Collingwood yet only two game split between them.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 5:17pm
fugazi wrote: Mon 20 Aug 2018 9:34am I reckon the media have been surprisingly generous to Saints until the last few weeks.
I agree - considering he is on a weekly 15min stint with Robbo and Whateley AFL 360 - i reckon he flies subsonicly under the radar. You watch Scott get thrown a few curly ones and he is verbose and considered with his answers. I reckon they just avoid anything tough with AR as they dont want to watch their "mate" implode on air.

To be honest most of the recent criticism has come from Roo and NDS - but both have avoided placing all the blame at AR's feet. Most of the talk has been about the game plan
Correct - Whately and Robbo have given up on Richo and did some weeks back. They just look sorry for him and they know he's unable to offer anything different from his usual dribble. Much in the same way that our Board would sack him if they hadn't sacked the last one/owed $12M - so too would FoxFooty. It's just awkward cringe TV when Richo was on.

Mike Sheehan actually summed it up 10 days ago when he said the 'good bloke' card counts for a lot in the AFL and no one wants to go the Dribbler as they reckon he's a good bloke.

I think the same btw - I just wish he could oversee a development program, coaching group and development of a gameplan that suits our list and then implements it.

Go you red, black & white warriors
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Sun 19 Aug 2018 5:16pm Sick and f****** tired of all the over the top criticism of the Saints this year and no criticism of a far worse side.

we are copping it and rightly so because of our potential and projections made by our Pres. We were touted for finals and we have gone in reverse, this club deserves all the criticism it gets and some...deflecting won't help.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

yep, our coach had a stupid Schwab moment - should see the same ending.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
chico2001
Club Player

Freo have won 8 games this and still copped a lot of floggings. Free of debt as they should be in a 2 horse town. They have 3 stars, a few reliable foot soldiers and quite a few young guys. Had 23 goals in a row kicked on them by geelong. Are they a better side than the saints? The ladder says so.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Some reckon our coach sucks but I sure prefer him to the Freo coach

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

I fear the soft touch is because Saints are currently irrelevant to everyone else but the dwindling number of supporters and AR has no presence. Telling that GW asked AR directly: have you been guaranteed your job in recent weeks; and the answer was no.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

i live in Perth, and the Ch7 news is all over Ro$$ Lyin...
they asked 'should be be sacked?'

Nat Fyfe did a press conf where he backed Lyin and said he has full buy-in,
but...at the moment he said 'best man for the job' he looked down for a second
(he didn't have any prepared notes to look down at, his speech was rehearsed)
but him looking down- any body language expert would say he didn't believe in his own words.
No way.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 1:24am i live in Perth, and the Ch7 news is all over Ro$$ Lyin...

but him looking down- any body language expert would say he didn't believe in his own words.
No way.
So we may be getting RL back as an assistant coach? To help with development! :wink: :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

thejiggingsaint wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 10:47am
WellardSaint wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 1:24am i live in Perth, and the Ch7 news is all over Ro$$ Lyin...

No way.
So we may be getting RL back as an assistant coach? To help with development! :wink: :lol:
Jack Steven apparently said that Watters spoke to him more times in one month than Lyin had, in 4 yrs.

Lyin ignored most of the young guys, had his fav players

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

That reporter who got belittled and talked down to by Tosser in the press conference after their horrendous loss to Geelong was asked by Toss whether he knew of a team that had rebuilt after 3 years. He did not have to search far from the Fremantle Football club.

Mark Harvey inherited the outright oldest list in the AFL when he was appointed senior coach at Frematle. Within 3 years he rebuilt through the draft and the taem went from 14th, 14th to 6th on the ladder and played off in finals.

Lyin inherited that list which was nurtured and put together and developed by his predecessor and went on to play in more finals.

https://afltables.com/afl/seas/ladders/laddersyby.html

Choppa
Club Player

Yet there is no criticism of that flog, Tosser Lyin.
Plenty over here in WA

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Choppa wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 3:17pm
Plenty over here in WA
Good to know. Hope he gets the arse. He is not one to build a team.

Premium89
Club Player

Plenty over here in WA
Yeah I don't think Freo have flown under the radar on this one!
Watched Last night's AFL 360 - I reckon Richo actually got a bit more heated and dare I say it - passionate, than he has ever been. Didn't really think he had it in him!!

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Premium89 wrote: Tue 21 Aug 2018 3:28pm
Plenty over here in WA
Yeah I don't think Freo have flown under the radar on this one!
Watched Last night's AFL 360 - I reckon Richo actually got a bit more heated and dare I say it - passionate, than he has ever been. Didn't really think he had it in him!!
I would get heated with the flog Robbo too. Evidently doesn't have the brains he was born with or any common sense.

The clown had his bank account emptied by scammers ffs. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: