Plugger v Dunstall: Cringeworthy +

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Plugger v Dunstall: Cringeworthy +

Classic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
CursingFijian

Re: Plugger v Dunstall: Cringeworthy +

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote:

Looks like that version of Maguire had a gap between his front teeth comparable to Floss McCartin’s.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

CursingFijian wrote: Thu 24 Jan 2019 12:44pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote:

Looks like that version of Maguire had a gap between his front teeth comparable to Floss McCartin’s.
Paddy's gap is sexy! Leave him alone. 😁

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Exhibit A.

A HOH gangster (right above) posting a derogatory comment/question and sticking their beak in for no other reason than to cause trouble. The HOH gangster has added nothing at all to the thread.

And I get accused of causing trouble. Lol. If you don't like the thread topic or find it bori g then stay away or don't comment. Very simple. The HOH gangsters are very, very, very hypocritical it seems.

Ladies and Gentlemen...knock, knock, knock...case closed!

Total = 1.
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Exhibit A.

A HOH gangster (right above) posting a derogatory comment/question and sticking their beak in for no other reason than to cause trouble. The HOH gangster has added nothing at all to the thread.

And I get accused of causing trouble. Lol. If you don't like the thread topic or find it bori g then stay away or don't comment. Very simple. The HOH gangsters are very, very, very hypocritical it seems.

Ladies and Gentlemen...knock, knock, knock...case closed!

Total = 1.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
asiu
Saintsational Legend

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

It appears this thread has gone off tangent.

I'd just like to say any comparison of Dunstall to Plugger, is an insult to Plugger.

If you're going to compare players to Plugger, then only a few can be mentioned in comparison: Baldock, Ditterich, Whitten, Barassi, Matthews, Coleman and perhaps one or two others. Any other comparison is insulting.

Sainter_Dad
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 3:17pm It appears this thread has gone off tangent.
Seriously??? Tangent and childish name calling is par for the course now! How very dare you?

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”

― Aristophanes

If you have a Bee in your Bonnet - I can assist you with that - but it WILL involve some smacking upside the head!
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 3:17pm It appears this thread has gone off tangent.

I'd just like to say any comparison of Dunstall to Plugger, is an insult to Plugger.

If you're going to compare players to Plugger, then only a few can be mentioned in comparison: Baldock, Ditterich, Whitten, Barassi, Matthews, Coleman and perhaps one or two others. Any other comparison is insulting.
Dunstall was a great player
1200+ goals
4 flags
3 colemans
2 AA
so I don't think the comparison is insulting

Plugger was a beast though, I wonder how many more goals he might have kicked if he'd played in an A grade side like Dunstall for most of his career.

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote: Fri 25 Jan 2019 3:35pm

Dunstall was a great player
1200+ goals
4 flags
3 colemans
2 AA
so I don't think the comparison is insulting

Plugger was a beast though, I wonder how many more goals he might have kicked if he'd played in an A grade side like Dunstall for most of his career.
Wasn't saying Dunstall wasn't great, he certainly was. Despite that Plugger was at another level.

As you said, imagine Lockett in the team Dunstall played in, particularly at their best. They would have had to have changed the Rules to curtail Hawthorn's invincibility! Hudson's record? Pfft, there would have been a 200 goal season or two.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Plugger was better. Plus Bunger played in better sides throughout his entire career.

Total = 1.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Hardly cringeworthy unless you’re a simpelton.

Plugger was a special player but had major weaknesses. Dunstall was a one team player and didn’t lose his s*** like Plugger did.

It’s a legitimate debate.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Ape_Man
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:Hardly cringeworthy unless you’re a simpelton.

Plugger was a special player but had major weaknesses. Dunstall was a one team player and didn’t lose his s*** like Plugger did.

It is a debate. Both were absolute guns. But who was better?

Here is an easy way to find out...

For just one game you have to pick a player at their absolute peak.

Is it Plugger or Dunstall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Definitely Plugger Apeman. Dunstall had better players around him and forward 50 delivery his entire career. Its quite amazing that Plugger kicked so many goals in some ordinary Saints sides.

Total = 1.
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I was upset when they picked Dunstall as FF for the Big V and put Plugger in the pocket. I was also upset when MMM chose Dunstall for special comments in one GF and relegated Spud to “extra” comments. Very rational of me.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Gordo'
Club Player
Location: banned for a spell, things didn't turn out so well, every thread i played, ffs was lucky i stayed!!!

ffs, plugger v dunstall??? plugger never played back pocket for the flowering magoos. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fortitude Fidelity Sainta.
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

I dont get this Lockett is better because he played in a worse side then Dunstall

When he first pulled on a Stkilda jumper he lined up along side "take no prisoners" Mark Jackson, Max Corw and Robbie Mace not to mention Grant Young. He had the likes of Trevor Barker Greg Burns Silvo Foschini, the Cunningham brothers Rod Owen, Morwood and Robert the racehorse Elphinstone moving the ball into the forward line.
That list was just in his first year in 83
Over the next 10 years Winmar Loewe RIce Frankie Coghlan Harvey Burke McAdam
amongst a revolving door of short term ex champs from other clubs and you end up with a list of champions
The trouble started for Lockett on his introduction to stkilda was the get neutered drive down from Ballarat

Lockett was in a list of champions in a troubled club vs a champion team

Seeya
shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

Dunstall at FF for the Big V and Plugger in the pocket riled me.
Same for MMM radio GF coverage with Dunstall as leading comments man and Spud relegated to 'extra comments.'

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
barneyboyz
Club Player

sunsaint wrote: Mon 28 Jan 2019 6:27pm I dont get this Lockett is better because he played in a worse side then Dunstall

When he first pulled on a Stkilda jumper he lined up along side "take no prisoners" Mark Jackson, Max Corw and Robbie Mace not to mention Grant Young. He had the likes of Trevor Barker Greg Burns Silvo Foschini, the Cunningham brothers Rod Owen, Morwood and Robert the racehorse Elphinstone moving the ball into the forward line.
amongst a revolving door of short term ex champs from other clubs and you end up with a list of champions
The trouble started for Lockett on his introduction to stkilda was the get neutered drive down from Ballarat

Exactly how I see it. Think you'll find Jason got much of his footy closer to the sticks too

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

barneyboyz wrote: Tue 29 Jan 2019 11:20am
sunsaint wrote: Mon 28 Jan 2019 6:27pm
Exactly how I see it. Think you'll find Jason got much of his footy closer to the sticks too
and ooops "grant young" got somehow confused with David Grant and Grant Thomas ( obviously tongue in cheek fighting words with the latter)

Seeya
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote: Mon 28 Jan 2019 6:27pm I dont get this Lockett is better because he played in a worse side then Dunstall

I think you have a bit of nickname confusion happening sunny!

Robert "bronwn sugar" Elphinstone was known as "The Eel" as he was reputedly very difficult to tackle.
Some also called him Elf, but I never recall racehourse.
Elphinstone signed with Richmond in 84-85 I think, but had a change of heart and stayed at Moorabbin.

The last Racehorse I remember (it was a real 70's nickname) was Neil Besanko.
Neil and his brothers were all very good track runners, Barry who also played at Essendon from memory was a very competent track sprinter.

While not turning Plugger onto the straight and narrow during the infamous Ballarat road trips, I doubt they turned him from a Sunday School boy to bad boy. In fact if you'd ever heard Slug Jordan speak about a 16 year old Plugger in Junior Big V teams you'd get an understanding he was not one for authority even in his junior days. And didn't he despise Kenny Sheldon and Peter Hudson :lol:

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

SaintPav wrote: Sun 27 Jan 2019 12:08am Hardly cringeworthy unless you’re a simpelton.

I’m pretty sure the cringeworthy statement was around the actual news clip rather than comparing the two, so no reason to call anyone a Simpleton.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote: Wed 30 Jan 2019 12:25pm
I think you have a bit of nickname confusion happening sunny!

Robert "bronwn sugar" Elphinstone was known as "The Eel" as he was reputedly very difficult to tackle.
Some also called him Elf, but I never recall racehourse.
Elphinstone signed with Richmond in 84-85 I think, but had a change of heart and stayed at Moorabbin.

The last Racehorse I remember (it was a real 70's nickname) was Neil Besanko.
Neil and his brothers were all very good track runners, Barry who also played at Essendon from memory was a very competent track sprinter.

While not turning Plugger onto the straight and narrow during the infamous Ballarat road trips, I doubt they turned him from a Sunday School boy to bad boy. In fact if you'd ever heard Slug Jordan speak about a 16 year old Plugger in Junior Big V teams you'd get an understanding he was not one for authority even in his junior days. And didn't he despise Kenny Sheldon and Peter Hudson :lol:
thank the big "G" you are back Joffa ( or is that the big "M" in the ether?)
yep neil & eel is too confusing for this ole pony
Elphinstone had a turn of speed on him but it was Besanko that got the title of racehorse
However for the record - Besanko never played with Lockett
I am more worried that no one took issue with me including G Thomas with the great players that lined up with Lockett

Seeya