Parker, Wilkie, Kent in favour - who is nervous?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

Parker, Wilkie, Kent in favour - who is nervous?

I imagine Newnes is, possibly Sinclair...? If Billings or Webster starts taking kick outs, maybe Savage. Armo to play mainly in VFL in his final year? Key defender combination for first couple of rounds will be interesting.

Crossy66
Club Player

Re: Parker, Wilkie, Kent in favour - who is nervous?

Yorkeys wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 6:43pm I imagine Newnes is, possibly Sinclair...? If Billings or Webster starts taking kick outs, maybe Savage. Armo to play mainly in VFL in his final year? Key defender combination for first couple of rounds will be interesting.
I reckon they will set up around savage's kickins. Under the new rules he will run 15 meters, launch, and gain 75 - 80 meters. Wont be the first to play vfl

degruch
Saintsational Legend

One game Yorkeys...we know not to trust pre-season form. I'd be happy to see stiff competition for these spots, but sit tight.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Im not sure nervousness should come into it at this stage. The will to keep going improving must prevail. There is nothing to be gained by this squad, if there isnt faith in the development of younger, new players and drive from the more experienced players, to lift the teams standards. Almost any changes at the moment should be welcomed, enhanced and embraced. After Saturday I believe there should be at least 26 players who are excited with their opportunities. Momentum begins with one step forward. If the squad, whoever plays, can step forward all at once, momentum becomes force.

CQ SAINT
Saintsational Legend

Im not sure nervousness should come into it at this stage. The will to keep going improving, must prevail. There is nothing to be gained by this squad, if there isnt faith in the development of younger, new players and drive from the more experienced players, to lift the teams standards. Almost any changes at the moment should be welcomed, enhanced and embraced. After Saturday I believe there should be at least 26 players who are excited with their opportunities. Momentum begins with one step forward. If the squad, whoever plays, can step forward all at once, momentum becomes force.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I like having Savage in there - that kick is really very damaging. I'm amazed we haven't learned to exploit it better.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Anyone who doesn't perform will be nervous - whoever that may be.

spert
Saintsational Legend

The new recruits mentioned seem to be very hard and direct at the contest, and anyone who sits back and doesn't have crack at the getting the contested ball might be nervous about selection. Next JLT game might be one where we see who is fairdinkum about getting a gig in the seniors

bigred
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote: Mon 04 Mar 2019 5:24pm The new recruits mentioned seem to be very hard and direct at the contest, and anyone who sits back and doesn't have crack at the getting the contested ball might be nervous about selection. Next JLT game might be one where we see who is fairdinkum about getting a gig in the seniors
Six tackle jack perhaps.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
GilsAuPair
Club Player

Parker is just the player we need.
Tough, fast and plays like his life depends on it.

linz
Club Player

Rice

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Pace was already important last year. with the new 6/6/6 rules it is even more important.

Hence Parker, Kent and Hind are all going to be in active consideration for our round one team. I expect at least two of them will be.

Steele is flying and after last season is a lock.
Ross unlikely to miss out, but Dunstan will need to lift his game to stay in. Especially if J Steven is back for Round 1.
Sinclair I believe is a good runner and is a very good user of the ball. Good users of the ball I believe will be favoured by Rats (Ie my comment below on Savage).

With Webster fit Rice down back will probably miss out as Geary will be kept and I believe that our new coaches know how valuable Savage can be out of defence.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

With the extended goal square and his booming left foot "The Cannon" might be a handy addition for Port.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_McKenzie

8bloggs
Club Player

Scollop wrote: Sun 10 Mar 2019 10:30am With the extended goal square and his booming left foot "The Cannon" might be a handy addition for Port.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_McKenzie
Sorry Scollop I can't see your point - can you expand on how this relates to the topic?

asiu
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote: Sun 03 Mar 2019 11:04pm I like having Savage in there - that kick is really very damaging. I'm amazed we haven't learned to exploit it better.

.name the ways , thought manipulates the State of Presence away.

.tipara waranta kani nina-tu.
GilsAuPair
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Sat 09 Mar 2019 10:07pm Pace was already important last year. with the new 6/6/6 rules it is even more important.

Hence Parker, Kent and Hind are all going to be in active consideration for our round one team. I expect at least two of them will be.

Steele is flying and after last season is a lock.
Ross unlikely to miss out, but Dunstan will need to lift his game to stay in. Especially if J Steven is back for Round 1.
Sinclair I believe is a good runner and is a very good user of the ball. Good users of the ball I believe will be favoured by Rats (Ie my comment below on Savage).

With Webster fit Rice down back will probably miss out as Geary will be kept and I believe that our new coaches know how valuable Savage can be out of defence.
Steele and Ross are the first two picked imo.

Everyone goes on about his long kicking but Savage still has very below average decision making.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well Joyce is now our No 1 Round Bolter coming from no where with two solid JLT Games.

Marshall the No2 Bolter with an excellent game today, but has not come from from as far back as Joyce.

Kent I feel has done more that Parker or Hind and is now certain to play Round 1. But is less ofa bolter die to his past games at the Dees.

Long looked ok. I suspect our selectors will want pace in the team. But who out of Long, Parker and Hind?

If Parker it will be more on what they believe he could become. There is no doubt he radiates potential.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....