Changes v Hawks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Changes v Hawks

Out: Kent, Parker, McKenzie, 8cres :cry:
In: Long, Young, White/Coffield, Pearce/Longer

It's about time we went back to the "3 talls" strategy I mentioned in a previous thread. I mean, if Paddy was fit then he would be playing and someone would be missing out. Put Marshall down there as a forward and relief ruckman (also as previously mentioned) .

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Changes v Hawks

Out: Kent, Sinclair & Acres

In: Steven, Long & Joyce

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

We’re going to need another ruck v McEvoy and Ceglar.

Out: Kent, Lonie/Sinclair/Parker/Clark/Acres
In: Longer/Pierce, Steven
Last edited by bigcarl on Sun 07 Apr 2019 11:28pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Linton Lodger wrote: Sun 07 Apr 2019 11:15pm Out: Kent, Sinclair & Acres

In: Steven, Long & Joyce
Damn, I forgot about Jacky boy

Out: Kent, Parker, McKenzie, 8cres :cry:
In: Steven, Long, White/Coffield, Pearce/Longer

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Out: Parker, McKenzie, Sinclair, Acres,
In: Longer or Pearce, Steven, Young or Long, Hind

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
guitars4
Club Player

Outs Parker, Kent,Lonie,
Ins Steven, Long,Hind,

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

More chance of Richo winning a beauty pageant than of Lonie being dropped.
Probably in our best 10 over the three games so far!

SMS
Club Player

wtf? why is parker out?

guitars4
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 12:03am More chance of Richo winning a beauty pageant than of Lonie being dropped.
Probably in our best 10 over the three games so far!
Fair enough I don't think he has but it's only my opinion :wink:

Impatient Sainter
Saintsational Legend

Changes:

Stevens for Clark.
Young for Acres.
Last edited by Impatient Sainter on Mon 08 Apr 2019 12:12am, edited 1 time in total.

SMS
Club Player

There were a LOT of positives today.

Clark needs time at AFL level. he could be anythigng but needs time.

2019 - the year we win 10 and gain some
respect. Where we dont get blown away and find some
talent. HOW GOOD IS WILKIE? we have snagged the 2020s sammy fisher. Brilliant.

Anyway
Out: Kent, McKenzie, Acres
In: Steven, Joyce, Long

james rose
Club Player

Out Sincs or Kent
In Steven

Or

Our Sincs and kent
In Steven and Longer/Pierce

Personally would just do

Out kent
In Steven

wolfpup
Club Player

out: sinclair, kent
in: young, steven

-----------

St.Kilda Forever!
stkfc1
Club Player

DMac, Kent, Acres Sinc out. Just not doing enough.
Joyce Longer Long Steven in.
We'll need Longer, so Marshall can go forward and share ruck duties. We're desperate for another marking forward option.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

OBVIOUS CHANGES
Out: Sinclair, Parker or Kent?
In: Steven, Long

Parker talented but undisciplined against Freo, agree with SC looked like he got ahead of himself, maybe a week in the 2’s or a kick up the arse. Kent doesn’t tackle and doesn’t get it much & doest seem to have great endurance. Decent back up option but still looks a fringe AFL player, but at least he can kick.

Sinclair is the least aggressive player I have seen in the AFL. Great skills but has to get it a lot more if you have deficiencies.

McKenzie not going to be dropped.

Perhaps Joyce in and Battle forward?
A second ruck?

Those potentially under the pump IMO?
Acres
Sinclair
Kent
Parker (for discipline)
Clark - give him another run please

Potential ins
Steven
Long
Longer
Young

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
spert
Saintsational Legend

Need another strong marking option in the forward half. A few of our guys just didn't want to own the loose ball and let Freo pick up crumbs way too easy. Desperation and pressure has improved generally, but some of our mids and forwards need to get more of the ball, and do more with it. Bring in some speed too..Hind& Young maybe for Parker and Kent

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Need to get back to basics for our match against the old rival. What would Mike Patterson or Alan Jeans have planned for this week? Well, here we go. My take:

Must go in against Hawthorn with a traditional 2 ruckmen, 3 tall forwards setup.

The ball is moved out of centre clearances and out of the forward line far too easily. None of our players are able to mark passes anymore, which is due to our blind kick and hope game style we have been playing since 2014. We'll get cleaned up royally in the next six matches against top eight sides if we go in with the same setup as we have so far. I would play Marshall as the second tall with Bruce and play Battle up forward too.
Bring in Billy Longer next week to ruck all day, with Marshall to give him a chop out as a kind of ruck rover when Billy is rested. Billy to rest in the forward line or on the pine during these periods.
Bring back Joyce to cover Battle down back, and two of our under-performing small forwards out for Steven and Long back in. Joyce and Long should never have been dropped in the first place.

For our main training session this week an emphasis on kick-to-kick with a focus on forwards playing in front, and goal kicking practice - 50 shots each after training. Probably freshen the players up anyway.

On the evening after recovery, a few cans each at the Sandbelt for a bonding session before Hawthorn match. We play on Sunday night so that would be alright.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 11:35am Need to get back to basics for our match against the old rival. What would Mike Patterson or Alan Jeans have planned for this week? Well, here we go. My take:

Must go in against Hawthorn with a traditional 2 ruckmen, 3 tall forwards setup.

The ball is moved out of centre clearances and out of the forward line far too easily. None of our players are able to mark passes anymore, which is due to our blind kick and hope game style we have been playing since 2014. We'll get cleaned up royally in the next six matches against top eight sides if we go in with the same setup as we have so far. I would play Marshall as the second tall with Bruce and play Battle up forward too.
Bring in Billy Longer next week to ruck all day, with Marshall to give him a chop out as a kind of ruck rover when Billy is rested. Billy to rest in the forward line or on the pine during these periods.
Bring back Joyce to cover Battle down back, and two of our under-performing small forwards out for Steven and Long back in. Joyce and Long should never have been dropped in the first place.

For our main training session this week an emphasis on kick-to-kick with a focus on forwards playing in front, and goal kicking practice - 50 shots each after training. Probably freshen the players up anyway.

On the evening after recovery, a few cans each at the Sandbelt for a bonding session before Hawthorn match. We play on Sunday night so that would be alright.
Good post mate.

barneyboyz
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote: Mon 08 Apr 2019 11:35am Need to get back to basics for our match against the old rival. What would Mike Patterson or Alan Jeans have planned for this week? Well, here we go. My take:

I like it, would take a lot of courage to do. Joyce did appear to be exposed when he last played, but Battle must play forward, simply must

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

A few tins at the Sandbelt. Love it. If only it was allowed in this day and age. Do they even do that at local footy anymore?

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

Ah Jeans & Patterson. They used to play 2 ruckman in the middle. Jeans would have both Ditterich & Mynott in the middle in the 60s and Patterson had Ditterich & Sidebottom (RIP) in 1978. That could cause carnage. I remember playing Essendon at Windy Hill in 1978, Ditterich & Sidebottom both lined up in the middle and intimidated Essendon into meek capitulation within seconds!

That was a different time. Are you suggesting we go with Billiy and Roma in the middle at the same time? :D

Linton Lodger
SS Hall of Fame

B: Savage Brown Webster

HB: Newnes Joyce McKenzie

C: Geary Ross Billings

HF: Long Battle Parker

F: Lonie Bruce Membrey

Rucks: Marshall & Steele

Rover: Gresham

Inter: Steven, Wilkie, Clark & Dunstan

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I would be very surprised if they start playing Battle in the forward line this year.

We might have to wait until next year now.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
twirlyhair
Club Player

The team is going so well (compared to out expectations preseason) so I am loathed to make too many changes. I also like to give players a chance to redeem themselves after a poor game, so for me, Parker stays in. We really need Acres to perform, and as we know, your second game back at the top level is often your poorest, so I am willing to give him another chance to. Kent was good and bad, with too many fumbles, but I am also willing to give him the chance to be better. So for me, only one change.
In: Jack
Out: Sinclair

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Battle showing signs of being a very good backman. Let him develop there. Our focus this year should be on development, not suddenly getting ahead of ourselves on the basis of three competitive games against mediocre clubs.
Clark stays in for that reason. Sincs
and Acres continue to disappoint and Kent is simply a depth player. Parker may need to have a think in the twos but Long was very undisciplined in his last game. Steven & Longer in for Sincs & Kent.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "