The Flux Report: TV supporters' membership Round. (Free to join & all that money goes to the club.)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AeonFlux
Club Player

The Flux Report: TV supporters' membership Round. (Free to join & all that money goes to the club.)

Wanted to go to the game. Really wanted to go. But (somehow) willpower won the day. Stayed home to do something about the third world status of the mess at home. TV on. Mistake. House still third world status. :oops:

Damn! Should have yelled for (and at) the Saintas in person at the Linton Lodger Stadium.

And yes. Have a Saints’ membership. And discovered just this week, also have something called a Saints’ TV supporters’ membership.

But suck it up global warming!!!!!! !!!!! Will burn both, if we ever fold and move to Tassie. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Could never ever support an AFL team that isn’t our beloved St Kilda footy club......... for all its, uhm, frustrations.

Post of the week:
SAINT-LEE wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 8:49amHey, I'm one of the biggest cry babies when it comes to losing. I hate on half the coaches, the board, I even think the janitor is a lazy bastard ( no reflection on the proud Bastard Union 101) .
I'm so critical and sh1tty right now my attitude weighs more than I do.

BUT.... I buy memberships for my whole family, my asshole neighbor and his 2 sons, even that damnation of a feline Smokey ( may you rot in hell with your incessant scratching on my door at 3am) because SAINTERS.

I donate a decent amount, albeit not as grand as years gone by, No overt cudos please I do it only for your secret adulation.

I get it. Be sh1tty, cry all day, judge the crap out of everyone.
But please support the club, if you did I wouldn't have to buy half my damn street memberships.

Let your passion show where it counts, your wallet. No matter what, SAINTS.
And in that fine and noble spirit we present this week’s Flux Report. :D

This week's analysis Committee:
- Catherine. (Has resigned herself to what’s happening. Still brought takeaway. Back to vegan again. Mmmm.)
- Saxons. (RosKilda’s favourite poster/s. :D )
- Simon, aka the Troll Hunter, aka (now finally) BFTNorway.
- Parquetrysainter. (Still just like Ted).
- king9. (Amazing what a good woman can do.)
- Owen.

Missing: :(
- Rodger. <swoon> Come back Rodger! We can get Kinky for you too. :cry:
- BornAgainNorwegianTed12. (Still everyone’s favourite Norwegian internet troll and emerging young fiction writer. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=98147#p1793057
He’s out still celebrating our 100+ thumping win, the G-train kicking a bag on his mate Fervola.
Yes, we know. We just haven’t got the heart to tell Ted yet.................. :lol: )
Norwegiantedtheodorelogan12 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 5:43pm I'm a troll.
- Aaron.
Jacks Back wrote: Mon 20 May 2019 11:15pmI'm not sure you're fair dinkum, AeonFlux, with your committee as I understand Aaron was in Bali during your meeting and I further understand that he got himself a St Kilda tat on his wrist.
Is in Thailand visiting his ladyboy girl. So you were close Jack. Not sure about the tatt, though more likely to be of Colonel Sanders – correct colours a least. :D

- Vaas Montenegro. (Still refusing to return until he gets to ‘trigger’ a certain contract.)
- Mr Cuddly Duck. (Should be posting back here, not posting over on Big Booty. Come home Huggie.)
- Sainter K. (Where are you?)
- Holly Valance. (A sensation in the day. We miss you Holly.)
- Jaffa Boy. (Now realised that he is the straw man, and the concern troll.)
- Straw Man and Concern Troll. (Now both bemused at...............themselves.)
- axeman4. (Three words. Mail. Mates. Awaiting.)

- Loris. (Again. Was it because we forgot the Kinky Friedman refs’ last week? Or maybe you’re busy reading The Kinky Friedman Book Club? Have just finished the first one. Spoiler alert. The Lone Star Killer wasn’t the butler – probably because there wasn’t one in the story.)

Ok, last Saturday week didn’t go so well. But there’s always a second chance.

Lead the parade.

Assessment:
Footage of all our forward 50 entries from the match

Note that they are all the same, just filmed from different angles. Familiar, huh? :evil: :shock: :roll: :x :(

On Sunday we just fell over the line against a very very poor Carlscum side. Should have beaten them by 12+ goals!!!!

5 and 5, and people are happy???????????????????? :x :x :x

Decent choaching and we'd be bloody 9 and 1!!!!!! !!!!!
:x :x :x
Norwegiantedtheodorelogan12 wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 4:02pm We're a pretty decent side when you disregard the efficiency and disposal up forward.

More posts of the week:
asiu wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 7:24pm
asiu wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 12:58pm
I'm really excited to see what these boys can do given the significance of the round to them. I don't the majority of non Aboriginals understand how much it means to them.
the significance being ..... ?
apologies if i presented the question as a right /wrong paradigm ... didn’t intend that

... am actually interested in
what exactly it is , peeps think the significance is
for our indigenous players

‘n thought it could be an interesting discussion

i reckon they play for
for family ‘n community but above all
the kids following along behind em
asiu wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 7:24pmi should quote myself more often
saynta wrote:F^^k yeah! :)
Agreed. :)

Stuff to like:
- Paddy didn't get concussed again. (We think.............?)
- Hanners' didn't get concussed again. (We know.)

Stuff to not like:
- Why Paddy didn't (and can't) get concussed again.
- Why Hanners' didn't (and can't) get concussed again. Because he’s Goneski. “2 weeks”.
- And now Jimmy W’s career is over too. Webster 2 weeks. :shock:
saynta wrote:F^^k, f^^k & f^^k.

Mid Season Daft:
So now that Paddy is on the LT (Last Time) injuried list, we're back in the mid-season daft.

Really really hope that we take Matty Parker's mate, the bloke who got him to take footy seriously, Marlion Pickett. Broken finger or not! 27 or not! Just get him Saints! For romance. For the bromance. And because the bloke can play!

Goal kicking:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98156&sid=9c5aacd5a ... 4#p1793206
Ok, time to get serious.
- Identify and rectify (as far as possible) dodgy kicking technique. This is very doable. (With Huddo’s help) Stewie Loewe went from the embarrassment of hearing the Saints’ crowd laugh when they realised he was the one who was about to take a set shot on goal (his own words), to be a pretty reliable set shot from 50-55 metres out. And all still without anything like a classic technique. Given how bad the young Buckets was, this proves almost anything is possible.
- Bailey Rice as kicking coach! Now there is a technique that leaves as little as humanly possible margin for error. (Snowy Carlisle is pretty damn good like that too. Even more so for such a tall bloke.) And Josh Battle and Callum Wilkies’ input wouldn’t go astray either.
- All goal kicking practice to be performed in the middle of drills (i.e.; when the players are fatigued).
- Set shots conduct with a bloke on the mark, and a bloke in the goal square.
- Set shots from various distances and angles.
- Each shot given a rating based on difficulty. (Maybe use those stats’ the telly uses when a bloke lines up?)
This is degree of difficulty is then linked to a financial figure. (This figure may be adjusted down to take into account players on base payments.)
Goals kicked earn a ‘credit’ and those missed a ‘debit’. (Out on the full, and failing to make the distance from within 40 metres attract double that debit.)
End of season, any player in ‘debit’ will contribute that amount to one (or more) of the club’s charity partners.

If that doesn’t do the trick, then Vaas will be delivering a few more people to the Saudi embassy of Lazar’s choice. :twisted:
saynta wrote:F^^k yeah!
Problem addressed. They either learn to kick straighter under pressure, or charities get some cash, or Lazar’s mates get some ‘practice’. Win, win or win.

Next.......... :mrgreen:

Hat:
magnifisaint wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 9:13pm
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Fri 24 May 2019 9:09pm Brad Scott has strong links with Simon Lethers.
So the implication is that Richo is a dead man walking unless he pulls a rabbit out of the hat.
Brad Kray??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: Seriously???????? :shock: :shock: :shock:
saynta wrote:F^^k!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
This bloke’s choaching career has been one big miss. And true to form, finished off with one big miss.

Couldn’t even get that one right. :roll:

Brad Kray? Yep, wrong hat.

Stuff to hate:
ss1986 wrote: Sat 25 May 2019 1:43pmMaterial Uncertainty Related to Going Concern

We draw attention to Note 1(b) in the financial statements, which indicates that, as at 31 October 2018, the Group’s current liabilities exceeded its current assets by $10,287,306. As stated in Note 1(b), these events or conditions, along with other matters as set forth in Note 1(b), indicate that a material uncertainty exists that may cast significant doubt on the Group’s ability to continue as a going concern. Our opinion is not modified in respect of this matter.
:evil:

Thank God for that Adani mob for taking the spotlight off our financial predicament.
The numbers on Adani simply don't add up

Add all that together and Adani is losing $US220 million a year:
It would cost about $US88 to produce a tonne of coal that would sell for $US66 on the open market. :shock:

Those challenging numbers (rather than pressure from environmentalists) look like the best explanation for why banks have refused to lend to Carmichael. Adani has promised to fund the project from its own balance sheet...

And yet the belief that only environmentalists and obstructionist politicians are holding Carmichael back continues to shamble on. Comparable projects like Glencore's Wandoan have been mothballed for years.

As we've argued, investors seem to be fleeing coal finance as the economics get increasingly challenging...

https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... 51qoy.html
Ha ha. Feel better now after reading that. At least our Saints aren’t selling $88 memberships for $66 a pop. They aren’t, right....................? :|

But then again, even if so, we have Gestapo HQ at the Dockedlands to bail us out. Ha ha again. Though word is, the other Gestapo HQ, the one under Parliament grass in the Can’tberra, may well have underwritten Adani’s excesses.

Fools of a feather flock together.................... :roll:

Vale:
Cairnsman (apparently). viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98138
Back from the Cairns, only to be gunned down in a drive-by in Highett. Tragic. Surreal. (Not real?)
Now is Felineman (apparently).

On a brighter note, the demise of Cairnsman brought HarryM back from the grave.
(The word is. The poor copper knocked on the front door to deliver the sad news to Mrs Harry, saying, “I’m really sorry to tell you that your Harry is dead.” She just looked at him, and then asked, “How can you tell?”)

Nicki Lauda

Confession. This is actually footage of the first time that our most centred Saintsationalist met the Swiss Miss.
But why should Ted be the only one to get to exercise some artistic license around here? :wink:

Stuff to ponder/ what does that even mean??? :? :
tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Thu 16 May 2019 3:24pm The patient Panda always wins in the end on most occassions.
Keep 'em coming Ted. :lol:

Report on The Ted Report:
Word is that after reading that last Ted Report the ex-AFL footballers paid up again. (It’s whispered that their names are Vidovic and Lazar.) So there’s no again Ted Report this week. :cry:

Pure coincidence – shirley.......?:
Correlation doesn't equal causation, the word is, but...
Sandy looking hopeless.
Billy No Stats gets injured, and his presence is no Longer, present.
The mobile and competitive Gilbo' goes into the ruck, restoring an equal number of players to each side.
Sandy spark up and run over the top of the Blues' Twos... :idea:

Opposition player to bag:
Lance Squibbs. Your leaving Carlscum hurt us. Your missing when we played the Fruit Tingles hurt. Given that you were dumped from the Fruit tingles side, you may as well have popped over and played for Carlscum on Sunday. Thanks for nothing! Again!

And the same goes for sookie sookie la la Marc Murphy! Your absence didn’t help us either. So thank-you also for nothing! Again!

Petal Thomas would have gotten a mention here too, but he managed to not get suspended, and so actually played against us. And for that we’re grateful. (Though we can’t say the same about making us have to look at the hairdo! Seriously, that’s even more ill-conceived than our forward 50 entries!!!!!!!! )

Kruiser and Weitering rate mentions here also. Whilst in not way Jack Watts level jokes, you’d be hoping for quite a bit more from a first round draft pick.
Norwegiantedtheodorelogan12 wrote: Thu 23 May 2019 8:33pmPiss off duds. Give it up.
And never forgetting Jamie 'seagull' Cripps!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yeah, that was last week. But we believe in maintaining the rage!!!!!! Traitor!!!!!!!! !!!!!
Scollop wrote: Sat 18 May 2019 12:09am Down hill skier. Soft. Has pace and is a good shot at goal but easily replaced
Looks good in a team with a strong midfield
Loves bruise free footy.

Next week. A long way from Linton Lodger Stadium:

INS:
Options we're considering/not considering.................
Coffield.

OUTski:
Newnes

On bloody notice:
Sinclair.
Young.
Dunstan’s second half. :shock: (A bit harsh there DS?)
saynta wrote:F^^k. :shock:
Badger’s ass (whatever that means? :? ):
Langlands. Next in line. (We hear ya Saynta. :) )
saynta wrote:F^^k yeah!

Thoughts, Rodger? <swoon>

Thoughts, Saintsationalists?

- Aeon.

ReMembering:
Image Image Image Image

----- Rodger ------- Nymeria ------- BakesFan ----------- Aaron
HarryM wrote: Nope never heard of them :roll:
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: The Flux Report: TV supporters' membership Round. (Free to join & all that money goes to the club.)

I'm an interstate member,
also I watch us on TV because I live in Perth,
and I watch sometimes on the AFL Live App which I get free due to being a Telstra customer

So I am a triple member :mrgreen:

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Dave McNamara
Saintsational Legend
Location: Slotting another one from 94.5m out. Opposition flood? Bring it on...! Keep the faith Saintas!

Re: The Flux Report: TV supporters' membership Round. (Free to join & all that money goes to the club.)

WellardSaint wrote: Mon 27 May 2019 7:44pm I'm an interstate member,
and I watch sometimes on the AFL Live App which I get free due to being a Telstra customer

That's impressive Wells. Do you have any cats or dogs that you could sign up to the TV membership. (Remember, we're told that all proceeds go to the club. :D )

PS: Is all well with Loris? See seems to have disappeared again. (Simon hasn't added her to the SS 'holiday list'...? :lol: )

It's Dave, man. Will you open up? I got the stuff with me! -------Who?
Dave, man. Open up ------------------------------------------ -----Dave???
Yeah, Dave. ---------------------------------------------------------Dave's not here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOiG1hAr ... detailpage
skeptic wrote: Tue 30 Jan 2024 8:07pmCongrats to Dave McNamara - hereby dubbed the KNOWINGEST KNOW IT ALL of Saintsational
:mrgreen:
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Dave McNamara wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:18pm

That's impressive Wells. Do you have any cats or dogs that you could sign up to the TV membership. (Remember, we're told that all proceeds go to the club. :D )

PS: Is all well with Loris? See seems to have disappeared again. (Simon hasn't added her to the SS 'holiday list'...? :lol: )
Speaking of the "SS Holiday list" I'm still waiting to find out what constitutes "excessive abusive" as against regular abuse. I want to abuse people, but not so much that I get banned!! How much is "Excessive"??

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Dave McNamara wrote: Tue 28 May 2019 1:18pm

Her most recent post was 7 May... i was thinking of her too

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
guitars4
Club Player

Love your work Fluxman :wink: