Brad Scott to be announced as Saints coach in August

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Brad Scott to be announced as Saints coach in August

According to a friend of mine it will be announced in 3 weeks.

I’m trying to get more info as to his sources.

I’m warming to the idea of Brad as our coach - it will piss off plenty of our fans and I’m looking forward to the massive dummy spitting!!

I just wish Richo gets the chop post the Geelong game and it’s not drawn out beyond that.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brad Scott to be announced as Saints coach in August

I hope you are saying that tongue in cheek otherwise why would you want to have a coach appointed for the soul reason of pissing of plenty of our fans just for you to look forward to massive dummy spitting?

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Incredible.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Jacks Back wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 8:36am I hope you are saying that tongue in cheek otherwise why would you want to have a coach appointed for the soul reason of pissing of plenty of our fans just for you to look forward to massive dummy spitting?
A little yes. I don’t mind him as a coach though. He will bring some hardness we haven’t had since Lyon left us.

Plus he doesn’t speak gibberish. Seems like a direct sort of person. I reckon several of our players are shitting themselves at the moment, and will be full of love and praise for Richo after he goes.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Maybe Lenny Hayes can be appointed assistant so Brad Scott can fling him into a fence.

A wretched, wretched boy's club decision if true and a line in the sand for me.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah this would be a decision that would effect me putting up for a membership.

Sorry, but just more jobs for the boys.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
linmarnic
Club Player

Just playing devil’s advocate but what if he is the best coach available; do we not appoint him because he is mates with SL?

Never give up
CarlD
Club Player

While St. Kilda's management has shown some ineptness over time I struggle with the concept that the Saints would have arranged a new coach without an apparent full formal process and with the existing coach still in place.

We'll see I guess.

Laurie
Club Player

Just over it im afraid as a long time social club member (39years) this decision does not sit comfy with me as again another job for the mates of our hierarchy.
If we are serious about replacing Richo why are we not chasing Clarko or Longmuir both experienced and successful coaches.

My membership will be under review if the appointment of SCOTT is made as our coach.
Our next stop will be Tassie.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

Why are ppl responding to the OP as if it's written in stone?? As if it's even a possibility of happening?? The OP makes zero sense. When in the history of football has a brand new coach from outside the organisation been announced as the new head coach whilst the season is still in progress? Unless the club is going to appoint Al Clarkson then it's political suicide. The club has to be SEEN to going through due process. Clubs don't announce new coaches whilst the season is in progress, they announce caretaker coaches - from within the organisation.

The Saints will have some exhaustive state of the art, best practice, process to appoint their new coach once the season concludes and all candidates can be vetted - and then after 3 years we'll all realise they made a mistake and realise that picking a coaches name out of a hat is just as effective, BUT it won't be done in August. I reckon some of us need to take a breath

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 8:12am According to a friend of mine it will be announced in 3 weeks.

I’m warming to the idea of Brad as our coach - it will piss off plenty of our fans and I’m looking forward to the massive dummy spitting!!

I just wish Richo gets the chop post the Geelong game and it’s not drawn out beyond that.
So if it’s just according to a friend of yours, why post the OP as though it’s fact?

Bruce G McAbee
Club Player

It was reported on 3AW that Brad Scott was thinking of taking a year off from football.

Think of me long enough to make a memory.
Legendary
Club Player

Iron clad guarantee that the St Kilda directors are not the sort of people who make a decision like this without running a proper, open process and doing extensive due diligence.

There is NO chance of this happening. The directors are "cover your backside" people who will not be prepared to stand behind a senior coach appointment without the ability to hide behind a process.

The Board would only go down this path if we were appointing a current premiership coach from another club - unless Clarko or Bevo change their mind, that's not going to occur.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 10:54am It was reported on 3AW that Brad Scott was thinking of taking a year off from football.
The sub-text is: he's going to the Saints.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 8:12am According to a friend of mine it will be announced in 3 weeks.

Well, I for one will be spitting the dummy big time. The guy is an absolute loser, tosser and a thug. FFS, surely we can do better.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 8:52am Maybe Lenny Hayes can be appointed assistant so Brad Scott can fling him into a fence.

A wretched, wretched boy's club decision if true and a line in the sand for me.
Me too mate, me too. A bridge to far for me.

I will be supporting Sandringham if that creep is appointed.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Bruce G McAbee wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 10:54am It was reported on 3AW that Brad Scott was thinking of taking a year off from football.
Maybe he's doing that St Kilda?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

You will have no cred left if it doesn't happen.
Riewoldt said last night on "On The Couch" that he would be incredibly disappointed if they appointed him due to being mates with Lethlean. I think Lethlean wouldnt be so stupid to bypass due process unless he had the complete backing of the board.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
B.M
Saintsational Legend

Predictable

Thought Carlton might grab him, Judd is a fan.

Clarkson, Lyon, Longmire, Beveridge will all be chased, but all are in contract and be unlikely to leave their clubs.

Carlton in particular, will try and lure a big name.

Scott, Shaw, Voss could be in senior jobs next season.

Worsfold May also be replaced.

scallopsroe
Club Player

The Board must first get coaching applications from interested potential applicants. The question is who is available and/or out of contract? Who would have the ability to repair a damaged list, with all its injury issues and a playing list that hasn't been sufficiently disciplined in adhering to on-field match day structures. This why our losses have been very heavy over the past few seasons.
It seems it's either Brad Scott or Voss (if either is capable and willing to take over the coaching role) or another current experienced assistant coach. There's not much else on offer.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I don't understand how he can be considered a worthy senior coach at the moment.

Ten years. TEN YEARS he had a North.

And got them to a single, chocolate coated prelim.

The rest of that decade was mostly coated in shyte.

Why would he even be considered? WHY?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

scallopsroe wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 12:06pm The Board must first get coaching applications from interested potential applicants.

Doubt it.

The club will be approaching people. ie Head hunting.

It is not like a candidate can come in from the blue. They know of everyone that would be suitable.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Sainter_Boy
Club Player

Don't quote me on this and you might not even believe me as I'm not a reputable 'ITK' but I have heard we are going to reassess around round 20 and if port Adelaide is not in finals contention make a play at Michael Voss as the "inner sanctum members" are interested in his skill set however that interest might not be 2 way and he may wish to stay in an assistant coaching role.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

An unsuccessful long-term coach who just got fired is the last person we should be considering. If we actually appoint Scott I may be done with this club for the next few years until he is fired again. Never before in my lifetime has St Kilda been so uninspiring and so incompetent at the same time. Zero leadership from senior players, poor recruiting, poor trading, terrible off field decisions in general and no visible light at the end of the tunnel.

scallopsroe
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 12:23pm
scallopsroe wrote: Tue 09 Jul 2019 12:06pm The Board must first get coaching applications from interested potential applicants.

Doubt it.

The club will be approaching people. ie Head hunting.

It is not like a candidate can come in from the blue. They know of everyone that would be suitable.