Hanna's first win in Saints colours

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Hanna's first win in Saints colours

Love it. Unfortunately, the IG link won't come up atm but he posted a couple of pics of himself getting sprayed with Gatorade in the post game song. The poor bugger had to wait until Rd 21!

s*** he is a good player when fit and playing. Even Gerard Healy made a comment that he looks super fit during the game. I don't know how many noticed also but onfield he is very, very local. When we were on the back foot a couple of times he seemed like he was screaming and demanding everyone lift around him. You could clearly see it on the telly. That is the sort of leadership we have needed onfield. Big time.
Last edited by tedtheodorelogan2018 on Sun 11 Aug 2019 10:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
The Linton Street Flash
Club Player

Re: Hanna's first win in Saints colours

Good old Gerald, he really knows his stuff!

Look again it's the Flash!!
tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

So Healy is clueless? One of the best footballers of all time. Ok....

🙄

Posters that have admitted they were wrong about Hanna's gastro and the club didn't create a cover story.
Total = 1.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

tedtheodorelogan2018 wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 10:22pm So Healy is clueless? One of the best footballers of all time. Ok....

🙄
😂😂😂😂😂

I think you missed the punchline teddy 👍

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

At the game we could definitely hear Hannabury.

Also noticed he used the ball well, he made good choices and his kicking was precise.

He played more of an outside mid or wingman type of role. Didn't see him at any midfield stoppages.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

He hated getting sprayed with Gatorade.
He prefers Coke

In red white and black from 73
Legendary
Club Player

Ross Lyon commented that he could hear Hannebery addressing the St Kilda huddle at three quarter time. From across the ground.

Outstanding game from a great leader.

tedtheodorelogan2018
SS Life Member

Legendary wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 10:26am Ross Lyon commented that he could hear Hannebery addressing the St Kilda huddle at three quarter time. From across the ground.

Amazing. That is why we went and got him. Onfield and overall club leadership from a senior player is priceless.

Total = 1.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:53pm He hated getting sprayed with Gatorade.
He prefers Coke
He played well yesterday, but probably would have dominated in the Canberra conditions Friday night!

In all seriousness, I think his improved fitness was due to shedding a few pounds last week and coming in nice and lean :)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

mr six o'clock wrote: Sun 11 Aug 2019 11:53pm He hated getting sprayed with Gatorade.
He prefers Coke
Your post says a lot about the person who thanked you. Never was a saints supporter imho.

He then followed it up with an equally offensive post. :roll: :roll: :roll:

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

He prefers Coke
s*** post, congrats idiot

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

saynta wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:51am
He prefers Coke
Your post says a lot about the person who thanked you. Never was a saints supporter imho.

He then followed it up with an equally offensive post. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Lighten up Saynta, it made me giggle, try not being so PC all the time :)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saynta
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 11:49am
He prefers Coke
He played well yesterday, but probably would have dominated in the Canberra conditions Friday night!

In all seriousness, I think his improved fitness was due to shedding a few pounds last week and coming in nice and lean :)
Ditto to the sentiments expressed in mad dog's post above. :roll:

Josh Battle
Club Player

They used to say "truth hurts" back when I was a teenager. I think people have stopped saying it because you have to be careful not to hurt people's feelings these days.

The truth about Hannebury is that we know how valuable he can be as a player and a leader...the doubts are only whether his body is still capable of the rigours of AFL at the highest level. If he has changed his ways he might be a good investment

I hope Dan has realised that his reputation hinges on him "pulling his head in" as Simon Lethlean stated early in the season

The scary thing is that the off season is nearly upon us and I'm wondering if Dan can be disciplined enough to stay away from the partying and look after himself. If he doesn't respect his family or if he wants to make fools of the St Kilda officials who recruited him then it's up to him.

saynta
Saintsational Legend

Apart from the crap regularly printed on here as fact, I have never heard anything detrimental said about Dan's personal life or habits.

Without proof, I don't believe it.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 10:26am Ross Lyon commented that he could hear Hannebery addressing the St Kilda huddle at three quarter time. From across the ground.

I saw Hannebery front and centre. Took in every word from Ratten.

Then as Ratten was going off, Hanners called to Ratten and worked through one final play.

The attention to detail was different level. I can't recall a St Kilda player doing that before.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

shanegrambeau
Saintsational Legend

I heard a commentator on Fox say he looks fit. TBH, I thought he still has a bit of pudding and he was definitely blowing hard in the last quarter. All good, however, I wonder if he wouldn’t be in a pre-season like state given his layoffs.

The other thing I wonder about is Fyfe. By playing Jack and Dan (good name for a bourbon) I wonder if team balance was skewed somewhat, resulting in Fyfe running around at will in the second, getting 21 possessions before halftime? I mean what was going on there? Deliberate strategy? Very odd if it was.

You're quite brilliant Shane, yeah..terrific!
Saintmatt
SS Life Member

shanegrambeau wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 1:59pm I heard a commentator on Fox say he looks fit. TBH, I thought he still has a bit of pudding and he was definitely blowing hard in the last quarter. All good, however, I wonder if he wouldn’t be in a pre-season like state given his layoffs.

The other thing I wonder about is Fyfe. By playing Jack and Dan (good name for a bourbon) I wonder if team balance was skewed somewhat, resulting in Fyfe running around at will in the second, getting 21 possessions before halftime? I mean what was going on there? Deliberate strategy? Very odd if it was.
Jack and Dan at their best are entirely different players - one is a pacy outside mid and the other is a contested ball champ. The more like for like is Dan and Seb Ross. I would say Jack played 80% forward and 20% wing/pure midfield. Dan played 90% wing and 10% pure midfield.

Fyfe just demonstrated before half time why he's a complete gun and as good as Jack Steele has been, Fyfe had a ripper first half. Steele really tightened up on him after half time.

Go you red, black & white warriors
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote: Mon 12 Aug 2019 12:01pm
He prefers Coke
s*** post, congrats idiot
Be nice
Mummy and daddy had me tested
My iq is 52
So technically I'm a moron not an idiot.

In red white and black from 73