Post season promises

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Lyon Tamer
Club Player

Post season promises

1. I will not type in a post that I wish ‘Player X’ would just f**k off. It is really nasty. While all players have different levels of ability, they all give everything they have got. You wouldn’t say it to there faces, so typing it just weak.

2. I will not suggest a trade that includes one or two players with no trade value (especially to Gold Coast) and include them as a sweetener. If we, as a team that finished 14th don’t see a future with them, then no other team will either.

3. When commenting on a particular player, I will not just look at their last performance. I will not be as reactionary as a Channel 7 commentator. Depending on his last performance Dunstan is either our next captain or ready for the scrap heap.

4. I will not jump at shadows. Just because a sport’s reporter says ‘Player X’ want to leave or ‘Player Y’ is on the trade table does not make it so. Where is the proof…Where are the quotes? Given that only about 10% (guesstimate) of these whispers turns out to be true, it is not worth the energy.

5. I will not pant like a puppy dog whenever I hear the name Rohan Marshall. He is just made of flesh and bones like you and me.

Amen

barneyboyz
Club Player

Re: Post season promises

Ha ha, understand where you might be coming from, but it is just a forum for people to do just that.

I think many, if not most people on SS are of reasonable age (like myself) and have invested lifetimes of committment and emotion to a club which hasn't had a lot of success.

For me generally speaking, these days I only get angry under two circumstances. One of those is watching my team get reamed, and the other is driving in traffic.

For nearly all of last year and most of this, I couldn't have questioned (hmm???) the team' committment, until the last two weeks

So, if people are pissed-off, I'll be giving them some slack, just a little :wink:

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
SemperFidelis
SS Life Member

Love it. Well done Lyon Tamer!

Always loyal
terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

Lyon Tamer wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 9:26am 1. I will not type in a post that I wish ‘Player X’ would just f**k off. It is really nasty. While all players have different levels of ability, they all give everything they have got. You wouldn’t say it to there faces, so typing it just weak.

2. I will not suggest a trade that includes one or two players with no trade value (especially to Gold Coast) and include them as a sweetener. If we, as a team that finished 14th don’t see a future with them, then no other team will either.

3. When commenting on a particular player, I will not just look at their last performance. I will not be as reactionary as a Channel 7 commentator. Depending on his last performance Dunstan is either our next captain or ready for the scrap heap.

4. I will not jump at shadows. Just because a sport’s reporter says ‘Player X’ want to leave or ‘Player Y’ is on the trade table does not make it so. Where is the proof…Where are the quotes? Given that only about 10% (guesstimate) of these whispers turns out to be true, it is not worth the energy.

5. I will not pant like a puppy dog whenever I hear the name Rohan Marshall. He is just made of flesh and bones like you and me.

Amen
Brilliant especially number 1.

" A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds. Those are the people I want in your hearts."

— Coach Eric Taylor - Friday Night Lights
Lyon Tamer
Club Player

barneyboyz wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 9:52am Ha ha, understand where you might be coming from, but it is just a forum for people to do just that.

I think many, if not most people on SS are of reasonable age (like myself) and have invested lifetimes of committment and emotion to a club which hasn't had a lot of success.

For me generally speaking, these days I only get angry under two circumstances. One of those is watching my team get reamed, and the other is driving in traffic.

For nearly all of last year and most of this, I couldn't have questioned (hmm???) the team' committment, until the last two weeks

So, if people are pissed-off, I'll be giving them some slack, just a little :wink:
True….

Just like all the players, the forumilities invest plenty of emotion and energy into the club, and what better place to let off red, black and white steam then on here!

Better than on letting off steam on the road!

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

terry smith rules wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 10:00am
Lyon Tamer wrote: Tue 27 Aug 2019 9:26am 1. I will not type in a post that I wish ‘Player X’ would just f**k off. It is really nasty. While all players have different levels of ability, they all give everything they have got. You wouldn’t say it to there faces, so typing it just weak.

Amen
Brilliant especially number 1.
Well said, but I suspect the club is keen to move Big Jake because he doesn't give it all he's got.

Yorkeys
Saintsational Legend

1. How about if the player is with another club, like say Ablett or Dangerfield.
2. Don't play poker
3. Ch7 commentators: their confected hysteria, lack of technical knowledge and selective player gushings all highlight how important the invention of the mute button is. Dunstan is unlikely to be our next captain or on the scrap heap but may be banned from kicking for goal. Based on his last game.
4. AFL reporting, it can't be called journalism, has no credibility and should lurk in the shadows. I did jump when JC's trade was mooted though. I thought peering through the gloom of the setting 2019 season there may be some higher level thinking going on at the club. Hope it wasn't just a rat scurrying.
5. I think only half of the comment is entirely correct. Even so I wouldn't be surprised if Rowan has more than flesh and bone going on. Next Marvel Superhero.

Lyon Tamer
Club Player

Yorkeys wrote: Wed 28 Aug 2019 8:03am 1. How about if the player is with another club, like say Ablett or Dangerfield.
It's not only OK....we have a responsibility to do it!

ss1986
Club Player

Pffffffft - re: 1 - If I had Jack Newnes right in front of me, I'd give him an absolute earful about how insipid he is.

Just because someone is better at a particularly skillset, doesn't mean others cannot critique it. By that logic, no AFL coach who was "worse" than their player back in the day could criticise them.