Ratten gets the gig

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ratten gets the gig

saintsRrising wrote: Sun 08 Sep 2019 2:26am
saynta wrote: Sat 07 Sep 2019 8:05pm
Wayne42 wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 8:54pm
desertsaint wrote: Thu 05 Sep 2019 8:39pm well not happy at all. we played safe and continue on the same path.
but he's our coach and gotta wish him all the best in the job and hope he proves us doubters wrong.
no doubt there will be a lot of very frustrated and angry saints fans if he doesn't. he won't be given the same length of grace richo received. this is a team five years in the making, and unrealistic expectation or not, it is time for it to contend.
The team might be 5 years in the making but if you listen to all the Trade talk, it could be one pre season to potentially decimate it.
Spot on.

The worrying thing is too is that if the rumours are true in who we are chasing, is that who we are chasing largely seems to be all over the shop with no real strategy and way too many older players.

I do worry that Lethers thinks that he can swap a few players around and win the flag in 2020.

Hopefully ow that Ratten is officially the coach he can insert a bit more reason into who we are pursuing.
Whilst I don't like Lethlean, no real reason, just the vibe. I believe Ratten's fingerprints will be all over who we trade out and that any we trade in will have his endorsement.

Forget this tearing apart our 5 year build, that was a bust. Let's look at the build from the end of the 2017 season, we are two years in. Let's salvage what we can from the preceding years and sell off the scrap.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote: Sun 08 Sep 2019 10:59am

Whilst I don't like Lethlean, no real reason, just the vibe. I believe Ratten's fingerprints will be all over who we trade out and that any we trade in will have his endorsement.

Forget this tearing apart our 5 year build, that was a bust. Let's look at the build from the end of the 2017 season, we are two years in. Let's salvage what we can from the preceding years and sell off the scrap.
I don't care about our past build at all.

We need to only focus on how to we rebuild from now that will give us the best chance of success.

One thing I can guarantee though is that success will not come from just one year of trades, but from doing things very well over a number of years.

We need to strive for quality, and in particular quality ball users, in the midfield (Which is why Marshall needs to ruck and not Ryder. Pies mainly beats the Cats as they had Grundie).

We have ample depth players we need to find some stars.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Tue 10 Sep 2019 3:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

All makes sense, something our recruiting has failed to do in relation to a plan. Very much a patchwork quilt. I think the bones are there, we just need to flesh it out.

Geelong have no rucks, a one trick forward line, an aging backline and a once were great midfield. All of those areas played to Collingwood's strengths. The Eagles should do a similar number on the Cats but easing up.