I am disgusted!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

I am disgusted!

I was just reading the thread on Jack Steven's trade to Geelong and am absolutely disgusted at some of the comments you all have made in relation to Jack's worth to the club.

Nobody appears to have grasped the real issue here which is Jack's mental health. I'd give him to Geelong for nothing if it was going to aid Jack in his recovery from what is a serious and insidious disease.

You all obviously have very short memories and I'm sure Spud would be turning in his grave at some of your comments.

You are a heartless pack of <edited by mods>

<1 day ban for circumventing the swear filter>

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Re: I am disgusted!

Id be having a go at geelong if I was you, if they paid the right price up front Jack would have made a smooth transition to the Cats to aid his mental problem much sooner.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:05am Id be having a go at geelong if I was you, if they paid the right price up front Jack would have made a smooth transition to the Cats to aid his mental problem much sooner.
If you want to blame anyone blame Richo who refused to let him go a year ago. We would have gained quality for Jack in this case.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Ignorant post and unjustified.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Secret Kiel
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:12am
The Fireman wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:05am Id be having a go at geelong if I was you, if they paid the right price up front Jack would have made a smooth transition to the Cats to aid his mental problem much sooner.
If you want to blame anyone blame Richo who refused to let him go a year ago. We would have gained quality for Jack in this case.
Are you sure? are you suggesting a club like Geelong would have paid more for Jack last year possibly knowing he would hardly take the field in 2019? How did that make him more valuable than what they are paying his year? At least he got on the field at the end of the season to give some indication he might make the field consistently in 2020.

SAINT-LEE
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:00am I was just reading the thread on Jack Steven's trade to Geelong and am absolutely disgusted at some of the comments you all have made in relation to Jack's worth to the club.

Nobody appears to have grasped the real issue here which is Jack's mental health. I'd give him to Geelong for nothing if it was going to aid Jack in his recovery from what is a serious and insidious disease.

You all obviously have very short memories and I'm sure Spud would be turning in his grave at some of your comments.

Ok edited it out. PM from a friend, Thank You. I needed to remember we are moving forward let go of the past, don't be a bitter bastard. Sorry everyone.
Last edited by SAINT-LEE on Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:31am, edited 2 times in total.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Yep 100% correct. They know he will be a crucial part of their midfield yet don't want to saddle up a fair trade.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
ace
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:00am I was just reading the thread on Jack Steven's trade to Geelong and am absolutely disgusted at some of the comments you all have made in relation to Jack's worth to the club.

Hi Chris,
No need to get nasty at us just because our club didn't give your brother our coaching job.
We value Jack Steven highly something you do not.
We see him playing a few more years for us and think even pick 37 from you would be a steal.
But you and I realise that after one year his contract at the saints expires and he becomes a free agent.
If you release Zac Smith to Gold Coast then St Kilda will most likely accept pick 58 from Gold Coast.

But Chris understand we don't like your tantrums.
Finals will never be played on your sardine can.
Geelong could have built a ground fit to play AFL football but your city council insisted the ground be developed in the wrong place.
There was and still is plenty of room further west at Kardinia Park.
Move the ground 60 metres west.
Instead they jammed it up against the road resulting in an oval with no wings and a stand with little depth.
But we understand why.
The people of Geelong are NOT renowned for being very smart.
Last edited by ace on Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:33am, edited 1 time in total.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
stkfc1
Club Player

SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:22am

I don't know how others have spoken.
I have tried to hold my tongue, unsuccessfully at times.

But now that you have brought it up let's do it.

Jack wants to go home. It is under 2 hours to Geelong. He's not from Rwanda. If I live in Dandenong and my family lives in Werribee it's the about the same drive. He is from Lorne.
Get a house in Werribee, you're close to the club and home.

So he wants to leave. The club says no.
His missus wants to be closer to family. Closer than a few hours away.

She spends more time at home, he's alone.

This guy chose to go on drunken bender and shag a man's wife who is connected to our affiliate. No one forced him.
After a nice season of shagging, he gets caught.

Now it's Gary Lyon time. I've betrayed my best friend....I feel so sad, everyone pity me and the club buries the story.

Who is the c@nt here? Who was disloyal to his wife? Who screwed the club?

You take a damn long hard look at yourself.

Want names? Let's do it. I'll post the woman's name on here for anyone to deny....actually no, I won't. I'm angry but I don't want to hurt those innocent parties further.
Can confirm this and Jacks benders are more frequent than people realise. His weight gain isnt from being in a good paddock. I know this as fact.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Disagree. Geelong don’t owe anyone anything.

Right price is subjective. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it wrong.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Agree.

Worst was the unsubstantiated rumours being peddled towards the later pages.

Have you seen a better example of people throwing the toys out of the cot?
Last edited by Spinner on Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:40am, edited 1 time in total.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I think some jets need to be cooled.

Some folk don't want to let him go and it is completely understandable. I was one of them. A fourth round pick and still paying some of his salary is plainly offensive to me.

But I think the club must know one hell of a lot more than anyone on here do to be comfortable letting him go for such a pathetic trade.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

stkfc1 wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:33am
SAINT-LEE wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:22am

I don't know how others have spoken.
I have tried to hold my tongue, unsuccessfully at times.

But now that you have brought it up let's do it.

Jack wants to go home. It is under 2 hours to Geelong. He's not from Rwanda. If I live in Dandenong and my family lives in Werribee it's the about the same drive. He is from Lorne.
Get a house in Werribee, you're close to the club and home.

So he wants to leave. The club says no.
His missus wants to be closer to family. Closer than a few hours away.

She spends more time at home, he's alone.

This guy chose to go on drunken bender and shag a man's wife who is connected to our affiliate. No one forced him.
After a nice season of shagging, he gets caught.

Now it's Gary Lyon time. I've betrayed my best friend....I feel so sad, everyone pity me and the club buries the story.

Who is the c@nt here? Who was disloyal to his wife? Who screwed the club?

You take a damn long hard look at yourself.

Want names? Let's do it. I'll post the woman's name on here for anyone to deny....actually no, I won't. I'm angry but I don't want to hurt those innocent parties further.
Can confirm this and Jacks benders are more frequent than people realise. His weight gain isnt from being in a good paddock. I know this as fact.
Ppl banging on about a nasty rumour doing the rounds on Big Footy are on the wrong track (as far as I know anyway)
These posts are more like it. Sick of all the pity for Jack. His problems are of poor choices he's made. Moving him on now is the right thing to do.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:36am

Right price is subjective. Just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it wrong.
They do if they want a trade that's how trades work.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
ace
Saintsational Legend

I am disgusted.
Can we get this cheater as far away from our club.
Geelong is way too close.
Can we use him in the Hill trade to Freo but Rwanda would be better.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Secret Kiel wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:19am
saintsRrising wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:12am
Are you sure? are you suggesting a club like Geelong would have paid more for Jack last year possibly knowing he would hardly take the field in 2019? How did that make him more valuable than what they are paying his year? At least he got on the field at the end of the season to give some indication he might make the field consistently in 2020.
There were no issues with Jack last trade period.

So there was no "possibly knowing he would hardly take the field in 2019".

Cats were actively chasing Jack last trade period.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:39am
Spinner wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 10:36am

They do if they want a trade that's how trades work.

Has this trade not gone through yet?

How did it get through if not how trades work?
Last edited by Spinner on Wed 16 Oct 2019 11:03am, edited 1 time in total.

shadrock
Club Player

Excuse me if im wrong, but what does going to Geelong have to do with his mental health? Im asking this question genuinely. Does he have access to some kind of support or treatment in Geelong that he wouldnt get an hour away in St Kilda? Because if you are suggesting that playing for a winning football team has some kind of connection to improved mental health, then i think your understanding of mental health problems such as depression is a little shallow.

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

Excuse me if im wrong, but what does going to Geelong have to do with his mental health? Im asking this question genuinely. Does he have access to some kind of support or treatment in Geelong that he wouldnt get an hour away in St Kilda? Because if you are suggesting that playing for a winning football team has some kind of connection to improved mental health, then i think your understanding of mental health problems such as depression is a little shallow.
Oh how very little you know... It is because I have a VERY good understanding on mental health issues that I am posting here in support of Jack. If you had the same understanding as me you would not be posting such drivel. :roll: :roll: :roll:

barneyboyz
Club Player

Well, this turned a bit nasty

I thought he wanted 'out' for similar reasons that the doggies player retired early? and why they then moved the package to the druggies. Which, is the same reason I thought another player (at the Saints) was being talked about for a move (which toned down a bit recently) and which created much grief here

Either way, if you don't want to be at the Saints? then it was nice knowing you, pack your bags and good luck. You are now an opposition target for my ranting and booing (if I did such things, but never at the footy :) )

We really do need to understand that 22 players will take the field each and every game next season, hopefully they all want to beat Jack, Josh and whoever they play for and we get that flag real soon

GO SAINTS

St. Kilda Football Club. Going strong, since 1960 :wink:
shadrock
Club Player

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 11:04am
Oh how very little you know... It is because I have a VERY good understanding on mental health issues that I am posting here in support of Jack. If you had the same understanding as me you would not be posting such drivel. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ok, lets leave the emotion out of this. Please fill me in on how moving from St Kilda to Geelong will help him. Im genuinely curious and unsure.

Saint 58
Club Player

Jack has mental health issues
He wants to go to Geelong
St. Kilda have agreed to trade him to Geelong
He'll be happy there, he'll get fit (Round 1 is about 5+ months away), he'll play good footy for them
Geelong want him, NOT to play in the 2nds, to play in the firsts
All we want is fair value which is now down to pick 37 :?

So Fxxxing pay up or Fxxxing Fxxx off

What you do for others will define your life.
[Football isn't everything ... it's the ONLY thing]
FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

shadrock wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 11:21am
Ok, lets leave the emotion out of this. Please fill me in on how moving from St Kilda to Geelong will help him. Im genuinely curious and unsure.
Because its what he wants... If he believes it will assist his recovery then, despite what anyone else thinks or says, it WILL assist in his recovery.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

FortiusQuoFidelius wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 11:32am
shadrock wrote: Wed 16 Oct 2019 11:21am
Because its what he wants... If he believes it will assist his recovery then, despite what anyone else thinks or says, it WILL assist in his recovery.
Did he ‘want’ the contract he signed with us? Will the $800k we paid him last year to play football assist his recovery?

Seems to me Jack is picking and choosing what he’s happy to walk away from and happy to keep, to help his ‘recovery’

I’m all for mental health being treated properly, but I’m also all for people being held accountable for their own actions.

This whole saga with Jack doesn’t sound genuine to me.

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
goods
Club Player

Jack cheated on his wife. she left him. mental health okay... sure whatever it's called.