Dempster...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Dempster...

Why all the hatred? Why does everybody seem to want him dropped?

To me, he's been a consistent performer this finals series - including a terrific job on Stevie J in the QF. He's been solid, provided some rebound out of defence, and generally had the better of his opponents. Is fully fit, and in the best form of his Saints career so far.

The Saints are coming!
DWOODROW
Club Player

Re: Dempster...

True Blue Sainter wrote:Why all the hatred? Why does everybody seem to want him dropped?

To me, he's been a consistent performer this finals series - including a terrific job on Stevie J in the QF. He's been solid, provided some rebound out of defence, and generally had the better of his opponents. Is fully fit, and in the best form of his Saints career so far.
Not so sure fully fit but he wasn't the worst/ He is constantly played with Lyon showing his faith in him

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

Cost us minimum 2 goals, maybe 3.
Great job on the Gangster though.

OMG
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Injury...don't think anyone wants him dropped.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

OhMyGoddard wrote:Cost us minimum 2 goals, maybe 3.
Amazing username 8-)

Which goals do you think he cost us? (I still haven't watched much of the replay yet)

The Saints are coming!
OhMyGoddard
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
Amazing username 8-)

Which goals do you think he cost us? (I still haven't watched much of the replay yet)
Kicked out on the full when the Gangster slotted the goal from the boundary.
Didn't rush the behind when under pressure on the goal line, gave to BJ who under pressure kicked to O'Brien who slotted from 50.

I think he may have missed tackling Davis when he kicked his.

OMG
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

degruch wrote:Injury...don't think anyone wants him dropped.
What injury is he carrying? Seems to be looking fitter than others like Dal, Grammy etc.

It's just that people seem to always mention his name first (along with Eddy), when suggesting potential players to drop... Think he's doing a great job and we should continue to back him in.

The Saints are coming!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
What injury is he carrying? Seems to be looking fitter than others like Dal, Grammy etc.

It's just that people seem to always mention his name first (along with Eddy), when suggesting potential players to drop... Think he's doing a great job and we should continue to back him in.
Supposedly injured (according to an ABC report, not confirmed), but he did get smashed hard during the game.

Yeah, if he was any higher in profile, he'd be another whipping boy. Some people are pretty small minded when it comes to players that aren't super-human champions.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

No way he should get dropped. Did a superb job on Didak. Yes there were a couple of errors he made - it was a GF FFS people!

Q5
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:

'Reports' he rolled his ankle during the 2nd? quarter...

mordi
Club Player

Ross Lyon's love child.....he aint goin nowhere

What's the Point of it All?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

mordi wrote:Ross Lyon's love child.....he aint goin nowhere
What about the fact he has beaten 3 out of 3 players. Maybe that is helping him be in the side.

mordi
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
What about the fact he has beaten 3 out of 3 players. Maybe that is helping him be in the side.
Well it wouldn't hurt...

Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Exactly - Get off his back people. Actually just read an article from Mark Robinson praising him. How can independent journos see it, but our own supporters want to drag him down and claim his some sort of love child of Ross?

Didak is just about their most dangerous player, and Dempster rended him ineffectual apart from that one tinny goal from the boundary. He's getting a game for a bloody good reason.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Exactly - Get off his back people. Actually just read an article from Mark Robinson praising him. How can independent journos see it, but our own supporters want to drag him down and claim his some sort of love child of Ross?

Didak is just about their most dangerous player, and Dempster rended him ineffectual apart from that one tinny goal from the boundary. He's getting a game for a bloody good reason.
Mate, I saw Dawson play a blinder over here, with two Saints supporters literally boo-ing every move he (and Ray) made...some people never get it. Dempster falls into the same category unfortunately.

OhMyGoddard
Club Player

degruch wrote:
Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Mate, I saw Dawson play a blinder over here, with two Saints supporters literally boo-ing every move he (and Ray) made...some people never get it. Dempster falls into the same category unfortunately.
Why don't people understand that not everyone can be Lenny, BJ or Roo?

Someone has to be our 22nd best player. As long as they play their role and do their best, that is all we can ask!

If players deliberately don't do their best (Leon Davis) then they deserve to be bagged.

All our guys try their guts out - if they aren't good enough then they get dropped. Don't bag them.

OMG
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Every team has its 19th, 20th, 21st and 22nd player. If they were the quality of Lenny and Brendon I think that team would be rather unbeatable. However, these days, and it will get worse in the next few years, these players make errors because they are less skilled than the rest. In my view, our bottom 4 are: Sean Dempster, Andrew McQualter, Robert Eddy and Ben McEvoy (assuming he takes Michael Gardiner's place). The coach is more aware than anyone else of their limitations and it seems that, to ameliorate the worst effects, he had tried to fashion a specific role for these players, and it has been pretty successful. If they then do what he wants within that limited role, they stay in the team.

And, to be honest, the only other player with a hope of getting in is Jarryn Geary. David Armitage is injured as is Raph, and Kingy is past it. Bringing in a newbie (with less than a few games) would be silly.

Three errors cost us the flag on Saturday. About ten errors cost Collingwood. Our task next Saturday is to reduce ours and hope that they at least maintain theirs. Our pressure might see to that.

mordi
Club Player

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I rate him, and the point I was making in a semi-humorous way, is that clearly Ross does as well. Seems to me he is one of the coaches preferred lessor lights. Hence why I think he ain't going anywhere...

Sorry if I was a little cryptic...

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:

Supposedly injured (according to an ABC report, not confirmed), but he did get smashed hard during the game.

Yeah, if he was any higher in profile, he'd be another whipping boy. Some people are pretty small minded when it comes to players that aren't super-human champions.
Are you still going on about that ABC report? I would not be taking any pf those unconfirmed reports seriously. Gilbert is a bigger worry from all reports.

I would be surprised if anyone missed from injury apart from Gardi...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

I can still remember watching the Saints play at the dome and it seemed like half the Saints supporters were canning Goddard. One bloke in particular calling him a "fkn waste of space" over and over.

Some folks wear nice colours and have small brains.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
degruch
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Are you still going on about that ABC report?
Yeah, it's the second time I've mentioned in a post in 3 days...I' just can't stop mentioning it! ABC report, ABC report, ABC report, blueprints, blueprints, blueprints, etc.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Sean has played on Stevie J, Gia, and now Didak so far this finals series....hardly opponents to be sneezed at, and done an amazing job.

I hope he comes up this week, he is fast becoming one of our most important players.

Go Sean! 8-)

Q5
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Sean has played on Stevie J, Gia, and now Didak so far this finals series....hardly opponents to be sneezed at, and done an amazing job.

I hope he comes up this week, he is fast becoming one of our most important players.

Go Sean! 8-)
With you SainerK - I love Seany D!!! Then again, I do have a soft spot for all of our 'maligned' players - love Zac & Kosi too...

bozza1980
Club Player

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Spot on.

Some players can do no wrong others can do no right.

For some supporters Dempster falls into the later category.

It's ridiculous, he's no superstar but is in our best 22 and unless he misses due to injury Dempster will have his second premiership medal next Saturday after playing in his 5th Grand Final, but for a couple of goals it would be medal number 4.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
bozza1980
Club Player

OhMyGoddard wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:
Amazing username 8-)

Kicked out on the full when the Gangster slotted the goal from the boundary.
Didn't rush the behind when under pressure on the goal line, gave to BJ who under pressure kicked to O'Brien who slotted from 50.

I think he may have missed tackling Davis when he kicked his.
Are you kidding?

Goddard turns the ball over, it's Dempsters fault, Dempster misees a tackle, Davis then moves inside 4 players and steps Gram, it's Dempsters fault.

Do you keep track of every error a player makes or just certain players?

How many players have to be involved in a scoring play after dempsters's involvement before it is no longer he's fault.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.