Eddy & Mini

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

58ter
Club Player

leave mini where he is, 10 tackles ,has a defensive role and sets up atacks.
if weren't useful he wouldn't be in the side,

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Lets get fresh legs. Yep young guys who havent played for 5 weeks and never played in a final. That should get us over the line. Ben for MG is the only change IMO.

58ter
Club Player

i'm leaning to rhys , who can generate an X factor, the boy can run quickly double back into the forward zone when we push up and effect a turnover, he can also outreach the filths defence.
with kosi and the blake in the ruck and stanley rotating with kosi up forward this will create a huge prob for milkshake.
big ben is not suited to the quick open type of game imo.

there is no room for sentiment for the gf

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Lets get fresh legs. Yep young guys who havent played for 5 weeks and never played in a final. That should get us over the line. Ben for MG is the only change IMO.
Couldn't agree more!!

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I do highly rate Stanley and expect we will see wonderful things from him but he is not the right fit to come in for this game IMO

As others have said the only likely out will be Gardi and even though its not said and done I would imagine we would see Big Ben in for him.

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
degruch
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Lets get fresh legs. Yep young guys who havent played for 5 weeks and never played in a final. That should get us over the line. Ben for MG is the only change IMO.
Couldn't agree more!!
Alistair Smith? Nicholas Winmar? Connor Harvey? :P

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
Couldn't agree more!!
Connor had an ordinary year at Mt Eliza under 12's. Cant see him coming into the side but I have been wrong before. Smith is a huge chance as is Alistair Smith.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
IluvHarvey wrote:
Couldn't agree more!!
Connor had an ordinary year at Mt Eliza under 12's. Cant see him coming into the side but I have been wrong before. Smith is a huge chance as is Alistair Smith.
Oh the semantics, look, we're talking about the condition of the legs here...specifically there freshness. In the modern game, there's less and less a role for anyone over 14, everyone knows it.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

McQualter did some excellent things. His third quarter was full of hard-bodied efforts. No way he should be dropped.

Eddy? Yes. He had his chance. Geary might not be so clean but he brings 20 possessions and enough toe to make a difference.

Armitage less likely. He's hard and tough but less likely to pick up the numbers and pace isn't his strong suit.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Do NOT require both......

Eddy was completely ignored as a defensive fwd....and Maxwell zoned off him and he did not get dangerous....and he is a very slow decision maker and gets caught out. Both with limited skill, and provide very little offensive output.....one needs to go...Eddy would be under the pump...

replacements could be

Geary....gives back/fwd flexibilty with the same motor
Armitage....can get more dangerous and kicks goals, provides another mid rotation and allow Dal to move fwd, strong tackler also, big body taylor made for GF's
Stanley.....provides a hieght alternative with speed, allows Kosi to ruck more
Miles......Pace
Steven.....speed and offensive ability

DWOODROW
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Do NOT require both......

Eddy was completely ignored as a defensive fwd....and Maxwell zoned off him and he did not get dangerous....and he is a very slow decision maker and gets caught out. Both with limited skill, and provide very little offensive output.....one needs to go...Eddy would be under the pump...

replacements could be

Armitage....can get more dangerous and kicks goals, provides another mid rotation and allow Dal to move fwd, strong tackler also, big body taylor made for GF's
Miles......Pace
+1

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

DWOODROW wrote:
BigMart wrote:Do NOT require both......

replacements could be

Miles......Pace
+1
+2 ^ 10,000,000,000,000

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think this article says a lot. Mini is an absolute certainty. One of the first picked BUT Eddy must be in serious trouble.... his pressure is down. And his disposal and decision making were terrible. He has a habit of handballing to either Saints players feets or to opposition players or to noone in particular. He also seems to be one those players that runs out of space into traffic (as opposed to an NDS who does the opposite).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 5931196794

McQualter was pounded in some quarters for his game on Saturday, being described as a nowhere man who did little.

Well, when the Saints finally get around to having a best-and-fairest vote, he may be high up. Coach Ross Lyon would have loved his work.

McQualter was the No.2 pressure applier on the ground, with 71.1 points.

He even matched the herculean Hayes for physical pressure points awarded for effective tackles, bumps and tackles that impede an opponent but do not stop him getting a disposal away.

Apart from Michael Gardiner, who was crippled by a hamstring injury, the two lowest pressure players on the ground were defenders Ben Reid and Nathan Brown. But their job is to spoil in the air, more than lay tackles on the ground.

Of the smaller players, closer to ground level, Saint Robert Eddy had the lowest pressure score with 11.1.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

I'd bring in Geary - for Gardiner - he's tough, versatile and provides run.

We have a few sore ground level players - so Geary would be handy.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

The regulars will know that I'm far from a Mini fan

I've been calling for him to be dropped for months however Saturday was one of his better performances IMO... if he actually kicked occasional goals he'd be a gem

Eddy had a stinker but has been in decent form. Wouldn't match him up on Maxwell again.

Would love to see Geary or Armo come in. For who I'm not sure. Gram is the guy I'm most concerned about

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:The regulars will know that I'm far from a Mini fan

I've been calling for him to be dropped for months however Saturday was one of his better performances IMO... if he actually kicked occasional goals he'd be a gem

Eddy had a stinker but has been in decent form. Wouldn't match him up on Maxwell again.

Would love to see Geary or Armo come in. For who I'm not sure. Gram is the guy I'm most concerned about
geary will come in i reckon as will mcevoy. we cant rick not having a ruckman. jolly will just kill us.

gram worries me too... clearly playing with a dodgy groin...

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Geary, McEvoy in. Eddy, Gardi out.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:...we cant rick not having a ruckman. jolly will just kill us.
Like last week?

samoht
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:...we cant rick not having a ruckman. jolly will just kill us.
Like last week?
when we had 10 more hit outs !

degruch
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
degruch wrote:
Like last week?
Without a recognised full time ruckman for most of the game.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Like last week?
Imagine Jolly's first half if we went in with two part time ruckmen. He would have killed us. Kosi and Blake were fantastic don't get me wrong, but They rucked when Jolly was tiring. I think Ben has to come in. I honestly believe that Mini will definately keep his place and Eddy is more likely to play than not.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Look Kosi and Blakey were noble. But id still not like the idea of going in with them alone. I havent seen the stats but I was at the game and from where I was watching Jolly seemed to be hitting it down swans throat a hell of a lot in that first half. We need at leat one ruckman.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
samoht wrote:
degruch wrote:
Like last week?
Oi! Grant Thomas. What are you doing on here :-)

samoht
Saintsational Legend

I reckon ruckman are over-rated - apart from Sandilands who clearly directs a few hit outs.

There's only 1 ruckman I recognise... and he plays for the Dockers.

Most hitouts are either misdirected, end up line ball or are shark-able.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
degruch wrote:
samoht wrote:
degruch wrote:
Like last week?
Oi! Grant Thomas. What are you doing on here :-)
:P :lol: