Possible team changes

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
Kris1 wrote:If McEvoy doesn't play and something happens to Kosi or Blake we would be in trouble I would have thought. Can't imagine Ross taking that risk after what happened to Gards?
But what if nothing goes wrong with Kosi and Blake - who are doing just fine in the ruck and we have an extra plodder when we could have done with another ground level player ?

We have a few sore ground level players that may appreciate the extra rotations and also the help the extra ground level player would provide - with chase and pressure.
Samoht. You are the Len Dog of this thread. Never give an inch!! Never given in !! I'm loving your passion. :D

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintjake
Club Player

i think Ross will go with the Kosi/Blake ruck combo
with Stanley as FF and bring Steven in for Eddy.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

1. Gardner Out /McEvoy in = Certainty

2. Gram Out/Miles in = Possibility (just how bad is Grams groin?)

3. Mcqualter Out/Armo Steven in = Long shot

4. Peake Out/Miles in = very long shot

5. Eddy out/Armo Steven in = Possibility

6. Dal Santo out/Armo in - very long shot (just how injured is Dal?)

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Thinline wrote: Samoht. You are the Len Dog of this thread. Never give an inch!! Never given in !! I'm loving your passion. :D
I go against the grain - just being my good/bad cantankerous self.

Everything is debatable - nothing is clearcut and black and white - there has to be a bit of red in there too ... I look for the red.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:gearys a sniff i reckon

with jack a wild card

big boy is an auto obviously
that's how i see it, too, although as samoht says, there are no autos.

if everyone is fit, it may just be Gardiner out; McEvoy in.

DWOODROW
Club Player

Guess we won't really know till Game day

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW, Armo looked good today, was really instense in his training....like he sniffs there is an opportunity. Might not get picked, but I liked his attitude.

DWOODROW
Club Player

SainterK wrote:DWOODROW, Armo looked good today, was really instense in his training....like he sniffs there is an opportunity. Might not get picked, but I liked his attitude.
Very nice to hear but when it comes to Dave and Lyon, I'm not holding my breathe. :shock:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

DWOODROW wrote:Guess we won't really know till Game day
C'mon mate, telllllll ussssssss!
We know that you know..

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
SainterK wrote:DWOODROW, Armo looked good today, was really instense in his training....like he sniffs there is an opportunity. Might not get picked, but I liked his attitude.
Very nice to hear but when it comes to Dave and Lyon, I'm not holding my breathe. :shock:
I don't think it's anything like that DW, I really don't...

His time will come, think they will try to mould another role for him, as he will be waiting in the wings for a while yet if he purely wants to play an inside mid.

I could see him as a defensive forward, great tackler, shown he can play deep and kick some goals. That is why I think he may be a chance this week....even if only a small chance.

DWOODROW
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:Guess we won't really know till Game day
C'mon mate, telllllll ussssssss!
We know that you know..
Absolutely no idea mate. If I did I wouldn't be seeing what the thoughts are on here for possible changes. :)

Not likely there will e many changes tho.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I find myself really hoping for Armo to come in, just have a feeling he can rip this game to shreds.

He's a hard body, and that's what we need I think. Can snag a goal too. I like Eddy, but he didn't seem up to it on the weekend, I'm confident Armo can tackle just as much and provide more in terms of attack.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:I find myself really hoping for Armo to come in, just have a feeling he can rip this game to shreds.

He's a hard body, and that's what we need I think. Can snag a goal too. I like Eddy, but he didn't seem up to it on the weekend, I'm confident Armo can tackle just as much and provide more in terms of attack.
Above all that, he can slip into the midfield if Lenny is getting any close attention....small chance I reckon.

DWOODROW
Club Player

#1GILL wrote:I find myself really hoping for Armo to come in, just have a feeling he can rip this game to shreds.

There's a few in the same boat as you mate but who knows, I certainly don't

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Only thing is, it seems like Ross has Steven infront of him.

I would be going with Armo though, but I'm not Ross Lyon so who knows.

eppo67
Club Player

Same 1GILL l would love to see Armo in as a defensive fwd with some rotations on the ball. Something about him just screams big game player IMO

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

eppo67 wrote:Same 1GILL l would love to see Armo in as a defensive fwd with some rotations on the ball. Something about him just screams big game player IMO
C'mon mate, it's #1Gill, because I'm number 1, we can't leave out the most important bit!

8-)

eppo67
Club Player

Sorry l promises to do better next time #1.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
#1GILL wrote:
SainterK wrote:Actually, Ross mentioned Steven tonight, something along the lines of 'he's up and about again'

I honestly think Ross will lean towards more runners, and we may not see McEvoy in :?

Kosi was great in the ruck, and FC pointed out very well tonight, that we struggled to keep our ball inside 50 before he moved in there. Not sure Ben would give any more mobility than Kosi.

I am actually predicting

Kosi/Blake in the ruck
Gilbert to remain forward (our backline seem to handle this move forward)

Out Gardiner
In Geary
If one week ago you had suggested that Ross would be going into a GF with no fulltime ruckman when he always plays two I would have thought you are crazy.
Now I'm starting to think that maybe you are right.
Crazy huh, he may bring in Ben, but I think he will at least consider the above :shock:

Horses for Courses
Well he'll probably think about it but I'd be stunned if he did any more than that.

It would leave us totally exposed if something was to happen to Kosi, particularly early on (and it's not as if that couldn't happen). I'd hate for Blake to be rucking against Jolly for any length of time, as honest as he is. I don't think Ross would go down a risky, radical path when success is clearly within our grasp without such an approach.

So for me it's got to be Big Mac (likely) or, if he wants more pace, Stanley.

The other possible change could be Eddy out for one of Geary/Armo/Steven.

There may be other changes due to blokes not coming up from last week but really none of us here have any idea about this sort of stuff; we're all just guessing.

So I reckon Gardiner is the only one we can positively say would miss due to injury and Robert Eddy the only one with a chance to miss due to form.

I'll go

OUT: Gardiner, Eddy
IN: McEvoy, Armitage

derby Street
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
DWOODROW I know it's frustrating for you (and probably more so for David)
His time will come - he has just got to grab his chances. And yes not getting extended sequence of games does hurt. I really expect David to blossom next year - I know he can step up .Ross does like extended apprenticeships.

DWOODROW
Club Player

derby Street wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
DWOODROW I know it's frustrating for you (and probably more so for David)
His time will come - he has just got to grab his chances. And yes not getting extended sequence of games does hurt. I really expect David to blossom next year - I know he can step up .Ross does like extended apprenticeships.
Not so frustrating for me mate. I just want to see Dave get the most out of himself. Only time will tell

mohannair
Club Player

DWOODROW, Sorry for my ignorance, are you a close friend of Armo.

If so can you pl. confirm that he will be at the Saints next year & not go to the Gold Cost. I like his attitude & he is one of the best tackler behind Lenny.

DWOODROW
Club Player

mohannair wrote:DWOODROW, Sorry for my ignorance, are you a close friend of Armo.

If so can you pl. confirm that he will be at the Saints next year & not go to the Gold Cost. I like his attitude & he is one of the best tackler behind Lenny.
haha, I can't comment on this as it is between David, his manager and the Saint Kilda football club.
I look forward to having a discussion about it after the GF though.

mohannair
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
mohannair wrote:DWOODROW, Sorry for my ignorance, are you a close friend of Armo.

haha, I can't comment on this as it is between David, his manager and the Saint Kilda football club.
Fair enough & I understand your position.

But are you a close friend of Armo?

DWOODROW
Club Player

mohannair wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:

Fair enough & I understand your position.

But are you a close friend of Armo?
Yeah I know him. He's an alright sort of fella