Suns 2 more players to go

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Suns 2 more players to go

It was mentioned by the Suns that 2 more players would go 1 from collingwood and 1 from the saints.

i assume that it would be Armitage?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Can you quote that from article/interview/announcement?

saint4life
saintnick12
Club Player

Who else from the Saints is still unsigned.
We all expect it to be ARMO. Is there anyone else it could be?

Hadn't heard of any pies players either. Ideas anyone?

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
eppo67
Club Player

I have good source up here who today told me it was Josh Fraser.

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

eppo67 wrote:I have good source up here who today told me it was Josh Fraser.
Seems very plausible.

saintsareprettygoodhey
Club Player

If true 1 from saints, then it will almost certainly be Armitage.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

And McKenna said there were more signings to come for the Suns.

"There is certainly some room to move, and we are actively seeking some players," McKenna said.

"There would be one if not two more fish to come.
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... or-ablett/

Doesn't necessarily mean there is one from the Saints. There are still plenty of relatively high profile players who are yet to sign up with teams that didn't even make the finals (Brent Stanton, Bachar Houli, etc). Or he could be referring to trade week targets such as Jared Brennan.

From Collingwood I would say Fraser is a fair bet, or potentially the bloke they dropped for the Grand Final 1 in Goldsack. Obvious candidates from us are Armitage, Ray and Jones.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:Can you quote that from article/interview/announcement?
this part of it

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 5931867258

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I can confirm that Josh is one of the players.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
chook23 wrote:Can you quote that from article/interview/announcement?
this part of it

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/f ... 5931867258
Where is the reference to Saints and Pies players????????

saint4life
Sam23
SS Life Member

I believe and have heard numerous times that Armitage is as good as gone.

I'd lay a bet on it if i could TBH very confident on him leaving...

Goddard.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:I believe and have heard numerous times that Armitage is as good as gone.

Amazing how I could hear the opposite rumour so strongly, that Armo is too slow and doesn't fit their profile and strategy. They already have Iles, Harris and Stanley. All are bullock strong but lack pace. They want fliers.

Look, no one knows. If he goes he goes. Same for any of the others. What can do?

All the clubs agreed to the rules. We can hardly jump up and down now and expect to be heard.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Ok..if we do lose someone do not be surprsised if it is Ray.

Why?

1/ Suns recruiting guy is Clayton who was at the Dogs when Ray was.

2/ The players that they have taken are all guys that you know can play first 22 and are established. Armo is not established.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 29 Sep 2010 9:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
And McKenna said there were more signings to come for the Suns.

"There is certainly some room to move, and we are actively seeking some players," McKenna said.

"There would be one if not two more fish to come.
http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/artic ... or-ablett/

Doesn't necessarily mean there is one from the Saints. There are still plenty of relatively high profile players who are yet to sign up with teams that didn't even make the finals (Brent Stanton, Bachar Houli, etc). Or he could be referring to trade week targets such as Jared Brennan.

From Collingwood I would say Fraser is a fair bet, or potentially the bloke they dropped for the Grand Final 1 in Goldsack. Obvious candidates from us are Armitage, Ray and Jones.
would love to see us go for houli TBH

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

From the Pies. Cloke has not re-signed yet.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 29 Sep 2010 9:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Ok..if we do lose someone do not be surprsised if it is Ray.

Why?

2/ The players that they have taken are all guys that you know can play first 22 and are established. Armo is not established.
I'd suggest he's closer to what they want than anything we have. In fact I reckon of our uncontracted guys, Armo would be third behind Ray and Jones.

That said I reckon none will go.

Cloke would be more than a possbility. New place away from the spotlight.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
mohannair
Club Player

saintsRrising wrote:Ok..if we do lose someone do not be surprsised if it is Ray.

Why?

Yes could be a real possibility & I had this fear when I did not see him being one of the 14 signed a few weeks ago.

Am not sure whether Jones is signed for next year.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:I believe and have heard numerous times that Armitage is as good as gone.

His brother dropped an interesting line in another thread the other day,I'll try and find it. Reading into you'd say Armo is gone

Bring back the Lockett era
DWOODROW
Club Player

jonesy wrote:

His brother dropped an interesting line in another thread the other day,I'll try and find it. Reading into you'd say Armo is gone
No I havn't given any hints. It will come out soon enough, I imagine.

My personal opinion is i would like to see him go to another club to grow as a footballer and to get some more opportunity, but this is my opinion. Once again it is between David, his manager and St Kilda.

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
jonesy wrote:

My personal opinion is i would like to see him go to another club to grow as a footballer and to get some more opportunity, but this is my opinion. Once again it is between David, his manager and St Kilda.
I'm a reading between the lines kind of person...

You said yesterday

"haha, I can't comment on this as it is between David, his manager and the Saint Kilda football club.
I look forward to having a discussion about it after the GF though."

We all knew GAJ was going with less info than this...

For what it's worth,I want him to stay

Bring back the Lockett era
DWOODROW
Club Player

jonesy wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
jonesy wrote:

You said yesterday

"haha, I can't comment on this as it is between David, his manager and the Saint Kilda football club.

Trust me, there are no lines to read between from me. It is nothing to do with me

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

DWOODROW wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Some people just believe Armo is going "home" to the GC (yes we know it's 1,000 kms from home :roll:).

Someone says something on here and then someone else later on says they've heard something etc etc. But usually that latter something is just the earlier something and so it grows.

Don't worry DWOODROW. If you said you hadn't heard from Dave lately some would think that's because he is tied up in secret negotiations with Guy McKenna and is unable to get to the phone :wink:

Batnoe
Club Player

DWOODROW wrote:
jonesy wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
jonesy wrote:

You said yesterday

Trust me, there are no lines to read between from me. It is nothing to do with me
well i want him to stay, sounds as though by your comments that he isnt and u would say if he was 100 percent staying that you would say that... We had better at least get some compensation!!

If he is going, he better not play this weekend!
Last edited by Batnoe on Wed 29 Sep 2010 10:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carn Saints
DWOODROW
Club Player

Dr Spaceman wrote:
DWOODROW wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Some people just believe Armo is going "home" to the GC (yes we know it's 1,000 kms from home :roll:).

Someone says something on here and then someone else later on says they've heard something etc etc. But usually that latter something is just the earlier something and so it grows.

Don't worry DWOODROW. If you said you hadn't heard from Dave lately some would think that's because he is tied up in secret negotiations with Guy McKenna and is unable to get to the phone :wink:
I would much prefer he was unable to get to the phone cause he was training his butt off and was preparing for something special. :wink:

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

If he goes, we will not get decent compensation as the formula takes into account age, games played and individual honors.

He's been on our list for a few years now, hasn't played a lot of games and has no top 10 B&F finishes, no AA, no Rising Star nominations (From memory) so he is likely to be graded in the bottom band, despite the fact that he has a lot of potential.