Plea to Cheer Squad or lots of fans seated together

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kaos theory
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Hey Gang! Here's something we could work on: (and it WILL require strong hearts! :) ) and that is to keep chanting/cheering CONTINUOUSLY! particularly when the opposition think they may be in the ascendancy!
It will take a MIGHTY effort, but I think we should not even CONSIDER the option of going quiet at ANY stage!!!!!
And Bakesfan! (Paul) I'm privileged to be standing with the troops in the M57 trenches and will be doing my UTTY!!!! to keep our spirits high!
GOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTSGOSAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Strange, no one has mentioned the most obvious chant, which would sound good would be: "ST KIIILLLLLDDAAAAA, ST KIIILLLLLDDAAAAA...."

'sainters' doesn't really have enough syllables to get a rhythm going and to be catchy...

You need somthing simple, with a rythm and to be catchy for it to take hold around the ground...

matrix
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:Hey Gang! Here's something we could work on: (and it WILL require strong hearts! :) ) and that is to keep chanting/cheering CONTINUOUSLY! particularly when the opposition think they may be in the ascendancy!
It will take a MIGHTY effort, but I think we should not even CONSIDER the option of going quiet at ANY stage!!!!!
And Bakesfan! (Paul) I'm privileged to be standing with the troops in the M57 trenches and will be doing my UTTY!!!! to keep our spirits high!
Strange, no one has mentioned the most obvious chant, which would sound good would be: "ST KIIILLLLLDDAAAAA, ST KIIILLLLLDDAAAAA...."

'sainters' doesn't really have enough syllables to get a rhythm going and to be catchy...

You need somthing simple, with a rythm and to be catchy for it to take hold around the ground...

errr
i did
got shot down
our usual chant is good enough i reckon
just need it LOUDER!!!!!
8-) 8-)

kaos theory
Club Player

matrix wrote:
kaos theory wrote:

errr
i did
got shot down
our usual chant is good enough i reckon
just need it LOUDER!!!!!
8-) 8-)
ok..I will follow you this time, when you start it up!

This sort of chant usually works best when we are in front, which wasn't much of that in GF1....

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I think the 'StKilda, clap clap clap' was very effective last week in stopping that moronic banshee cries of the Filth.

I fear a chant without the clapping would make it all sound just like support for the Filth Chant?

The 'clap clap clap' gives us a diferentiating sound to them.

Let's just all give them the 'clap'.

Anybody else notice how 'organized' they were - marshals in every bay initiating/leading the chant?
I wonder if to be a Collingwoooood marshal you need to have at least 3 teeth?

saint1974
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I think the 'StKilda, clap clap clap' was very effective last week in stopping that moronic banshee cries of the Filth.

I fear a chant without the clapping would make it all sound just like support for the Filth Chant?

The 'clap clap clap' gives us a diferentiating sound to them.

Let's just all give them the 'clap'.

Anybody else notice how 'organized' they were - marshals in every bay initiating/leading the chant?
I wonder if to be a Collingwoooood marshal you need to have at least 3 teeth?
+1 Mr Magic
Iwas in standing room M14 and St.Kilda clap clap really drowned the out,it sounded fantastic.
In M3 seats this week and Can't wait to cheer loud and proud!
St.Kilda...St.Kilda....

58ter
Club Player

The SSSSSSSSSaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnttttttttssssssssss
are ccccccccccooooooooooommmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggg

repeat excessively ,

or look up you tube Southhamptons chant of when the saints come marchin in

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Lots & lots of very good ideas but only one that has had the required levels of practice/training;

SKILDA clap clap clap (repeated)

it should be

Jiggster; start jigging

NOW :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

The slow chant was originally used as a put-off.

In baseball, when a hitter was in bad form (a hitting drought) and they were batting in an away game the home crowd start up the slow chant of the batsman's name or the name of the away team in an effort to make the hitter miss the ball and to retire the opposition. When the hitter gets out and the side is retired, the home crowd go bananas.

In English football they have tried to use it differently but as we know soccer is slow and boring.
The effectiveness of the slow chant there is still very debatable ie. what they seek is error from the opposition.

The slow chant is ultimately a counter-productive mechanism when applied to the general speed of Australian Football.
When you have guys like James Gwilt, Sam Fisher and The Blake who can kick the eyes out of a pea the slow chant gets killed-off pretty quickly.
saint1974 wrote: In M3 seats this week and Can't wait to cheer loud and proud!
St.Kilda...St.Kilda....
I'm in M4 and will be the loudest.
The boys respond to 'St Kilda *clap clap clap*!'
It pumps them up. They lift dramatically when they hear it.
When the *clap clap clap* starts they win clearances and kick goals.

saint1974
Club Player

ChicagoSaint wrote:The slow chant was originally used as a put-of

The slow chant is ultimately a counter-productive mechanism when applied to the general speed of Australian Football.
When you have guys like James Gwilt, Sam Fisher and The Blake who can kick the eyes out of a pea the slow chant gets killed-off pretty quickly.
saint1974 wrote: In M3 seats this week and Can't wait to cheer loud and proud!
St.Kilda...St.Kilda....
I'm in M4 and will be the loudest.
The boys respond to 'St Kilda *clap clap clap*!'
It pumps them up. They lift dramatically when they hear it.
When the *clap clap clap* starts they win clearances and kick goals.
Totally agree St.Kilda clap clap,stupid me meant that......!
Absolutely love it St.kilda clap clap we drowned them out l;ast week and lasted longer than there chant.
ST.KILDA CLAP CLAP ST.KILDA CLAP CLAP

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Seven straight bays of Saints !!

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

bump