Ross Lyons speech tonight

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Ross Lyons speech tonight

He should not hold back at all, the 22 who went out their today deserve to have new one ripped into them for that feeble effort and few home truths have to be said.
I don't want to hear or see any back slapping or hey we played in consecutive Grand Final crap.
I want these players to know just how gutted we feel because they let us all down so badly today.
They need to grow a new backbone for next season and any who cannot deliver their best or are just cruising need to be shown the door.
I WANT A PREMIERSHIP, NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

I can see where you are coming from, but we were a couple of bounces from back-to-back flags...

It's going to be one tough off-season, only positive is that the draw makes it shorter.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

No, not tonight. It's different to last year. The review will come soon enough.

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Re: Ross Lyons speech tonight

3rd generation saint wrote:He should not hold back at all, the 22 who went out their today deserve to have new one ripped into them for that feeble effort and few home truths have to be said.
I don't want to hear or see any back slapping or hey we played in consecutive Grand Final crap.
I want these players to know just how gutted we feel because they let us all down so badly today.
They need to grow a new backbone for next season and any who cannot deliver their best or are just cruising need to be shown the door.
I WANT A PREMIERSHIP, NOTHING ELSE WILL DO!
absolutly correct, this year is a failure, no more speeches, premerships are that's all that's acceptable.

I love this club
DWOODROW
Club Player

Pretty sure he did thatr last year. Luke ball said stuff it and won a premiership.

What more does he need to say to get them over the line. He isn't playing

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

Not the time to give them a bake.

Don't know where we go from here.

kalsaint
Club Player

Will he stick to his word?

"I need to know, who's gonna come back as committed, who's gonna work as hard. If you can't do it, come and see me and I'll move you on. And that goes for every player on the list, if you can't give the commitment you gave this year and you don't wanna improve, well you can go. Because we've got unfinished business" - Ross Lyon

Based on 2010 team performance overall and significant games what will change?

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Burkey 1
Club Player

Will be hard for Ross tonight but I keep thinking of the bake Sheeds gave Essendon when they were smashed in '83 and they came back and won in 84 & 85 ( yeah I know showing my age & it's different eras blah blah,) but the point is yes they overcame numerous obstacles this year but they did not get the job done, last week was our moment and we couldn't quite get over the line but good teams find ways to win ala cats last year.

Some hard decisions must be made, Harvs is back and we have a new coaching team so a fresh approach will be good, but Ross and his new team must pull this team apart and make the decisions neccessary to challenge again.

Collingwood got whopped in last years prelim but they made the tough choices and now look at them, we must do the same.

Time for Ross to show how ruthless he can be to continue to push our great club forward. If we don't improve we will be left behind and at times this year I thought we hung on for dear life, we must be more convincing and have potential to blow sides away if we are to taste the ultimate success, God forbid we must take collingwoods style and improve on it again.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:I can see where you are coming from, but we were a couple of bounces from back-to-back flags...

It's going to be one tough off-season, only positive is that the draw makes it shorter.
Do you really think a shorter off season is a good thing for us? If so you have no idea. That's one week less preseason to get into an ageing team.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

This was the year. If we couldnt get up this year forget next year.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
bergsone
SS Life Member

Anyone who thinks players arent guttered too,never played in one

jroberts:)
Club Player

i think they all need to support each other, go on a break, then come back and work on the midfield area, penetration up forward and goal kicking! Think we will see many of our rookies being promoted next year! :x

Club Player

positive attitudes everyone

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

jroberts:) wrote:i think they all need to support each other, go on a break, then come back and work on the midfield area, penetration up forward and goal kicking! Think we will see many of our rookies being promoted next year! :x
We also need to bring in a few new players that have good skill. We need to freshen the team up.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

I doubt he'll be saying he might be "burnt out" just yet

Club Player

clarky449 wrote:
jroberts:) wrote:i think they all need to support each other, go on a break, then come back and work on the midfield area, penetration up forward and goal kicking! Think we will see many of our rookies being promoted next year! :x
We also need to bring in a few new players that have good skill. We need to freshen the team up.
They sure do! I think we may see a few delistings as well!

undecided
Club Player

it was never going to be our day today. the bounce of the ball never seemed to go our way and (from where i was sitting at least) the umpires seemed to be against us. the only problem i have with todays game is the goals we missed.

suss
Club Player

A bit of his speech from the post-match function...

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news ... 16267.html

He's a ripper IMHO. Malthouse has taken 12 years to bring a premiership to Collingwood. Ross has had two massive cracks in just four.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:I can see where you are coming from, but we were a couple of bounces from back-to-back flags...

Do you really think a shorter off season is a good thing for us? If so you have no idea. That's one week less preseason to get into an ageing team.
I agree with you, more talking from the fans point of view with the shorter off-season.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Burkey 1 wrote:Collingwood got whopped in last years prelim but they made the tough choices and now look at them, we must do the same.

Time for Ross to show how ruthless he can be to continue to push our great club forward. If we don't improve we will be left behind and at times this year I thought we hung on for dear life, we must be more convincing and have potential to blow sides away if we are to taste the ultimate success, God forbid we must take collingwoods style and improve on it again.
Great post. I agree with it 100 per cent.