Crowd?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Crowd?

Great too see so many spare seats today at the "people's Grand final".
What was the actual figure in the end,low 90's?

Pathetic. People willing to give there left nut to get in,and failing as it's supposedly sold out. Yet we have thousands of spare seats,disgrace!

What also is a disgrace is the lack of anything the AFL put on today. Kept prices at a premium,yet all we got was Lionel Ritchie...nothing else. Didn't have a Grand final feel to it the day.

An epic fail by the AFL who once again let down the 'people'

Bring back the Lockett era
georgie girl
Club Player

Re: Crowd?

jonesy wrote:Great too see so many spare seats today at the "people's Grand final".
What was the actual figure in the end,low 90's?

Pathetic. People willing to give there left nut to get in,and failing as it's supposedly sold out. Yet we have thousands of spare seats,disgrace!

What also is a disgrace is the lack of anything the AFL put on today. Kept prices at a premium,yet all we got was Lionel Ritchie...nothing else. Didn't have a Grand final feel to it the day.

An epic fail by the AFL who once again let down the 'people'
I think it was 95,000 and yet so many people missed out????

rymax
Club Player

93,853 was the crowd. And most of the empty seats appeared to be (surprise surprise) in the members as usual.

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

yep mcc

p much rest of ground was all full

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

rymax wrote:93,853 was the crowd. And most of the empty seats appeared to be (surprise surprise) in the members as usual.
Thanks for the figure,terrible. So over 6000 people missed out, and thousands of others paid up to 10 times the value of a ticket to get in....yet we had 6000 spare seats in the house. Disgrace.

They obviously knew this yesterday that tickets were down....Then open it up to the public!!!....It is after all 'the people's game'.

Bring back the Lockett era
undecided
Club Player

i would like know how so many feral s got in. seemed like there was at least 60000 of them

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

undecided wrote:i would like know how so many feral s got in. seemed like there was at least 60000 of them
I can't seem to get the image of all those pies fans screaming and all c**k a hoop during the last quarter out of my head.. i ..really.. cant..

god i hate/envy them haha :(

undecided
Club Player

LaUrEnCe wrote:
undecided wrote:i would like know how so many feral s got in. seemed like there was at least 60000 of them
I can't seem to get the image of all those pies fans screaming and all c**k a hoop during the last quarter out of my head.. i ..really.. cant..

god i hate/envy them haha :(
i would also like to know hoe the hell they always end up in the same bay as st kilda members. i was bloody surrounded by them today.

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Heaps of empty seats at the top of the MCC, such a shame really when so many saints fans couldn't get to the game (half their luck in hindsight)

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I also thought it was a disgrace. There were 3 sections with rows of empty seats. At the top of the MCC section and on either side of it. Probably 2000 or so in each, so 4000 non MCC section seats were left vacant. Very disappointing.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.