To all those who left as early as 3/4 time....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SaintDebi wrote:I hope some of those not renewing memberships next year have Social Club.
More chance for some of us who want it to move up the waiting list.
Good point but i bet they'll all renew.....people talk shite when they vent... :lol:

Saints looking like a bottom 4 team in 2024.
saintlarry
Club Player

i watched at aami park, saw it out.
i'd say it was 70% pies fans.
I had high hopes at half time thouh, Tried to find a pass out, asked around, failed. Probably for teh best.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Guilty, left at 3/4 time. I was sitting 2 seats from where the Collingwood allocation started.

By 3/4 time I was sick of hearing the bagging of our players, the looks and standing up and facing us giving us all they could instead of watching the game.

So I left, not normally me, but I just couldn't take any more of it.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
wasoncestkil58
Club Player

yeah most chose not to wear deodarant

Sainter93
Club Player

Stayed until they lifted it up. The most difficult thing I had to take in my life. Still feel like there is nothing inside of me.

Bug

I am disappointed in the supporters leaving any time before the boys left the ground. I know what it's like to be a the G and hear the final siren go, I was there last year. But the players don't just give up at 3/4 time and not come back out on the ground, they stay until the bitter end, so should we.

Aren't we forgetting that we beat 14 other teams to be there today, the boys deserve to be congratulated for that.

Tom_Aus
Club Player

Bug wrote:I am disappointed in the supporters leaving any time before the boys left the ground. I know what it's like to be a the G and hear the final siren go, I was there last year. But the players don't just give up at 3/4 time and not come back out on the ground, they stay until the bitter end, so should we.

Aren't we forgetting that we beat 14 other teams to be there today, the boys deserve to be congratulated for that.
I don't think you can have a go at supporters leaving early. I paid $270 to watch absolute sh*t from the players today. I stayed until the 25 minute mark, as i couldn't bare to listen to the song at the end of the game.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Put my hand up also. I left at the 5 minute mark of the last. It was that or throw up over fellow Sainters. I HAVE NOT and WILL NOT watch that team lift a cup. The media ban began the moment I left the ground and will continue for at least 3-4 months yet. I despise their coach, their captain and their president and to watch them with a cup is not something that I will be EVER watching if I have any say in it!

I stayed right through last year and watched everything. I was upset last year, but nothing to what I feel right now!

Fortius Quo Fidelius
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Tom_Aus wrote:
Bug wrote:I am disappointed in the supporters leaving any time before the boys left the ground. I know what it's like to be a the G and hear the final siren go, I was there last year. But the players don't just give up at 3/4 time and not come back out on the ground, they stay until the bitter end, so should we.

I don't think you can have a go at supporters leaving early. I paid $270 to watch absolute sh*t from the players today. I stayed until the 25 minute mark, as i couldn't bare to listen to the song at the end of the game.
Exactly.

Never understood the moral high ground people take about staying until the end. Scarred enough as it is,let alone to have witness human trash in raptures. The players have there massive pay cheques and perks to fall back on,we supporters have a broken bank balance and broken hearts

Bring back the Lockett era
saintnick12
Club Player

Stayed till the players walked off last year. There weren't many of us left, but I did it. I forced myself to.
Couldn't do it today though
Was too emotional and scared I'd make a right fool of myself to be honest :oops: :oops: :oops: Just wanted to get out of there.
Stupidly, I listened on the radio and watched a bit of the presentation at home. Wanted to see our players, see Roos speech etc.
Can't stand seeing them with the cup.
It cannot continue
We must win next year

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Was actually quite disgusted by the amount of so-called supporters leaving early, considering what the boys gave us last week. And I let it be known to them. This may very well be my last ever game at a live venue, but to me that was the utmost sign of disrespect.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintlarry wrote:i watched at aami park, saw it out.
i'd say it was 70% pies fans.
I had high hopes at half time thouh, Tried to find a pass out, asked around, failed. Probably for teh best.
those passout people are pretty dumb, i went outside at half time and got 4. 1 for me and 3 to give away to people still trying to get in (saints fans)...couldnt find anyone.

but i didnt leave until security dragged me out. i couldnt move, was just sitting there for a good 30 mins after the siren went.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

I stayed until the siren, and left soon after......wasn't about to watch that scum get a cup.

I felt I had to stay...it must be very dispiriting to players to look up and see half the supporters gone.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
Gabba
SS Hall of Fame

Left as soon as the siren went, those 30 minutes were difficult enough, I just couldn't watch the post-match crap...

therabbitinthehat
Club Player

i left halfway through the last quarter. Mainly so I didn't have to hear that horrible song, but also because I had to get to work. Normally I'll stay to the bitter end, but today I just couldn't stomach it.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:Guilty, left at 3/4 time. I was sitting 2 seats from where the Collingwood allocation started.

By 3/4 time I was sick of hearing the bagging of our players, the looks and standing up and facing us giving us all they could instead of watching the game.

So I left, not normally me, but I just couldn't take any more of it.
And why should you? This is supposed to be fun. We're not fighting a world war here. Some of you could do with taking this a little less seriously. There are far better things to do, especially on such a beautiful afternoon/evening, than sit there and watch them them butcher another chance at a flag, while putting up with the trash from the "ferals".
There's more to life.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
saint64
Club Player

Normally I leave right to the end no matter how badly we are getting flogged - and find it somehow therapeutic to do so. Couldn't do it yesterday. Left halfway through the last. I just couldn't see the point. Sorry if that somehow offends others on here.

AP Erebus
Club Player

Yeah.

I left 15min into the last qtr.

I just couldn't stand the noise and the feeling.

Even that 15min was unbearable.

it has been around this time that "Kosi" will headbutt a fence, rip a hamstring or belt someone.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:Was actually quite disgusted by the amount of so-called supporters leaving early, considering what the boys gave us last week. And I let it be known to them. This may very well be my last ever game at a live venue, but to me that was the utmost sign of disrespect.
Good never come back you arrogant piece of s.hit.

I hope everyone who walked out told you to get f##ked and mind your own business.

Who the f@@@k are you to try and control people?

You are like the pr!ck near Flibder St station telling off the young busker for playing the saints song. I walk up to the young bloke, gave him $2 and told him to play what he wanted.

Controlling arseholes who think they have a moral superiority to others like you are the ones I am disgusted with.

You are nothing, you are nobody, and you have no more moral authority than any other supporter.

hey but if bignoting on an internet forum about your superior love of the club and how your quantity of support makes you better (in your puny insecuer eyes) than other supporters, helps your very limited self esteem, good luck to you.

You are a pathetic loser in life and you show it with every post. Go back to the backblocks of WA and never come back.

Cabbage

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Personal choice I reckon. Last year I couldn't bear it as we had come so close, but I stayed until the Norm Smith was won. This year, thankfully I had decent pies supporters around me, I stayed b/c I had to meet my wife who's a collingwood supporter. Put on a brave face for my saints loving daughter, and tried to be happy for my pies loving daughter - but talk about hard work. Have to say though, not one pie fan rubbed it in, apart from one prick who began singing 'Oh When the pies, go marching in.' Right in my face as we walked out of the ground. I was about the only saints fan left for him to heckle. Had my daughter, so just turned at right angles and walked a different direction and didn't even look at him.

Very very hard day at the footy yesterday.

I have left games early before for various reasons, but I just felt I owed it to the boys to hang around yesterday, and still applaud when they did something decent - if for no other reason than to set some sort of example to my daughter, who appears to be suffering depression this morning. :(

Saint Pup
Club Player

I left in the about 15 into the 3rd. Sat outside, listening to the radio and had a few tears. Wish I could have stayed to clap the boys off but just could not do it....

GET UP AND ABOUT SAINTERS!
Winmarvellous
Club Player

I intend to do just that joffaboy. And if they can leave while the boys are still playing and bag the players on their way out I've got every right to bag them back. Cabbage. And don't take the moral high ground on internet posting and self-esteem mate.

St Michele
Club Player

I am actually not sure if I was there I would have stayed... I admire those of you with the fortitude to stay but Collingwood supporters actually scare me when they get that pack mentality going so I think I would have left :-(

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

i do recall about half way through the year we were getting belted by Carlton a few CS members left in the last quarter (Monday night dame) and there were pages and pages on a thread like this absolutely giving it to the cheer squad for leaving early. there is just a few of the quotes on page 1 of the 5 that i had to put up with.
just remember guys, nobody from the cheer squad left early this week.

Sam23
Seriously, supporters leaving full stop is terrible and I know their is other threads around about this, but the cheersquad, the supposed face of our supporting club (not that i agree with this) walks out on the guys who have given us such joy over the past year and a bit.
Saintsfan
Poor effort from a bunch of bogans.
Batnoe
no, they turn up and stay through the s***

part of being a supporter is going through thick and thin, am disappointed at our cheer squad and if i were in Melbourne i would show them how to barrack
Saintsfan
You must be disliked at school with your attitude sunshine? Best you hear it now. Once school finishes nobody is going to want to hang out with you as you are no value to them. They can finally look at you for who you are, a little cheersquad member that is laughed at by all.
stinger
that flowering outrageous.....someone should complain to the club......

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Winmar
Club Player

I haven't left a game early since we got flogged at Kardinia Park in 1989, so forced myself to sit there until the final siren. It's the longest quarter I've ever endured. I don't blame people for leaving early.