ARMITAGE

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Then thing he also needs to do other than get possessions, but he needs to make an impact with those possessions.
As I said, Jack Stevens has had s few possessions, but those three possessions he had against Geelong certainly made an impression didn't they.
The thing Armitage has got over his predecessor is he can kick the ball long ways.
If he can get that possession in the middle of the ground and just get that quick long kick out of the centre, it will make us a much better side.
Look I hope he breaks out next year, I want him to be a good player, anyone who puts on a saint's jumper I want to be successful.
Let's see if he responds to the challenge.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

If Armo was pick 60 then we wouldnt always have threads on him. Because he was a top pick people hope he can play but to be honest there hasnt been many signs. I spoke to him last night and he only wanted a one year contract so that he can move if his opportunities are the same as year. I think that is good because it does put pressure on him to perform.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:If Armo was pick 60 then we wouldnt always have threads on him. Because he was a top pick people hope he can play but to be honest there hasnt been many signs. I spoke to him last night and he only wanted a one year contract so that he can move if his opportunities are the same as year. I think that is good because it does put pressure on him to perform.
I agree. Can't wait to see what he has got to give next year. I think *hope* we may all be surprised.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
vacuous space
SS Life Member

saintjake wrote:AND THE ARGUMENT IS WHAT DO EDDY AND MCQUALTER DO TO HOLD THEIR SPOT OVER GEARY ARMO AND STEVEN FFS
Armo doesn't play a similar role to Eddy and McQualter. When he has been up forward in the last few years, he's struggled. He just isn't as mobile as the smaller players. He might be a better tackler in close, but Eddy and McQualter are better at pressuring the opposition. Has anyone ever seen Armitage run anybody down?

If Armo's going to win a spot, it will have to be in the midfield.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Eddy is one cm shorter and one KG lighter than Armo. Armo is 183cm isn't that pretty small now?

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
vacuous space
SS Life Member

mbogo wrote:Eddy is one cm shorter and one KG lighter than Armo. Armo is 183cm isn't that pretty small now?
Eddy looks physically smaller. I haven't measured them up myself, so I might be wrong. In any case, Eddy appears much more mobile while running around the forward line.

Armo may get his shot now, but I doubt it's at the expense of Eddy or Mini. It's probably the outside guys who would be feeling the most heat from contested ball players.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
undecided
Club Player

saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
Moods wrote:It's time to be honest about Armo - he's been given countless opportunities and has yet seize any of them. Despite his brother's pleas on here, he HAS been given numerous chances even after quiet games and still hasn't come good. Ppl make out Lyon has something against him, I reckon Lyon has something against lazy footballers.

NOt only does Armo have quiet games but he does very little else when he's quiet. His work rate is poor, and often his opponent dominates us. Sorry but this kid is not the answer.

For Armo to succeed anywhere, he needs to get fair dinkum. Eddy, mini, Peake etc will neevr feature in our top 10 best players, but some of the young kids coming through I am hopeful about. Miles, Stanley, Jack Steven, even Tommy Walsh all look prmising I reckon.
What about that game against the Hawks last year when we left out majority of our side.
from memory he got the 3 votes in the brownlow and bally got the 2.
he was dropped the next week.
i think
or if he wasnt dropped he played poorly the next week and was then dropped.
the point people are making is that Eddy and McQ constatly play badly and still get picked.
where as Armo ALTHOUGH HE IS STILL YOUNG may play a good game, a bad game and then BAM he is dropped.
give him a decent run.
As the old saying goes 'you get what you deserve'. Armo has yet to prove anything. One game does not a player make! Did not do much at all prior to being dropped then injured this year.
AND THE ARGUMENT IS WHAT DO EDDY AND MCQUALTER DO TO HOLD THEIR SPOT OVER GEARY ARMO AND STEVEN FFS
eddy an mcqualter play different roles, it quite simple.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Get your facts right, Mini had 334 disposals not 134.

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
saintjake
Club Player

dcstkfc wrote:Get your facts right, Mini had 334 disposals not 134.
Apologies, i wrote his kicks as disposals, thought it looked wrong.

saintjake
Club Player

undecided wrote:
saintjake wrote:
saint75 wrote:
saintjake wrote:
Moods wrote:It's time to be honest about Armo - he's been given countless opportunities and has yet seize any of them. Despite his brother's pleas on here, he HAS been given numerous chances even after quiet games and still hasn't come good. Ppl make out Lyon has something against him, I reckon Lyon has something against lazy footballers.

NOt only does Armo have quiet games but he does very little else when he's quiet. His work rate is poor, and often his opponent dominates us. Sorry but this kid is not the answer.

For Armo to succeed anywhere, he needs to get fair dinkum. Eddy, mini, Peake etc will neevr feature in our top 10 best players, but some of the young kids coming through I am hopeful about. Miles, Stanley, Jack Steven, even Tommy Walsh all look prmising I reckon.
What about that game against the Hawks last year when we left out majority of our side.
from memory he got the 3 votes in the brownlow and bally got the 2.
he was dropped the next week.
i think
or if he wasnt dropped he played poorly the next week and was then dropped.
the point people are making is that Eddy and McQ constatly play badly and still get picked.
where as Armo ALTHOUGH HE IS STILL YOUNG may play a good game, a bad game and then BAM he is dropped.
give him a decent run.
As the old saying goes 'you get what you deserve'. Armo has yet to prove anything. One game does not a player make! Did not do much at all prior to being dropped then injured this year.
AND THE ARGUMENT IS WHAT DO EDDY AND MCQUALTER DO TO HOLD THEIR SPOT OVER GEARY ARMO AND STEVEN FFS
eddy an mcqualter play different roles, it quite simple.
i just want to know why Armo Steven of Geary couldnt be given a go at the role to see if thay can be more effective.