Rock and a Hard Place

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Beej wrote:
CURLY wrote:
Beej wrote:
Thinline wrote:
Beej wrote:
Thinline wrote:Roo's coulda rolled on...

Milne's coulda popped into his arms or done a Leigh Brown...

Sometimes luck is the difference. Undeniable.
Granted, but...

Roo's could have also bounced up allowing Maxwell to gather and clear.

Lenny Hayes' kick could've gone straight out of bounds as it looked like it was originally headed before it bounced on its point taking Ben Johnson, who was in front of Milne, completely out of the equation.

Who's on the receiving end of the bad luck when you look at it that way?
And Breen's coulda done a Warney in 66.

My point is this: both occurred when we were dominating the game. We were creating chances. It's not like they were random events. We were making our luck. Still, wasn't enough. Sometimes you need luck to be rewarded for effort.
No doubt but luck is completely out of their control so it's silly to worry about it.

I prefer to look at things like Farren Ray giving away a 50 or Brett Peake turning it over while entering 50, both resulting in Collingwood goals, as the difference rather than blaming the bounce of the ball. But that's just me.

Both those incidents were controllable.
Were asked to accept these things but at same time cant accept our players being spent????? :roll:
LOL Why are you doing this?

You know for a fact our players were more buggered than Collingwood's, do you?

Can I see the medical reports that you obviously have access to?

All our boys are sore and tired and playing with jabs yet the Pies, with the same break, are magically fit and firing.

Have I just imagined Maxwell wearing strapping on his knee for the last month? Didak's shoulder hasn't been sore at all and Pendlebury didn't hurt his back in GF1? Collingwood were 100% and absolutely at full-strength were they?

I hate to rain on your parade CURLY, but there's a good chance both teams were spent.

Keep your sorry excuses coming though.
Did you not watch the game? Gram Fisher Eddy all gone by half time. Dal Kosi Jones and Bakes all going in at less than 100%.

We know of Didak and Im sure Collingwood and Eddie would be pushing it in all our faces if they were carrying injuries. FFS Eddie made a comment that most blokes would miss 12 monthes off work with Didaks injury. Was our first choice ruckmen playing? I know your pissed but look at the big picture we were spent at half time.

Im still waiting for you to come up with any solutions to any of the problems Ross faced. But then again judging by most of your comments football is somthing you struggle with.
The amount of players who went in at less than 100% would probably surprise you.

Once again, you have no proof of anything. Ross laughed off claims Jones had an broken foot and Dal was apparently moving freely at training according to those who went.

Either way, if you think players are 100% at this time of year you're living in fantasy. Both teams had to deal with knocks.

I don't remember Fisher being gone by half-time, I read he left the field in the third. But I'll give you that anyway, you probably need the extra excuse to convince yourself that we're really the better team.

Tell me this. How do the tired/sore bodies of Jones and Dal prevent the rest of the 22 from playing at a decent level?

Is the entire side instructed to self-destruct when we receive an injury?

I'd like to hear more excuses for why we lost seeing that being out-played by an opposition who stood up to the pressure of a GF better than we did is obviously complete crap.

We've heard injuries and bad bounces. What else have you got?

What about the weather? The amount of cloud cover maybe? The angle of the sun perhaps favored the Collingwood forwards?
Obviously having a serious discussion with someone who clearly has never played football like your self is impossible. If I wanted to start this as an excuse thread I would of listed it as reason why we couldnt win. I simply put on the table what Ross confronted in the two grand finals. Could I just blame Mini Eddy or Ray? Yes I could but at the same time we wouldnt be cheering there names if we won so its pointless. You just want to be negative because it suits you and you have no answers to the issues StKilda confronted. Collingwood played well very well in fact and it would have taken our best to beat them. In all what was on offer before we started was always going to be less than our best.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Beej
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Obviously having a serious discussion with someone who clearly has never played football like your self is impossible. If I wanted to start this as an excuse thread I would of listed it as reason why we couldnt win. I simply put on the table what Ross confronted in the two grand finals. Could I just blame Mini Eddy or Ray? Yes I could but at the same time we wouldnt be cheering there names if we won so its pointless. You just want to be negative because it suits you and you have no answers to the issues StKilda confronted. Collingwood played well very well in fact and it would have taken our best to beat them. In all what was on offer before we started was always going to be less than our best.
How does being negative suit me?

How can you be positive about anything you saw on Saturday?

Get your head out of the sand, stop speculating and realise that we were comprehensively out-played by a side which obviously handled the occasion a lot better than we did, regardless of how it unfolded.

Even if Gram hadn't been knocked out and Eddy hadn't broken an arm, we still would've fluffed our shots on goal and we still would've continuously turned the ball over gifting Collingwood goals from beginning to end. There was nothing Gram or Eddy could've done about that.
In all what was on offer before we started was always going to be less than our best
Again you're trying to make the loss easier to deal with in your own mind by suggesting we were never a chance anyway. It's pathetic.

I understand why you're doing it to yourself. You're doing it because you find it easier to attribute a loss to simple bad luck rather than being comprehensively battered all over the park by the better side.

Try telling the tens of thousands of St Kilda fans who turned up to the game not to expect a good performance.

Come out from your dark little basement in Warburton, rejoin the world and stop hiding from reality.

The sooner you're able to face the facts, as unpleasant as they are, the sooner you'll be able to move on.

We weren't prepared from the outset and stuttered and fumbled our way through an entire grand final.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:
CURLY wrote:Obviously having a serious discussion with someone who clearly has never played football like your self is impossible. If I wanted to start this as an excuse thread I would of listed it as reason why we couldnt win. I simply put on the table what Ross confronted in the two grand finals. Could I just blame Mini Eddy or Ray? Yes I could but at the same time we wouldnt be cheering there names if we won so its pointless. You just want to be negative because it suits you and you have no answers to the issues StKilda confronted. Collingwood played well very well in fact and it would have taken our best to beat them. In all what was on offer before we started was always going to be less than our best.
How does being negative suit me?

How can you be positive about anything you saw on Saturday?

Get your head out of the sand, stop speculating and realise that we were comprehensively out-played by a side which obviously handled the occasion a lot better than we did, regardless of how it unfolded.

Even if Gram hadn't been knocked out and Eddy hadn't broken an arm, we still would've fluffed our shots on goal and we still would've continuously turned the ball over gifting Collingwood goals from beginning to end. There was nothing Gram or Eddy could've done about that.
In all what was on offer before we started was always going to be less than our best
Again you're trying to make the loss easier to deal with in your own mind by suggesting we were never a chance anyway. It's pathetic.

I understand why you're doing it to yourself. You're doing it because you find it easier to attribute a loss to simple bad luck rather than being comprehensively battered all over the park by the better side.

Try telling the tens of thousands of St Kilda fans who turned up to the game not to expect a good performance.

Come out from your dark little basement in Warburton, rejoin the world and stop hiding from reality.

The sooner you're able to face the facts, as unpleasant as they are, the sooner you'll be able to move on.

We weren't prepared from the outset and stuttered and fumbled our way through an entire grand final.

Still waiting for a possible solution for Ross from you. All you've been able to come up with so far is that were no good. Last time I checked sides that arent any good didnt make finals let alone Grand Finals. I pointed out reasons that lead to our down fall you have just basically potted anyone or anything StKilda related. Maybe a good pre season will have you thinking straight again as you cant be that narrow minded all of the time.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL