Hey Stinger!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
markp wrote:So I guess the cleaners at the ground are our best supporters?

I think if you think people are 'gutless' just because they left early, then you are an utter dipshyte.

gutless..eunichs...spineless jelly fish take your pick...they all fit...
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Keep it up dude, get all that rage out of your system.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Stinger comes from the same era as I do, and like me, he would have been present when the best way to describe our team was that it was a laughing stock. In those days if we had won the toss the team would have done a lap of honour.

What we learnt from those days was that you tough it out to the end, no matter how bitter it was.

And we did that wooden spoon after wooden spoon.

That's supporting. Leaving early in a Grand Final isn't.

So endeth the lesson.

credit where credit is due.....good post go...at least you have balls...the now generation and the you owe me a living generaration have either got their balls locked up in their missus' handbags....or their own...that's if they ever had them in the first place..... :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

People have got the whole leaving/staying thing wrong IMO.
Stayers

People who stay aren't hurt by the loss to the same extent as people who leave, which is why they're able to stay.

People who stay are naturally uncompetitive people.

People who stay are more accepting of defeat and failure.

Leavers

People who leave are so hurt they feel they need to leave.

One reason why they leave is because of the frustration of not being able to do anything about what they're seeing.

These people are naturally competitive people.

They find it more difficult to accept defeat due to their competitive nature.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
stinger wrote:
markp wrote:So I guess the cleaners at the ground are our best supporters?

I think if you think people are 'gutless' just because they left early, then you are an utter dipshyte.

gutless..eunichs...spineless jelly fish take your pick...they all fit...
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Keep it up dude, get all that rage out of your system.

at least i don't go around hoping that grown men suck my balls...you pathetic clown....

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Beej wrote:People have got the whole leaving/staying thing wrong IMO.

Leavers

People who don't want to put up with the bad and just want the good.

Soft.

These people are naturally competitive people as long as they are winning.

They find it more easier to run and hide than tough it out.
Edited
Last edited by IluvHarvey on Mon 04 Oct 2010 7:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:People have got the whole leaving/staying thing wrong IMO.
Stayers

People who stay aren't hurt by the loss to the same extent as people who leave, which is why they're able to stay.

People who stay are naturally uncompetitive people.

People who stay are more accepting of defeat and failure.

Leavers

People who leave are so hurt they feel they need to leave.

One reason why they leave is because of the frustration of not being able to do anything about what they're seeing.

These people are naturally competitive people.

They find it more difficult to accept defeat due to their competitive nature.

that's just pure crap....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

if pple want to slink off..so be it.....drag their sorry arses out like a defeated army... giving comfort to the enemy...go right ahead.....not my scene.....the cowards way out....i don't actually give a fat rat's if anyone doesn't agree with me on here....never have...never will.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

How about locking this thread NOW :!:

Posters have had their say and again I have my reasons for leaving with 5 minutes to go, and those reasons are personal.

But there is no reason to have a slagging match on a saints member leaving early, that has not been discussed and discussed and insults fly with posters being banned.

Time for the mods to lock the thread IMO, I don't want a passionate saints member banned, no matter what side of the discussion you agree with.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
mordi
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:How about locking this thread NOW :!:

Posters have had their say and again I have my reasons for leaving with 5 minutes to go, and those reasons are personal.

But there is no reason to have a slagging match on a saints member leaving early, that has not been discussed and discussed and insults fly with posters being banned.

Time for the mods to lock the thread IMO, I don't want a passionate saints member banned, no matter what side of the discussion you agree with.
please don't, I'm sick as a dog at home, and this is the best laugh I've had all day....

What's the Point of it All?
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Stinger you will be happy to know I didnt leave early but I did go to the bar half way through the third quarter and stayed there untill 8pm.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:To put it in short, because obviously you have a short concentration span if you can't find my replies...

I had abusive fans infront of me. They were dropping F's and C's and continually turning around to me during the game. I was sitting next to my mother (and other family members who are Collingwood fans) and told one of them, if they weren't to stop it that I would guarantee they wouldn't see the end of the game.

To save the confrontation, I up and left with my mate so that my family could enjoy the match and not have to sit there listening to the moron go on and on.

When speaking to them when I got home they said they were ready to knock him out too, but he stopped when we had left.

These idiots ruin the game for others, and I will NEVER regret what I did to help my famly experience something I hope to hell one day I get to feel the same.

Wish to continue bagging me now?

i really don't think you get it mate......whilst i feel sorry for what happened to you...you were the author of your own misfortune...for a start you were sitting amongst filth...so what did you expect.....

..i support the saints...am a social club member ..so expect to sit amongst only saints supporters in the main........it was only because of the desertion of the weak gutted few who by leaving their seats allowed the filth that you associate with freely into our area.....me...i would not have a filth supporter in my house...???

Sainterman
Club Player

I was there in the dark old days and still think people have a right to leave. Simple thing called choice. People who left would have had a myriad of reasons, some reeling from the hurt, some numb, some with kids and long sad journeys home ahead.

Great to have you stalwarts out there though, you make your choice to stay and I can respect that. Seems to me you "stayers" are having trouble respecting the "leavers" though.

After 3 Grand Finals in just over 12 months, with this, the third shot going so horribly wrong, and the Collingwood crowd in overdrive I can certainly still respect those many Saints supporters who left, and who would be hurting just as much the "stayers" today.

Not sure how balls even come into the argument.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Sainterman wrote:
Me neither

stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Stinger you will be happy to know I didnt leave early but I did go to the bar half way through the third quarter and stayed there untill 8pm.
for once..i'm not having a go at you mate...i know you are a passionate supporter.....they way the guys played and how they were coached made me want to leave with every bone in my body...but would i do that...no way...i f****** hate filth supporters...each and every one of the low brow scum...but give them more cause to smirk by leaving early....no...unless i was dead and being carried out there was no way i was leaving early...it's not right...as i said before gutless in the extreme...

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Sainterman wrote:I was there in the dark old days and still think people have a right to leave. Simple thing called choice. People who left would have had a myriad of reasons, some reeling from the hurt, some numb, some with kids and long sad journeys home ahead.

Great to have you stalwarts out there though, you make your choice to stay and I can respect that. Seems to me you "stayers" are having trouble respecting the "leavers" though.

After 3 Grand Finals in just over 12 months, with this, the third shot going so horribly wrong, and the Collingwood crowd in overdrive I can certainly still respect those many Saints supporters who left, and who would be hurting just as much the "stayers" today.

my problem is that the leavers gave up their seats in saints only areas and allowed the great drunken unwashed filth to seep into that area...where they abused everyone causing fights....you can blame the lack of attendants who appear to have gone home at 3/4 time...or like me you can blame the ones with little intestinal fortitude...your choice...i know who i hold reasponsibile......it was bad enough having to watch what was going on out on the ground without having to listen to...the constant abuse

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
Sainterman wrote:I was there in the dark old days and still think people have a right to leave. Simple thing called choice. People who left would have had a myriad of reasons, some reeling from the hurt, some numb, some with kids and long sad journeys home ahead.

my problem is that the leavers gave up their seats in saints only areas and allowed the great drunken unwashed filth to seep into that area...where they abused everyone causing fights....you can blame the lack of attendants who appear to have gone home at 3/4 time...or like me you can blame the ones with little intestinal fortitude...your choice...i know who i hold reasponsibile......it was bad enough having to watch what was going on out on the ground without having to listen to...the constant abuse
You didn't happen to be in M50 did you?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
stinger wrote:

You didn't happen to be in M50 did you?

no....m11

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote: i really don't think you get it mate......whilst i feel sorry for what happened to you...you were the author of your own misfortune...for a start you were sitting amongst filth...so what did you expect.....

..i support the saints...am a social club member ..so expect to sit amongst only saints supporters in the main........it was only because of the desertion of the weak gutted few who by leaving their seats allowed the filth that you associate with freely into our area.....me...i would not have a filth supporter in my house...???
FFS...

I sit in the AFL Members. I have club support, so most of the money goes to the club, ON TOP OF THAT I also have a St Kilda Membership with Social Club.

I chose to sit with my friends who are also the same in the AFL members, as well as with my family.

So, my fault that I was surrounded by Collingwood fans? Yeah, go get a life, or use wisely what you have left of yours.

You have just insulted myself and my family, you best tread VERY lightly from now on...

They walk amongst us...