To all those who left as early as 3/4 time....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, truth be known he had a right to be a more than a little upset with some of his teammates efforts :(

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:Pretty sure BJ was gutted. Put his head inside his jumper so no one could see him crying. McEvoy was crying too.
I'm going to resist making a smart-arse comment, but he got a good look at a decent ruckman on Saturday.

Learning experience.

:?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
bigred wrote:No St.Kilda member deserved that effort.

I wouldn't hold it against anyone who bailed before stumps.

This club asks a lot of its members and to be honest, we are often left wanting. For example, I never received my daughters membership pack this year.... Nice one. No explanation..."its in the mail".

Not to mention on field.

Or even all the off field crap, that I continually find myself defending. Time after time. I think that annoys me the most. I f****** hate defending moronic footballers.

So with all that in mind, you front up with the hope they are going to win a premiership finally, and you have that performance rammed down your throat.

Then someone bitches at you for leaving early? Go flog yourself.

And then we all rock up again next year....and do it all over again.

Maybe.
Well put.

No... apparently you had to stay until Roo made his speech, just so other (tougher, harder, more heroic) members didn't have to sit near filth fans (and thus get scared or annoyed by them) as the attendants had all gone... and because the poor players, who couldn't kick more than 1 goal between them in the entire first half, needed to feel loved, on top of the enormous remuneration they received for their 'performance'.

The level of nuffidom required to come to anything like that sort of conclusion is as astounding as it is hilarious.
Indeed! They obviously think they're still in Vietnam, or WW2, or something. For footy to be so important to them that they're prepared to abuse their fellow man like this is sad in the extreme.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
avid
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:I'm not really upset with the ppl leaving per se, but rather the manner in which a lot of them left. I should've been more specific, but had had a few last night. Bagging the players on the way out isn't the way to go. And I stand by that. And I was there for both weeks, so don't bring that tripe up.
Agree.
Everyone has their own way of handling it.
I stayed till the end too -- as my mark of respect and love and loyalty. (Have never left a Saints game before the end in 45 years -- it's what I do.)
If you have to leave early, then that's your own form of suffering.
But leaving early -- and and then getting all self-righteous about it -- well that just seems inappropriate.

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:Pretty sure BJ was gutted. Put his head inside his jumper so no one could see him crying. McEvoy was crying too.
I'm going to resist making a smart-arse comment, but he got a good look at a decent ruckman on Saturday.

Learning experience.

:?
Jolly was dominating finals at a similar age :roll:

http://www.stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/ ... 20914.html

Furtius Quo Rdelious
stinger
Saintsational Legend

lennyandkarl wrote:Leaving before the end is gutless, regardless the circumstances. A lot of my close mates are tigers supporters and I was with them the night geelong took their pants down in 07. They were there to the end, supporting the blokes out there waering the jumper.

as long as they are having a crack they deserve the support from the crowd.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: ..anyone abuse you for saying that...anyway...i agree with you...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Stayed until the final siren but then i burnt rubber getting out of there...

I was well over those farken filth maggots by then.... :roll:

me too mate...

as soon as the siren sounded...all four of us were out of there....would never stay to see that maggot filth celebrate their ill gotten gains....

St Michele
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Also I would love to know the low lifes that sold the ticket the the Fifth supports...

There are some obvious seats within my bay and to the right were then filth were seated.

We sat in row M4 Row H (bearing in mind the cheer squad was sitting in the next bay at M3) and in front of me and to the left the filth were there waving the flags

F*** the posts about leaving 5 min before the game, how about the parasite supporters that are members of the social club and are comfortable with selling their tickets to the opposition.

:?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
THIS

EXACTLY

I asked and was told apparently St Kilda members gave their barcodes to their Collingwood friends!

So while some St Kilda members missed out when the allocation sold out, apparently quite a few members used their barcodes denying genuine St Kilda members a ticket, then gave or sold these to Collingwood supporters or friends!

Agree entirely St Fid, this pissed me off totally!

I must have seen about 100 Collingwood supporters scattered in amongst those 5 St Kilda bays!

Pumping their fists and waving their flags in OUR area, because apparently some St Kilda members sold out their own and denied genuine St Kilda members the opportunity to get a ticket!
lol we don't agree much on here of late, but I am glad you agree on this issue....

I was upset that a poster (who joined in 2004) and has never posted anything in the last couple of years, was allowed to flog "standard seats" for $600 each X 2 ( the face value of a ticket was $161)

I could not believe how this site was willing to allow this poster to allowed to have access to this site in order to gain a profit and become a faceless a gutless person, knowing that he could face a $7000 fine.

This site really needs to look in to being proactive IMO and stop this "grab for cash" approach...

The poster mentioned in his PM that he was not willing to separate the two tickets and wanted $1200 for two "standard seats"...

The word gutless pr1ck comes to my mind and I hope he got cought
This was not a one off post either there were a few making profit during the week not a good look for site at all. :-(

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:I intend to do just that joffaboy. And if they can leave while the boys are still playing and bag the players on their way out I've got every right to bag them back. Cabbage. And don't take the moral high ground on internet posting and self-esteem mate.
don't take any notice of him mate.... :wink: :lol: :lol:

ace
Saintsational Legend

Our boys worked damned hard to get to the first grand final then to fight back for a draw.
Then they went into a second grand final.

Is it too much to ask their so called supporters to stick with them to the end of game.

NO IT IS NOT.

I used my MCC membership to get a reserved seat in the MCC enclosure for myself.
I have a confession, I also used my St Kilda club membership to get another seat.
My sister's first footy match was the 1966 grand final.
In those days club member's could not only get tickets for themselves but for guests.
She went as a guest of her school friend.
She normally spends winter weekends working as a nurse and on soccer mum duties.
I was only able to get her to one home and away game for the season.

The replay grand final fell on her birthday.
I gave her that second ticket.
She stayed while the rest of her row slunk away.
She barracked for the saints for the complete four quarters.

She may not support the club through a club membership.
But she did a better job of supporting our players than many so called supporters who dessert when the team looks like losing.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Our boys worked damned hard to get to the first grand final then to fight back for a draw.

Is it too much to ask their so called supporters to stick with them to the end of game.

NO IT IS NOT.

I used my MCC membership to get a reserved seat in the MCC enclosure for myself.
I have a confession, I also used my St Kilda club membership to get another seat.
In those days club member's could not only get tickets for themselves but for guests.
She normally spends winter weekends working as a nurse and on soccer mum duties.

But she did a better job of supporting our players than many so called supporters who dessert when the team looks like losing.
That is your opinion and I disagree strongly. People can leave early and still be a better supporter than those who stayed. Who are you or anyone else to judge. Say I stayed but kept abusing our players. Does that make me a good supporter. You should stick to you cynicism of all things AFL.

ace
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ace wrote:Our boys worked damned hard to get to the first grand final then to fight back for a draw.

NO IT IS NOT.

That is your opinion and I disagree strongly. People can leave early and still be a better supporter than those who stayed. Who are you or anyone else to judge. Say I stayed but kept abusing our players. Does that make me a good supporter. You should stick to you cynicism of all things AFL.
You will never be a GOOD supporter except of Andrew Demetriou.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

this thread has been going on long enough, everyone just keeps stating their opinion over and over again, Lock it I say.

Its a personal choice what people chose to do, if you don't like, well stiff Cheddar, it happens in every sport around the world

NEXT.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

NO IT IS NOT.

I agree with you P66 (for once) :shock: :shock:

Again members who attended the GF and pay for their membership each and every year are great supporters for the Saints whether they choose to leave early or not.

The members who sold their GF tickets at inflated prices to fellow saints fans AND sold their tickets to Collingwood Fans should be ashamed of themselves.

I just wished I identified the row and seat numbers of those maggot Collingwood Fans that sat 1 and 3 bays from our Cheer Squad, because maybe something maybe done to identify those parasites that sold those tickets

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
starsign
Club Player

saints4ever wrote:I NEVER leave a game early, feel if the boys have to stay, so should I. Stayed till the very end last year..... Geelong streamers, the works..... But today, i just couldn't. I left with about 10mins to go. Anyone else but collingwood.. just could not stay to watch them.... Leaving and hearing the siren I felt sick and decided I couldn't go tomorrow either... But now, home, had a drink, watched a bit of the aftermatch and the players... I think I need to go. Closure if nothing else... I left early today, but will be at Moorabbin tomorrow. Fortius Quo Fidelius

+1 my sentiments and similar actions also
And in retrospect it was sperm of the moment decision! to leave 10 mins to go

just couldnt face the aftermath !

Luke Ball on the dais especially!!I was gutted , went straight to Southern Cross and got on a train 2 days earlier than booked!
And I don't really regret it actually
Was there in "66 so I spose i've got that , but have witnessed all the rest of our debarcles since as well
And this one hurt to the quick!
Haven't lost faith though and will be all guns blazing in 2011!

and bloody hope the bottle is big enough to take another good measure of hurt again for the boys as Roo pleaded last year
And this one should hurt them more I recon after missing on the draw and possibly thinking they could merely turn up the following week and go on from where they left off the week before!

Such is life !! Amen!!

samwell
Club Player

This is an excellent thread..

Just to clarify when is the appropriate time to leave?? Can you sprint for the gate the second the final siren sounds??? Could I even be standing next to the gate for the last 5 mins and then step outside - or do I need to be occupying my seat to be supporting the team? What if I only got standing room?????

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

NO IT IS NOT.

I agree with you P66 (for once) :shock: :shock:

Again members who attended the GF and pay for their membership each and every year are great supporters for the Saints whether they choose to leave early or not.

The members who sold their GF tickets at inflated prices to fellow saints fans AND sold their tickets to Collingwood Fans should be ashamed of themselves.

I just wished I identified the row and seat numbers of those maggot Collingwood Fans that sat 1 and 3 bays from our Cheer Squad, because maybe something maybe done to identify those parasites that sold those tickets
Group sex time....I'm in agreeance with St Fid AND plugger66!

No probs leaving early in a GF vs the Filth when getting hammered, in fact it is the sensible thing to do.....the less time there = less pain and suffering.

I left 20 minutes before the end, but had a 2 hour trip after the game, so I had a good enough excuse, if I needed one.

I am also dead against Collingwood supporters being sold tickets in St Kilda areas. No doubt there are more of them, so a bigger profit can be made selling to Pies fans, but surely there are still enough Saints fans around to make a reasonable profit from instead???

The darkness
Club Player

Maybe someone upon high should have all St Kilda supporters mobile numbers and then kindly text said supporters when the appropriate time to GTFOOT is deemed proper and correct ?
Those that leave early must not then have there phones switched on or just dont give a toss....or maybe they are excercising there right to do what ever the phaark they want to in this glorious country of ours ?
And they can do it the next week if they so desire...dont you love Australia.
People would even have the right to be judgemental and deem these so called supporters whatever the phaark they liked...and then have a beer with them too...I love this place !

derby Street
Club Player

Longwayfromhome wrote:Half time for me.
Never looked like doing anything worthwhile.
Seven memberships this year.
The local scene next year for me.
Had enough.
Want 40 K members next year.
Ain't gonna happen.
So very disappointing. Can't believe it has come to this.
Lost opportunities has killed this club.
God I hate the 'Filfth'.
Not to rapped in St Kilda either.
See you later alligator. You might find this surprising but many supporters will join up again.

As to staying or leaving - each to their own - everyone handles it differently.
I stayed to the siren (made me sick to the guts doing so - but stayed - and then hightailed it outa there)

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

derby Street wrote:
Had enough.
Ain't gonna happen.
God I hate the 'Filfth'.
See you later alligator. You might find this surprising but many supporters will join up again.

I stayed to the siren (made me sick to the guts doing so - but stayed - and then hightailed it outa there)
mate, you are jealous like a few of us on here that he made the correct call at half time, I wish I had!!!

derby Street
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
derby Street wrote:
Had enough.
Ain't gonna happen.
God I hate the 'Filfth'.

mate, you are jealous like a few of us on here that he made the correct call at half time, I wish I had!!!
Nup not at all - as I said each to their own - happy for ppl to leave whenever they feel the need. My comment was about not joining up again in 2011.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:

NO IT IS NOT.

That is your opinion and I disagree strongly. People can leave early and still be a better supporter than those who stayed. Who are you or anyone else to judge.
Exactly. Who the f*** are you? Please tell us, including why we should care in the slightest what you think?
We're all here for different reasons and that's OK, it's a "free country" and I haven't seen anything on an of our membership forms that tells us we're expected to support in any particular way.
You're not better than any of us. You may well be a better "supporter", but then again you may not, but who cares? I sure don't. I haven't been a member of St K for 20 years in a row, or whatever it is, because of the likes of you. Your opinion of me or anyone else means NOTHING.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:
bobmurray wrote:Stayed until the final siren but then i burnt rubber getting out of there...

I was well over those farken filth maggots by then.... :roll:

me too mate...

as soon as the siren sounded...all four of us were out of there....would never stay to see that maggot filth celebrate their ill gotten gains....
So, you abandoned our guys and left them there to "see that maggot filth celebrate their ill gotten gains....", on their own, did you? And you didn't stay to support Nick when he got up to make his speech? Or Brendan, if he won the Norm Smith?
So it's OK to leave when the siren sounds, but before our guys leave the field/get up to speak, but not before the siren sounds. I see.
Hypocrisy anyone? That is hilarious. He did the exact same thing many others did, that he's had a go at, but just a bit later. Classic!

bozza1980
Club Player

Look at the end of the day people have got to do what feels right for them.

I think it is a slight form of masochism but I can't bring myself to leave early, this combined with an unmanly session of bawling like a baby once the siren went, meant I actually didn't leave until the Pies started their victory lap.

Not fun.

So at the end of the day, if someone who has spent up to $275 (or more if they have purchased from scalpers) to attend the event decide they don't want to put themselves through that, well that's their choice and I'm not going to pass any judgement because I have no right.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
mordi
Club Player

can we just run through the arguments one more time, I'm a little confused...

What's the Point of it All?