Trade week talk

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beej
Saintsational Legend

Ricky Dyson, Urquhart, Stanton I would be interested in apart from the obvious ones.

Stanton has plenty of upside (beautiful right foot) but soft. Though, so was Farren Ray until Roo and the boys had a chat to him.

Dyson is relatively young, nice left foot.

Urquhart I was impressed with when I last saw him. Big body, booming kick.

All good foot-skills there.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

SinCitySaint wrote:Unfortunately, the name I am hearing that we are interested in is Leon Davis. If we do trade for him then we may as well give up now as it is all downhillfrom here.
Say it isn't so!

Why would we want to give that mob another chance to have a laugh at our expense??? :shock:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Beej wrote:Ricky Dyson, Urquhart, Stanton I would be interested in apart from the obvious ones.

Stanton has plenty of upside (beautiful right foot) but soft. Though, so was Farren Ray until Roo and the boys had a chat to him.

Dyson is relatively young, nice left foot.

Urquhart I was impressed with when I last saw him. Big body, booming kick.

All good foot-skills there.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/s ... 5934478612

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
SinCitySaint wrote:Unfortunately, the name I am hearing that we are interested in is Leon Davis. If we do trade for him then we may as well give up now as it is all downhillfrom here.
Say it isn't so!

Why would we want to give that mob another chance to have a laugh at our expense??? :shock:
Would be a upgrade on a eddy or mcaulter........

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Davis was AA last year playing as a permanent wingman who can kick goals. He was moved back to the forward pocket this year and struggled. If we could get Davis cheap then he'd be a much, much better player to have on a wing/half forward than Eddy, McQualter or Peake.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Say it isn't so!

In the last 12 months we've had Ball issues, Malthouse/Licuria vs Milne issues, Rooey injured in round 3 vs filth, loss to them in normal season being a definite low point, then the GF debacle - I think the filth have pulled down our pants enough this year.

PLEASE do not even mention L Davis again when considering trades.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/a ... 5934567062

Geelong denied it was interested in Tambling, but sources said St Kilda had a mild interest in him.

Adelaide has made no secret of its desire to lure Tambling and again made it clear with the Tigers yesterday.

saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Not really impressed with any one that we are linked to so far.

If we get Davis, I am going to hibernate throughout the entire football season next year. Someone can wake me up when it is over.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Say it isn't so!

Would be a upgrade on a eddy or mcaulter........
Jack Steven/Geary are upgrades on those 2.

Davis is what 30ish? inconsistent? - we may as well grab Medhurts while we are there....

“Yeah….nah””
goods
Club Player

leon davis haha