In 10 years Kosi has never finished in our top 10

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Re: Time for Kosi to be traded !

ausfatcat wrote:
WinnersOnly wrote:Time for Kosi to be traded - over paid and over rated! I we expect to improve the SAINTS need to make some big calls on their list ! Trade to Suns for a high draft pick or to Carlton straight swap for Jacobs...

1. Wouldn't get a high pick from the suns

2. would get Sam Jacobs for him

So he's not a star so fn what disappointing yes but so fn what he earned his spot in the side and is the best player we currently have for his role. No use trading out player for nothing Kosi would be worth more to us then what any club would be willing to give us for him and we have no one to fill his role (maybe Stanley but didn't do much with the games he had and may need longer time to develop).

Accept it and move on.

But no lets get rid of him because he's overated lol he aint overrated people just expect more from him and they have to get over it he is what he is no more a good ordinary player that everyone wanted to be a A grader.

Montagna had a great season but played crap in the second granny so lets get rid of him, Gilberts had a great year but missed a couple of shots on goal lets get rid of him ect ect.. some people need calm down and think things through.

As for over paid I have no idea how much he is paid and I guess very few here do.
he is too immobile to play Full Forward and couyld only hold down the 2nd ruck position. Why not swap for a player who be our number 1 ruckman for sometime and allow a player like Walsh have a go at Full Forward ! We will not improve unless we take some risks !!!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
bozza1980
Club Player

Re: Time for Kosi to be traded !

ausfatcat wrote:So he's not a star so fn what disappointing yes but so fn what he earned his spot in the side and is the best player we currently have for his role. No use trading out player for nothing Kosi would be worth more to us then what any club would be willing to give us for him and we have no one to fill his role (maybe Stanley but didn't do much with the games he had and may need longer time to develop).

Accept it and move on.

But no lets get rid of him because he's overated lol he aint overrated people just expect more from him and they have to get over it he is what he is no more a good ordinary player that everyone wanted to be a A grader.
Good post.

Yep, he was a number 2 draft pick.

Yep, he looked like he was destined to be a superstar.

No, he isn't a superstar and he isn't going to be.

You don't leave blokes out of your best 22 purely because they didn't live up to extremely high expectation.

He is in our best 22, he shouldn't feel safe because there are players developing beneath him, but for now he has the spot.

12 days ago we drew a Grand Final, we were that bloody close to a flag, now is not the time for throwing the baby out with the bath water, tearing down the foundation or taking a step backwards to take 2 forward.

The outside world can write us off as much as they like but no matter what they write we remain a serious contender, sure we have wounds to lick, but this is a special group and they will again be there when the whips are cracking next year.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Kosi for Andrew Walker and a first rounder?

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:OK a few were injury interrupted
Yeah...

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Should of traded him in 08 when he had value.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Enrico_Misso wrote:OK a few were injury interrupted
Yeah...

8-)

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Moods wrote:
SainterK wrote:The thing I find annoying, is Luke Ball moved on to a side that would fit him in, here we have a guy who tries to fit in wherever he best can for his side....I like that.
I like that post :wink: Very good point. Can't have it both ways. Back in 2008 I said this about Milne - 'he may not be the greatest, but he's ours.' I reckon Milne has improved out of sight in the past 2 years.

Kosi may well never be a superstar, (in fact he won't be) but there's something about him I've always liked. There's something distasteful about 5 threads a month on how crap he is for a 10 year player.
No the point is at the end of '09 when Lyon stood in front of the players, pointed the finger and said if you are not prepared to improve come and have a chat with me and I'll move you on.
Comparing what Ball did, took him on his word and moved on...to a GF
and what JK did in 2010 ... go backwards
well if you like that, you have rocks in your head
Besides if you do believe the line that it is important to have Kosi in our side at FF (where he played all year) Then WHY would you throw that out the window in the GF and play him in the ruck?

Seeya
oakleighboy
Club Player

I say get rid of him
Sack the lazy disappointing clumsy man

eppo67
Club Player

Melbourne stated they are after a back up ruckman & big bodied fwd. to help out Jamar. Hello Kosi we have for our friends at Demon land & we will have a mid sized fwd of yours thanks. Bate will do thankyou.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

share second ruck with gards, either goes down we have big boy
id keep him

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

sunsaint wrote:
Moods wrote:
SainterK wrote:The thing I find annoying, is Luke Ball moved on to a side that would fit him in, here we have a guy who tries to fit in wherever he best can for his side....I like that.
I like that post :wink: Very good point. Can't have it both ways. Back in 2008 I said this about Milne - 'he may not be the greatest, but he's ours.' I reckon Milne has improved out of sight in the past 2 years.

Kosi may well never be a superstar, (in fact he won't be) but there's something about him I've always liked. There's something distasteful about 5 threads a month on how crap he is for a 10 year player.
No the point is at the end of '09 when Lyon stood in front of the players, pointed the finger and said if you are not prepared to improve come and have a chat with me and I'll move you on.
Comparing what Ball did, took him on his word and moved on...to a GF
and what JK did in 2010 ... go backwards
well if you like that, you have rocks in your head
Besides if you do believe the line that it is important to have Kosi in our side at FF (where he played all year) Then WHY would you throw that out the window in the GF and play him in the ruck?
So are you saying that Ksoi didn't want to improve? :roll:

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

eppo67 wrote:Melbourne stated they are after a back up ruckman & big bodied fwd. to help out Jamar. Hello Kosi we have for our friends at Demon land & we will have a mid sized fwd of yours thanks. Bate will do thankyou.

Bate for Kosi? :shock:

Who plays FF?

oakleighboy
Club Player

Sack him
He is lazy and useless
Waste of space

eppo67
Club Player

FFS don't sack him Dees might be hoodwinked into trading something of use for him. They have an overdose of classy mid size Fwds. We can use.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

eppo67 wrote:FFS don't sack him Dees might be hoodwinked into trading something of use for him. They have an overdose of classy mid size Fwds. We can use.
Who??

eppo67
Club Player

Are you kidding? Someone else posted a list about 8 names long. Look and you shall find.