New Linen House facility in Seaford - update and video

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:Could always try for a staged build like geelong have done in the hopes of playing some AFL matches there again.

ATM we have a pretty much guaranteed crowd of around 22k at Etihad, could possibly play 4 matches at Moorabbin (Port, Freo, Gold Coast. West Sydney) and probably not lose any money even if capacity was only 15k for those matches at first

First thing to do would to build some good toilet facilities, which could be replaced (and possibly sold to local councils) as proper stands are built in stages and terraces around the enitre ground with rows of seats, which again would be replaced as the stands are built. Ideally they would use a similar system to Etihad/MCG in that the rows of seats could be removed and installed in the new stands as the they are built saving on costs.

Eventually Hawthorn might pull out of Tasmania and they could also play small drawing matches at Moorabbin.
Even a boutique stadium, built in stages, would cost millions.

I'm pretty sure we don't have that money to spend.

And I'm pretty sure no one else would be prepared to chip in.

Therefore, IMO of course, will never happen.
Im not buying into the moorabbin vs seaford debate thats best left to the locals. (my vote was for Junction Oval/Albert Park lake facilities)
But I am staggered that we are splitting training between the two.
And NOW it seems "we" are going to be playing games there.
Upgrade costs to Moorabbin = $costs that defeat the purpose of moving away in the first place
maintaining two faciltiies = double the $cost
It just does not make any sense

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:go away plaguer66 nobody likes you and nobody cares
Excellent post. My Daughter is 5 and relates well to that post. As I said the wind has had a huge effect on your intellect.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

plugger66 wrote:
Excellent post. My Daughter is 5 and relates well to that post. As I said the wind has had a huge effect on your intellect.
Nah he' s just upset that Oprah is pulling up stumps

Seeya
Ice Wolf
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:Could always try for a staged build like geelong have done in the hopes of playing some AFL matches there again.

ATM we have a pretty much guaranteed crowd of around 22k at Etihad, could possibly play 4 matches at Moorabbin (Port, Freo, Gold Coast. West Sydney) and probably not lose any money even if capacity was only 15k for those matches at first

First thing to do would to build some good toilet facilities, which could be replaced (and possibly sold to local councils) as proper stands are built in stages and terraces around the enitre ground with rows of seats, which again would be replaced as the stands are built. Ideally they would use a similar system to Etihad/MCG in that the rows of seats could be removed and installed in the new stands as the they are built saving on costs.

Eventually Hawthorn might pull out of Tasmania and they could also play small drawing matches at Moorabbin.
Even a boutique stadium, built in stages, would cost millions.

I'm pretty sure we don't have that money to spend.

And I'm pretty sure no one else would be prepared to chip in.

Therefore, IMO of course, will never happen.
Im not buying into the moorabbin vs seaford debate thats best left to the locals. (my vote was for Junction Oval/Albert Park lake facilities)
But I am staggered that we are splitting training between the two.
And NOW it seems "we" are going to be playing games there.
Upgrade costs to Moorabbin = $costs that defeat the purpose of moving away in the first place
maintaining two faciltiies = double the $cost
It just does not make any sense
Playing and Training/Rehab have different requirements, and it is perhaps cheaper to have separate facilities which are tailored to the needs of each.

Note that Hawthorn are also looking to have their closed sessions at Moorabbin, which they likely would not do if we were there full time, and you would think we would be getting some payment for the use of the ground from them.
Last edited by Ice Wolf on Fri 15 Oct 2010 3:35pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

sunsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Nah he' s just upset that Oprah is pulling up stumps
devastated but she's coming down under so everything's sweet,
except that is for plaguer66 and his band of little green men.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:Like I said on the previous page, if you'd care to scroll back Sir,
I'd question the accuracy of the quoted figures on travel time.

1. Because I know for a fact that it takes less time than that quote and,
2. If we all relied on GPS and didn't take into account that things change over time we'd all be stuck in a blogging cave.

I maintain that Seaford to the CBD is approx. 21.5 mins

EDIT:
3. It can be done in 10mins with no respect for the speed limit.
CBD to Seaford cannot be done in 21.5 minutes, It is nearly 40km as the crow flies.
You are talking garbage.
Going via Eastlink and then the Monash i'd say 35 to 40 mins to the CBD
40-55 via the Frankston Fwy and then Nepean

Although you could reach most of the Southern and Eastern suburbs and most of the Peninsula within 30 mins.
'pends what time of day.
don't forget the extra lane on citylink and that flow is in opposite direction.
off-peak Seaford to CBD is under 30mins CBD to Seaford off-peak is approx. an extra 4mins.
it can not be forgotten that one experiences no traffic lights whatsoever.
No traffic lights whatsoever? You've never been there, have you?
is that a rhetorical question?
from seaford (frankston fwy/eastlink/peninsula link) i dont hit a light until montague street south wharf i then turn right go across the river and i'm in docklands.
All in 20 minutes?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

ChicagoSaint wrote:
saintbrat wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:Mentioned at the BnF that they'd like to play a stand-alone VFL team out of Moorabbin.
has been mentioned by the CEO several times over the last few months- including at the rd 22 post game function.

does not need to be AFL level facilities- but how much to make it VFL standard?
fat eddy put some new concrete down at vic park anything is possible. zevs may not like the idea.
but if the suggestion is correct and we get a stand alone then it wouldn't be ZEbs
and given the majority of their training would be at Seaford and only game day at moorabbin?

+ merchandise and Heritage and Gaming-- with associated game day needs - cafe, food outlets and toilets,
have already said closed training and the like of family days likely to be at moorabbin.
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 15 Oct 2010 9:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

To comply with the terms of our lease at Moorabbin, we have to maintain some football presence at Moorabbin.

Most likely some closed training sessions.

Not a hope in hell of it ever becoming an AFL venue again.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
ChicagoSaint
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:Like I said on the previous page, if you'd care to scroll back Sir,
I'd question the accuracy of the quoted figures on travel time.

1. Because I know for a fact that it takes less time than that quote and,
2. If we all relied on GPS and didn't take into account that things change over time we'd all be stuck in a blogging cave.

I maintain that Seaford to the CBD is approx. 21.5 mins

EDIT:
3. It can be done in 10mins with no respect for the speed limit.
CBD to Seaford cannot be done in 21.5 minutes, It is nearly 40km as the crow flies.
You are talking garbage.
Going via Eastlink and then the Monash i'd say 35 to 40 mins to the CBD
40-55 via the Frankston Fwy and then Nepean

Although you could reach most of the Southern and Eastern suburbs and most of the Peninsula within 30 mins.
'pends what time of day.
don't forget the extra lane on citylink and that flow is in opposite direction.
off-peak Seaford to CBD is under 30mins CBD to Seaford off-peak is approx. an extra 4mins.
it can not be forgotten that one experiences no traffic lights whatsoever.
No traffic lights whatsoever? You've never been there, have you?
is that a rhetorical question?
from seaford (frankston fwy/eastlink/peninsula link) i dont hit a light until montague street south wharf i then turn right go across the river and i'm in docklands.
All in 20 minutes?
20mins from Seaford to Docklands yes Sir (if you're in a hurry) and no traffic lights, correct.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, it takes me about 35 minutes from Frankston, but I have 3 traffic lights before I start on the freeway.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
fingers
Saintsational Legend

Google maps says 44 minutes.

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

fingers wrote:Google maps says 44 minutes.
Google maps always overestimates.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

fingers wrote:Google maps says 44 minutes.
Well that will depend on traffic volume.

As I have stated, it takes me about 35 minutes

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

If a player were to live in, say, Beaumaris, which I would think would be typical for a Saints player, how long would it take to drive to Seaford as opposed to, say, the Junction Oval?

Some people are suggesting that travel will be a turn off but depending on each player's circumstances, it may not be too bad.

(I used the Junction Oval as an example as Moorabbin is not an option and the JO appears to be a favourite alternative to Seaford)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:If a player were to live in, say, Beaumaris, which I would think would be typical for a Saints player, how long would it take to drive to Seaford as opposed to, say, the Junction Oval?

Some people are suggesting that travel will be a turn off but depending on each player's circumstances, it may not be too bad.

(I used the Junction Oval as an example as Moorabbin is not an option and the JO appears to be a favourite alternative to Seaford)
Just why do you think the Junction Oval appears to be a favourite alternative???

Is that on the back of some lunatic poster that has stated time and time again the the Club needs to go back to the heart of where we started???

The same poster that stated when GT coached, he cost us THREE matches by not selecting Rix to play???

In any case, I think that Cricket Victoria has some interest or lease on that ground. I maybe wrong, but I think that's why Melbourne had trouble training there in the past

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote: Just why do you think the Junction Oval appears to be a favourite alternative???

Is that on the back of some lunatic poster that has stated time and time again the the Club needs to go back to the heart of where we started???
LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The same poster that stated when GT coached, he cost us THREE matches by not selecting Rix to play???
Excuse me that is factual incorrect!

A lot more than THREE MATCHES for starters and the reason was playing Blake as our first ruck with no numbers behind the ball!

:wink:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
St Fidelius wrote: Just why do you think the Junction Oval appears to be a favourite alternative???

LOL

A lot more than THREE MATCHES for starters and the reason was playing Blake as our first ruck with no numbers behind the ball!

LOL

Ackland was injured for the first match against Freo in 2006 ( round 5) and GT picked Blake as ruck...

He had 20 hitouts against Sandilands 29

Blake also had 14 kicks and 10 handballs compared to Sandilands 5 kicks 3 handballs ....

We lost (in Tasmania) by 1 point...

The rematch he did select Rix and just in case you don't remember...

Rix had 5 hit outs 1 kick and 4 handballs - Sandilands had 34 hit outs 7 kicks and 3 hand balls ...

We lost by 58 points...

RIX SUCKED BIG TIME!!!

And he would never have been the difference between winning a match.

Just tell him that when you two go to bed tonight

:idea:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Tess wrote:Doesn't Docklands have some sort of agreement that no other stadiums be built for x amount of years?
how'd you get on here ...flower off

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:If a player were to live in, say, Beaumaris, which I would think would be typical for a Saints player, how long would it take to drive to Seaford as opposed to, say, the Junction Oval?

Just why do you think the Junction Oval appears to be a favourite alternative???

In any case, I think that Cricket Victoria has some interest or lease on that ground. I maybe wrong, but I think that's why Melbourne had trouble training there in the past

and why we left in the first place ffs.... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

LOL

LOL

Ackland was injured for the first match against Freo in 2006 ( round 5) and GT picked Blake as ruck...

He had 20 hitouts against Sandilands 29

Blake also had 14 kicks and 10 handballs compared to Sandilands 5 kicks 3 handballs ....

We lost (in Tasmania) by 1 point...

The rematch he did select Rix and just in case you don't remember...

Rix had 5 hit outs 1 kick and 4 handballs - Sandilands had 34 hit outs 7 kicks and 3 hand balls ...

We lost by 58 points...

RIX SUCKED BIG TIME!!!

And he would never have been the difference between winning a match.

Just tell him that when you two go to bed tonight

:idea:
No comment as yet....???

Let me explain a few things here...

A couple of return posts ago you mentioned that I was targeting your posts and you stated that you respected the "founder" of this great site in Damien....

If you did/do respect the "founder" of this site, just why did you make a post about your " love child" and GT on here and it was deleted three times???

You posted the "same cut and paste job" on the Carlton Forum (after Damien deleted your post on THREE occasions ...

You then apologised on a Carlton forum...

You state that you respect Damien and not long after he left....

You apologised to an opposition forum, that being Carlton....

You have stated that some of your posts were in joke....

To cut and paste the same topic on THREE occasions on this site and do it on a opposition site is really unacceptable IMO...

But to twist it around and suggest that I have NO respect on the founder of this site is JUST A PLAIN LIE!!!

Your agenda pushing is well known and you Bullshyte is obvious...

You love the limelight, but really you have no substance and are a FAKE and a JOKE...

I would love to see your membership cancelled as you are just destructive and are only on here for your personal satisfaction and not for the Club.

Your self posting about yourself says it all...

Damien should have banned you years ago IMO

You are nothing but destructive, and then turn around and say "it was a joke"

You are not humorous and frankly you are dangerous....

To try and invade a coaches box before a game in an attempt to give GT some so called facts on Rix is NOT acceptable IMO and to turn around and say you were joking is some of your posts does not wash with me.

Oh I have saved many of your posts in Microsoft Word...

So if you need some clarification I will be only too happy to provide :roll:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Typical copper, writing it all down.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Typical copper, writing it all down.
Well is that personal???

Just how was your internet offer of purchasing that St Kilda Tie that you claimed it cost you you less at KMart???

You didn,t reply to those PMs and your claim is just grandstanding IMO..

I make notes in most things I do, and it has served me well....

HAVE YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH KNOWING THE FACTS ????

and jotting them done????

:roll: :roll: :roll:

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Do you have an issue with the Police??

If so how about responding to my PMs :idea:

and leave this assumed vendetta against the police out of the forum :?: :idea:

FWIW I have tried on a few occasions to contact you via PM and you have refused to reply and now you type this crapola
Typical copper, writing it all down.
Just how faceless are you???

I write everything down as a matter of course and I have been doing so for the last 35 years....

If you have a problem with that so be it, but I consider it as protecting my integrity, something you may what to reconsider :idea:

It is not about that at all IMO..

Just what is the remark "Typical Copper" mean???

Is that a personal attack??

and why???
Last edited by St Fidelius on Fri 15 Oct 2010 9:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Children please !

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:Children please !
This sort of thing is why The Beatles broke up :roll: