McKilllop now a Saint

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i thought relgious bigotry between christians in this country was dead ...obviously i'm wrong....the sort of crap sprouted by you e m reminds me of the bigotry i experienced as a youth when a protestant father wouldn't let me take his daughter to a dance at the local catholic hall...simply because i was a catholic.....to me you are beneath contempt....
unreal
:roll:

GOD has spoken and his opinion is the only one with any merit

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

For the record (and the life of this thread) her name is MacKillop

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:I wish people would spend as much time criticising a religion which practices extreme objectification and mistreatment of women, and openly persecutes homosexuals and those of other religions - i.e. Islam.

Ok so Catholics weren't smart enough to figure out that Gallileo was right for a long time - big deal?

At least they don't subject their women to a regime of subservience and strip away their rights (as happens to women in many Muslim countries).

Mary McKillop did more good in the name of Catholicism than anyone who criticises religion has ever done in their entire lives. Standing up to male heirarchy and working tirelessly to establish schools and orphanages surely deserves some respect, rather than the baseless ridicule that is contained in this thread.
Why not give her a medal when she was out there earning one. Seems a little bit silly (ie F**KING LUDICROUS) to spend millions upon millions to let a few cranks have a party when the person you're celebrating is as dead as my Uncle Frank...

Religion. Silly.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

is someone able to post Mark Knight's cartoon from today's herald Sun. He has Mary MacKillop dressed in a Saints jumper.

I'm begining to think she's going to be the only way we'll win a flag, and I'm 100% heathen, but hell I'll try anything by having a little shrine with this cartoon.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:is someone able to post Mark Knight's cartoon from today's herald Sun. He has Mary MacKillop dressed in a Saints jumper.

I'm begining to think she's going to be the only way we'll win a flag, and I'm 100% heathen, but hell I'll try anything by having a little shrine with this cartoon.
Try this one :D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/gal ... 082?page=1

zebraman
Club Player

ChicagoSaint
Club Player

cheers doc

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
stinger wrote:i thought relgious bigotry between christians in this country was dead ...obviously i'm wrong....the sort of crap sprouted by you e m reminds me of the bigotry i experienced as a youth when a protestant father wouldn't let me take his daughter to a dance at the local catholic hall...simply because i was a catholic.....to me you are beneath contempt....
unreal

not at all......there is no place for religious bigotry.....which i might add is a breach of state and federal laws...on the footy forum fence sitter....that real enough for you... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
matrix wrote:
unreal

not at all......there is no place for religious bigotry.....which i might add is a breach of state and federal laws...on the footy forum fence sitter....that real enough for you... :roll: :roll:
How's the rarefied air up there on your horse, Stinger?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:My grandfather grew up in a Catholic run orphanage....

Rarely liked to talk about his experiences, but Catholicism has a very, very dark side.

i don'y deny that....only a fool would.....but i went to st michaels school ashburton as a small child...got taught by the nuns....then the brothers at de la salle college malvern......was an alter boy at st michaels church until my early teens.....used to mow the church lawn even......never saw or heard of any abuse...apart from the odd cuts from the brothers and the cane from the nuns....the nuns still run a hospital near where i live and i have had several operations at a well known and well run catholic hospital in the city... they run the biggest school system in australia .the good that the church does far outweighs the bad

.... pple might be having fun putting sh!t on my faith in this thread , but i find it offensive

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
stinger wrote:
matrix wrote:
unreal

see the post under yours.....i don't have a problem with most of the posters on this thread...i find that cartoon funny even....but outright bigotry is against the law in this country...

since when has it been not okay to defend ones beliefs.....so f*** you... :roll:

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

In God-dard we trust

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Thinline wrote:
stinger wrote:
matrix wrote:
unreal

see the post under yours.....i don't have a problem with most of the posters on this thread...i find that cartoon funny even....but outright bigotry is against the law in this country...

since when has it been not okay to defend ones beliefs.....so f*** you... :roll:
So you clearly equate 'different opinion to mine' with 'bigotry'.

The great hiding place of the religious.

"Don't believe in fairy tales? Well clearly you're a bigot then."

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:Mary McKillop did more good in the name of Catholicism than anyone who criticises religion has ever done in their entire lives. Standing up to male heirarchy and working tirelessly to establish schools and orphanages surely deserves some respect, rather than the baseless ridicule that is contained in this thread.
Yes she was a humanitarian, and was a great champion of the poor. She undoubtable deserved her catholic Oscar for a BOG performance.

Young men and women who have been schooled under the Josephite Order through the catholic systems are taught very sound values, regardless of the religious aspect.

However, to get the catholic Oscar for doing magic tricks is ridiculous, when you consider she could have solved world hunger and cured all known diseases and still wouldn't have become a Saint.

Is David Copperfield a catholic, if so, he would be a shoo-in for Sainthood with all his magic tricks.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:.... pple might be having fun putting sh!t on my faith in this thread , but i find it offensive
Good, because you are the most offensive hypocrite oin this forum.

How many commandments do you break with you hate filled diatribes at women for example.

As for the bloke who wouldn't let you defile his daughter, seems like a very sensible bloke.

It' isn't your religion that people hate or rail at, it is the arch hypocrites like you who definately doesn't practice what they propose to preach.

Mary Mackillop would turn in her grave to think you represent her faith :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
stinger wrote:
Thinline wrote:
stinger wrote:
matrix wrote:
unreal

So you clearly equate 'different opinion to mine' with 'bigotry'.

The great hiding place of the religious.

"Don't believe in fairy tales? Well clearly you're a bigot then."
ZING!!!

You have got the hypocrites number Thinline.

EXACTLY.

He is a disgrace.

Lance or James??

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Mary Mackillop would turn in her grave to think you represent her faith :roll: :roll: :roll:
What, she's in a grave! :shock:

Did we know this before we signed her?

I bet it was that bloody James Hird again with his character references! :wink:

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
stinger wrote:.... pple might be having fun putting sh!t on my faith in this thread , but i find it offensive

How many commandments do you break with you hate filled diatribes at women for example.

As for the bloke who wouldn't let you defile his daughter, seems like a very sensible bloke.

It' isn't your religion that people hate or rail at, it is the arch hypocrites like you who definately doesn't practice what they propose to preach.

Mary Mackillop would turn in her grave to think you represent her faith :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dead?

Not really.

She's having a wow of a time atop a fluffy white cloud listening to all those angels playing harp while she watches god keep an eye on the financial journals as he figures out a way to maximise earnings from all that Vatican gold...

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:

I'm not sure that hate-filled diatribes against women actually break any of the commandments...

ThePunter
Club Player

Hate-filled diatribes would be sinful, but then again Joffaboy believes in very little, so everything is cream cheese.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

These guys have nailed it...

http://thingsboganslike.wordpress.com/

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Brisvegas saint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

I'm not sure that hate-filled diatribes against women actually break any of the commandments...
So you take love thy neighbour literally?

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:She's having a wow of a time atop a fluffy white cloud listening to all those angels playing harp while she watches god keep an eye on the financial journals as he figures out a way to maximise earnings from all that Vatican gold...
Ahhh the Vatican...head office and epicentre of the vast wealth of Corporate Catholicism....

meanwhile millions of believers live on subsistance earnings......

Lance or James??

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Brisvegas saint wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

So you take love thy neighbour literally?
Which one's that, then?

Unless you're getting it confused with not bearing false witness against your neighbour, and not covetting your neighbour's wife and other property.

PeckettofChips
Club Player

I think Collingwood covetted us! :wink: