Since 2004...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Since 2004...

We have only missed out on finals football once. In 2007, the then newly appointed coach, Ross Lyon, fell short of a finals birth mainly due to the fact he was testing the water for a good chunk of that season.

- 3 Grand Finals (you include the re-match)
- Falling short of GF's in 3 Preliminary Finals.

Since 2004 we have witnessed one of the most successful periods in the club's history.

Sure, no premiership (as yet) to show for it but the critics have failed in not recognising something important. They simply choose to ignore the fact that this has been a remarkable turnaround by a club which has a notorious history for its "losing culture"?

STICK IT UP EM, SAINTS!

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
saintlee
Club Player

Yes, this is all true, however the media and opposition supporters won't take notice until we win another flag. Until that happens, we still suffer from the "losing culture" tag....

snowdelisaint
Club Player

Same could be said of the western bulldogs.

PeckettofChips
Club Player

Re: Since 2004...

Sainternist wrote:We have only missed out on finals football once. In 2007, the then newly appointed coach, Ross Lyon, fell short of a finals birth mainly due to the fact he was testing the water for a good chunk of that season.

Since 2004 we have witnessed one of the most successful periods in the club's history.

Sure, no premiership (as yet) to show for it but the critics have failed in not recognising something important. They simply choose to ignore the fact that this has been a remarkable turnaround by a club which has a notorious history for its "losing culture"?

STICK IT UP EM, SAINTS!
You are beginning to sound like a Collingwood supporter......or at least a Collingwood supporter pre 2010. :cry:

Nick - Saints Man
Club Player

And that is a bad thing how? The Pies won it this year. Logically, we will win it next year!

What the team needs to do is resist the temptation to do anything which might cause us to lose a game.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 19 Oct 2010 11:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

5 prelims in 7 years. 40 wins from 49 games.
2009 and 2010 were 2 of the 5 best years ever by the St.Kilda FC.
Thanks for all your efforts Saints.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

PeckettofChips wrote:You are beginning to sound like a Collingwood supporter......or at least a Collingwood supporter pre 2010. :cry:
now you have crossed line here. please, take it back!

i cannot bare the thought of being compared to a filth supporter :?

Nick - Saints Man
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:
Nick - Saints Man wrote:And that is a bad thing how? The Pies won it this year. Logically, we will win it next year!
Who's we?
St Kilda, der :roll:

Keep the faith brothers

Brisvegas saint
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:
PeckettofChips wrote:You are beginning to sound like a Collingwood supporter......or at least a Collingwood supporter pre 2010. :cry:

Or even 'bear' the thought?

/pedant

PeckettofChips
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:

I just dont want to sound like those whinging packs of dogs.

I want tot say we were successful because we won, not because we got close but failed!

PeckettofChips
Club Player

Nick - Saints Man wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
Nick - Saints Man wrote:And that is a bad thing how? The Pies won it this year. Logically, we will win it next year!
Who's we?

Keep the faith brothers
That is not what you have said over at Nicks Bulletin Board.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

PeckettofChips wrote:
Sainternist wrote:

I just dont want to sound like those whinging packs of dogs.

I want tot say we were successful because we won, not because we got close but failed!
No worries.

But there is someone who has posted this thread who is a real a C*llingw**d supporter.

That's right, folks. We have a filthy troll on the forum.

But relax. I'm pretty confident the mods will thoughtfully dispose of the garbage :)
Last edited by Sainternist on Mon 18 Oct 2010 4:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

What the team needs to do is resist the temptation to do anything which might cause us to lose a game.
So, why is your halo so crooked? Hmmmmm...

PeckettofChips
Club Player

The dopes can smell our pain over here and are circling like a school of sharks.

They may need to review their own history first.

It will take us another 21 Grand Final losses to equal their illustrious record. They can have it!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Nick - Saints Man wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
Who's we?

Keep the faith brothers
Piss off and die troll.

Go back to your hovell where you belong.

Farewel!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Brisvegas saint
Club Player

PeckettofChips wrote:The dopes can smell our pain over here and are circling like a school of sharks.

They may need to review their own history first.

It will take us another 21 Grand Final losses to equal their illustrious record. They can have it!
Hell yes. The Colliwobbles aren't dead. An amazing history of fail.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Sainternist wrote:We have only missed out on finals football once. In 2007, the then newly appointed coach, Ross Lyon, fell short of a finals birth mainly due to the fact he was testing the water for a good chunk of that season.

STICK IT UP EM, SAINTS!
We have done nothing and deserve no credit. We are here to win premierships surely! IF YOU DON'T FINISH FIRST, YOU ARE LAST!

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:

STICK IT UP EM, SAINTS!
We have done nothing and deserve no credit. We are here to win premierships surely! IF YOU DON'T FINISH FIRST, YOU ARE LAST!

And there I was thinking the wooden spoon was for the team that came 16th...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

STICK IT UP EM, SAINTS!
mate, don't get me wrong, i am just as frustrated as the next st.kilda supporter about the chances missed in recent years.

i just feel the club has come leaps and bounds since 2004.

i don't know about you but i'd like to keep a little optimism here.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Thinline wrote:

STICK IT UP EM, SAINTS!

And there I was thinking the wooden spoon was for the team that came 16th...
Obviously it isn't meant to be taken literally but i am sure you understand my point. Successful clubs don't sit there satisfied and patting themselves on the back over coming second two years in a row and coming 3rd or 4th in other years...I know it is better than we have done, but can any of you really take solace out of that? As I said and I will repeat success in this game is judged on premierships surely and anything other than that is no time to be telling ourselves how great we have been, we have achieved nothing, we need flags to rid ourselves of the losers club tag...simple as that. Premierships equal success anything else is failure in my view and unless you think like that we will never win anything. I just hope the players don't think like some of you do and are patting themselves on the back or we all may aswell just give it away now...

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 19 Oct 2010 11:17pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

That is pretty much the point I was trying to make, AOK.

Cheers.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 19 Oct 2010 11:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeckettofChips
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:Win 2 silver medals in consecutive Olympics - you're a champ... NOT a loser.
Other wise why have the 2nd and 3rd medals?
Why have 3 drivers with 3 bottles of champers post F1 race?

The difference between 1st and 2nd is minuscule compared with those who come 9th. Sure we're looking to win the bloody thing, but at the same time, its OK to highlight and enjoy what we have achieved. Read my sig.

Imagine.... "wow mum I won a silver medal"... "really son, how pathetic, call me when you win the gold and not before.... click."
Oh, so you mean that Collingwood are champs for finishing runners up 25 times.

See where that thinking gets you?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I'd much prefer first, but I'll have second if I that's all I can have.

Seems logical.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'