Pressure What is The Most Important Type

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

winthatflag

Pressure What is The Most Important Type

SCOREBOARD PRESSURE I believe and 1 goal in a half in a grand final means you lose.

We need Nick to do what his cousin is doing kick bags of goals what use is running 2 marathons and scoring 2 goals.

We have to SCORE more full stop instead of dominating a game for 3 quarters and leading by 20 points we should be 60 points up for that amount of domination.

It makes me sick to hear someone like Lucas from Essendon say I wish we played St.Kilda every week our record against them has been shocking. Why not tagging Watson gets 40 touches every time he plays us and a lack of PACE over the ground.

Miles, Stanley, Geary, Armitage, Steven and Walsh need to be played.

Middo
Club Player

Re: Pressure What is The Most Important Type

winthatflag wrote:SCOREBOARD PRESSURE I believe and 1 goal in a half in a grand final means you lose.

We need Nick to do what his cousin is doing kick bags of goals what use is running 2 marathons and scoring 2 goals.

We have to SCORE more full stop instead of dominating a game for 3 quarters and leading by 20 points we should be 60 points up for that amount of domination.

It makes me sick to hear someone like Lucas from Essendon say I wish we played St.Kilda every week our record against them has been shocking. Why not tagging Watson gets 40 touches every time he plays us and a lack of PACE over the ground.

Hmmmmm Brizvegas ... :?:

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:Hmmmmm Brizvegas ... :?:
Even if he's a filth troll he is correct.

It is the area where we must improve to win it.

winthatflag

What a Site

If you have an opinion that doesnt see everything through rose coloured glasses you are a filth troll. Bloody unreal!!!!!!!!!!

Constructive opinion and or comment should always be welcomed we can always improve you dont have to take it on board but sometimes you can gain from it.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Our first two picks are before Collingwoods first pick. Lets hope we can get a couple of good ones. A couple of pacy inside mids are my preference at this stage.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

winthatflag wrote:SCOREBOARD PRESSURE I believe and 1 goal in a half in a grand final means you lose.

I'm with you…
I've been gunned down for saying similar too,
Holding on and closing out games is not good enough to consistently beat teams who are getting 50, 60 inside 50's.
The only time we seem to put the foot down is when we are 4 goals down, or playing an undermanned opposition.

Less role-players, more play-makers,
Geary gets caught a bit, but at least he takes the game on, there are too many players in our side that the opposition would be more than happy when the ball is in their hands… blake, dawson, baker, jones, eddy, mcqualter, mcevoy, kosi, peake
I love all these blokes, but seriously, 9 guys who do not use the ball effectively? (don't throw dis eff% at me)
Most opposition clubs would not be worried if any of those guys had the ball… It means that the other 9 guys out there have increased focus and pressure.
More power, less dour.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

In my view, barometric closely followed by that being felt by the investigating officers in the Beams case from the hollow men lurking in the shadow of fat Ed.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:Less role-players, more play-makers.
Yep. Fewer negators ... more creators.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:In my view, barometric closely followed by that being felt by the investigating officers in the Beams case from the hollow men lurking in the shadow of fat Ed.
Wow, that's good, just need a jazz cigarette and a double bass to accompany.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I also think tyre pressure is important.

I'm on fire today.

Groan....

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Saintersss
Club Player

So wait... we are meant to score goals???

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I also think tyre pressure is important.

I'm on fire today.

Groan....
Hang your head in shame Thinline

spert
Saintsational Legend

The best pressure? Win the ball and make your opponent chase YOU.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Thinline wrote:I also think tyre pressure is important.

I'm on fire today.

Groan....
Hang your head in shame Thinline
Horrible, I know...

asiu
Saintsational Legend

................................................................................... Image

........................... scoreboard.

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

dragit wrote:

I'm with you…
Holding on and closing out games is not good enough to consistently beat teams who are getting 50, 60 inside 50's.
The only time we seem to put the foot down is when we are 4 goals down, or playing an undermanned opposition.

Geary gets caught a bit, but at least he takes the game on, there are too many players in our side that the opposition would be more than happy when the ball is in their hands… blake, dawson, baker, jones, eddy, mcqualter, mcevoy, kosi, peake
I love all these blokes, but seriously, 9 guys who d wio not use the ball effectively? (don't throw dis eff% at me)
Most opposition clubs would not be worried if any of those guys had the ball… It means that the other 9 guys out there have increased focus and pressure.
More power, less dour.
Great post agree completely with the more power less dour! Couldn't have said it better. To really spell it out with the 9 players that the other side wouldn't mind having the ball in there hands well that says it all. Every side needs there harder edged dour players who do a job but maybe 4 to 5 would be enough. Also the fact that we have too many defensive forwards and all they do is tackle, we are effectively losing a third of our forward line. They have to be abe to kicks goals first and then focus on defence second. It is simple if the forward is kicking goals the defender will have to man up and will be less inclined to run off.
As much as I think Ross Lyon is a great coach by getting what is mostly a team of good ordinary players with a half a dozen superstars to two consecutive Grand finals, we need more goals. We never made a Grand Final under Grant Thomas but we seemed to really, really smash teams when we dominated for as much as we can these days for games and only be up by a few goals. I am not saying I want GT back, i don't because RL has been way, way better, but 15 goals a game next year and the flag could be ours.
I always thought the best defensive team wins the flag and we have been the best defensive team for the past two years and have just missed out, that will not change, but time to get a forward line that kicks goals and the midfielders to break the lines and kick goals also.

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

R. Harvey 3 votes! wrote:
dragit wrote:

I'm with you…

I love all these blokes, but seriously, 9 guys who d wio not use the ball effectively? (don't throw dis eff% at me)
More power, less dour.
Great post agree completely with the more power less dour! Couldn't have said it better. To really spell it out with the 9 players that the other side wouldn't mind having the ball in there hands well that says it all. Every side needs there harder edged dour players who do a job but maybe 4 to 5 would be enough. Also the fact that we have too many defensive forwards and all they do is tackle, we are effectively losing a third of our forward line. They have to be abe to kicks goals first and then focus on defence second. It is simple if the forward is kicking goals the defender will have to man up and will be less inclined to run off.
As much as I think Ross Lyon is a great coach by getting what is mostly a team of good ordinary players with a half a dozen superstars to two consecutive Grand finals, we need more goals. We never made a Grand Final under Grant Thomas but we seemed to really, really smash teams when we dominated for as much as we can these days for games and only be up by a few goals. I am not saying I want GT back, i don't because RL has been way, way better, but 15 goals a game next year and the flag could be ours.
I always thought the best defensive team wins the flag and we have been the best defensive team for the past two years and have just missed out, that will not change, but time to get a forward line that kicks goals and the midfielders to break the lines and kick goals also.
id argue Pies were better defensively this than us ...(yes, yes I know we had 50 pts scored against) but Im talking about defensive pressure also across the whole ground....check the Pies goals from turn overs....they defend AND score.

In our position its not IMHO just about "more goals" - thatd always be nice....its also about where/how we get those goals....aka IF we continue to over-rely on Nick Riewoldt...then come the business end of the year dont be suprised if we fall over again...its to predictable and easy to stop.

More goals from mids is also important to give us flexibility.

“Yeah….nah””
bozza1980
Club Player

winthatflag wrote:It makes me sick to hear someone like Lucas from Essendon say I wish we played St.Kilda every week our record against them has been shocking. Why not tagging Watson gets 40 touches every time he plays us and a lack of PACE over the ground.
Who cares if Essendon beat us?? Obviously I'd prefer if they didn't, but who cares if a team has their Grand Final against us while we go on and play in the big stuff and they are on their end of season trip??

At the end of the day, in the last two years we have lost 3 games against the top 6 from this season, I would probably lean towards the game plan that stands up in these games rather than worrying about what stands up against a team that never looked like making finals this year and lost their only final by a 100 last year.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
bozza1980
Club Player

Teflon wrote: In our position its not IMHO just about "more goals" - thatd always be nice....its also about where/how we get those goals....aka IF we continue to over-rely on Nick Riewoldt...then come the business end of the year dont be suprised if we fall over again...its to predictable and easy to stop.

Predictable and easy to stop, we've been in front in time on in the last two seasons Grand Final. In the last two seasons we've lost 3 games against this years top 6.

Yep we've been beaten, but that is far from the description of a team who's system is easy to stop.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
Teflon wrote: In our position its not IMHO just about "more goals" - thatd always be nice....its also about where/how we get those goals....aka IF we continue to over-rely on Nick Riewoldt...then come the business end of the year dont be suprised if we fall over again...its to predictable and easy to stop.

Predictable and easy to stop, we've been in front in time on in the last two seasons Grand Final. In the last two seasons we've lost 3 games against this years top 6.

Yep we've been beaten, but that is far from the description of a team who's system is easy to stop.
Whether we like it or not winning on that 1 day is ALL this team will now be judged on.

Thats why the original post talks about the business end of the year - and yep the GF is all that matters and we've struggled to score and teams have heavily sat on Roo.

Cloke did nothing in Pies flag win.....yet they win by 50pts and looked far more dangerous EVERYTIME they went forward cause they have mutliple goal kickers.

Anyone who says St Kilda isnt overly reliant on Riewoldt when hes out there is dreaming.

“Yeah….nah””