and here's the clean-out at the hawks....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Legendary wrote:IMO Muston is the best of the lot.

Terrible injuries, but showed in his first few games that he can really play. Similar type of player that the Hawks have in abundance (midfielder) but I reckon he would be worth a shot. Mentally strong. Only question mark is pace, which is maybe why we would stay away.

Peterson = NO. Lazy.

None of the others of real interest - would be behind Armitage, Steven, Geary, Smith etc.
Totally agree on Muston, he was playing a very good defensive fwd role (plus kicking goals) when the Hawks were flying…
Was unlucky to be dropped when C Brown came back,
At 23, I think he would be worth a look as a late pick.
None of the others grab me.
Peterson is in the same boast as Motlop, not made for the rigidity of Saints footy.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So with Campbell Brow going, why was Muston delisted if they suddenly lack some people to play his role?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:So with Campbell Brow going, why was Muston delisted if they suddenly lack some people to play his role?
Why indeed…
Why delist Skipper, who was their best ruckman for the 2nd half of the season?
Why keep the player who was struggling to get a game in the VFL and has recorded 3 positive drug tests?
Why did they get rid of McGlynn and Kennedy?
Some strange list management going on down there for sure.

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Can people name one decent player we've picked up after they were delisted by another club?
Not many - Milne was tipped out of the Essendon Supplementary list :shock:
Gardiner seemed to go allright after being delisted by the Eagles. More discipline than ability though for the delisting.
Gardiner certainly does go well - not sure, but the Eagles may have traded him to the Saints for a late pick :shock:
Nah - ws in the second draft, not the National, but the other one for rejected or delisted players.
Oh ok, you sure? The Pre-season Draft then - well that makes 3 Milne, Gardiner and Dawson :shock:
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Wed 20 Oct 2010 12:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock:
saintlarry
Club Player

Skipper very stiff. Considering hale couldnt even get a game at the kangas, if he turns out to be rubbish, no backup.
then its back to the ruck HODGEY.
And i've heard that Beau dowler has been playing vfl reserves a lot this year, high pick or not he just dosnt cut it.
i wouldnt mind getting moss, every time i saw him he seemed liek a handy player. the type that always will always chip in a couple of goals a game.
Dont think pieterson would fit us structually though. X factor through the friggin rood though.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote: Can people name one decent player we've picked up after they were delisted by another club?
Not many - Milne was tipped out of the Essendon Supplementary list :shock:
Gardiner seemed to go allright after being delisted by the Eagles. More discipline than ability though for the delisting.
Gardiner certainly does go well - not sure, but the Eagles may have traded him to the Saints for a late pick :shock:
Nah - ws in the second draft, not the National, but the other one for rejected or delisted players.
We traded for Gardiner... swapped picks really, from memory we swapped our 3rd pick for Gardy & the Eagles 4th. Then traded that for Birss I think.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:So with Campbell Brow going, why was Muston delisted if they suddenly lack some people to play his role?
May not be all football related???????????? !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

vacuous space
SS Life Member

It's Pelchen's premiership formula. You know, the one that told him after taking Buddy and Roughead in 04, he had to spend first round picks on big forwards the next two years. The best part was when he chose Thorp over Selwood - not because of Selwood's injuries, or because they had rated Thorp higher - but because of the premiership formula. Big thumbs up, Chris.

I would expect at least a couple of these guys to be picked up - probably not by us, mind you. Kayler-Thompson had a big preseason, starred in his first two games and then after one bad one he got Zac Dawsoned out of town. Muston has shown glimpses of brilliance, but the knees are the only consistent part of his game. Dowler has always looked like a poor man's Grant Birchall at AFL level. Might be a natural forward, but he was never going to get a game there at Hawthorn.

I wouldn't be shocked if somebody picked up Moss. Stokes and Peterson are probably toast. Either way, it looks they're going to be drafting pretty late.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Beej
Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:
gringo wrote:Gary Moss had a few good games too. I thought he might be a player.........
Yes Moss would be the one I would consider out of those Hawker delistings :shock:
Agreed.

Very good, penetrating left peg.