Albert Proud

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:As I said on other thread, someone on bigfooty said Ross was seen having coffee with Chris Johnson yesterday.
would be interesting if we picked him up. that would make it four father-son draftees that we've picked up from other clubs in the past couple of years:

sean dempster
brett peake
jesse w smith
chris johnson

i think that's all?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Lets just him.
What does that mean?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SainterK wrote:As I said on other thread, someone on bigfooty said Ross was seen having coffee with Chris Johnson yesterday.
would be interesting if we picked him up. that would make it four father-son draftees that we've picked up from other clubs in the past couple of years:

sean dempster
brett peake
jesse w smith
chris johnson

i think that's all?
So we're letting all the other players have the fun and just adopting the results later on :?

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
bergholt wrote:

sean dempster
brett peake
jesse w smith
chris johnson

i think that's all?
So we're letting all the other players have the fun and just adopting the results later on :?
I'd say we're compensating for father(-son) issues.

JABBER
Club Player

Albert Proud

jay nash or tyson slattery are better players

trevor barker
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Re: Albert Proud

JABBER wrote:jay nash or tyson slattery are better players
What about Dylan Pfitzner, JABBER?

JABBER
Club Player

Albert Proud

What about Dylan

trevor barker
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

JABBER wrote:What about Dylan
Any insight on him?

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote: Sort of get the feeling our club will have been so scared off by the Lovett fiasco that we'll become uber-obsessed with recruiting/drafting "good characters", even at the expense of superior talent.
LB was supposed to have that 'good character' you are speaking of. But look what he did to the club who gave him everything?

I'd much rather a prick of a bloke who plays like Chris Judd than a potential Sandy player who is a top bloke.

Not saying I want Proud though, I haven't seen much of him but isn't he in the Steven or Armo type mould? If so, we already have enough of those type players.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
evertonfc wrote: Sort of get the feeling our club will have been so scared off by the Lovett fiasco that we'll become uber-obsessed with recruiting/drafting "good characters", even at the expense of superior talent.
LB was supposed to have that 'good character' you are speaking of. But look what he did to the club who gave him everything?

I'd much rather a prick of a bloke who plays like Chris Judd than a potential Sandy player who is a top bloke.

Not saying I want Proud though, I haven't seen much of him but isn't he in the Steven or Armo type mould? If so, we already have enough of those type players.
u cant have enough midfielders. as long as he can kick and can run fast.

hope lovett doesnt come into any of this. we need to forget about him. that was just horrible luck. noones fault. but we shouldnt get scarred by it.

saintphantom
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:
marksnsparks wrote:Seriously, are we so desperate that we have to consider every bit of flotsam and jetsam farted out of the arse of other clubs
Agree - delist Milne, Dawson, Gram, Gardiner, Schneider and Ray immediately.

And that Gehrig nut-job, well, I can see why West Coast got rid of him!

I think we should even have a cantera policy - no player can play for us unless he was drafted by us first.

:roll:
Wow!!! And I copped it for calling the current Captain a Sooky la la!

Eric Bana Saints Supporter 'Says it all'

'big fucker passes it to the little Fucker, then back to the...f*** I hate it when they do that'
gringo
Saintsational Legend

He looks a good prospect, he looks like Picketts build and still has a bit of pace. If we could get him on a mature rookie contract he would be a find. Extra goal kicker with a hard body and innate goal sense mixed with a bit of speed, get him mentored by someone that is not Brown or Fev and he might stand a chance.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

hes worth a look for sure. depending if he wants to play of course.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Along with Daniel Dzufer he is another player from the great year of Queensland players that simply did not come on. It's interesting out of that group that despite winning the Dvi 2 U-18 Cup and being touted as a great team and the best from QLD yet, not many have actually carried on and become even ordinary players.

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

so are we any chance at going for him?
im thinking let him train and assess commitment then 1 year contract late pick in pre-season draft and base wage with incentives?
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 15 Nov 2010 3:04pm, edited 2 times in total.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

An incentive to stay off the piss?

Another opportunity awaits!
Winmarvellous
Club Player

More to the point, when are they gonna introduce an immature rookie draft, so we can all have a basketcase each?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:More to the point, when are they gonna introduce an immature rookie draft, so we can all have a basketcase each?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and selections are in reverse order to regular draft. so the premiership player ends up with a lovett or fev.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:More to the point, when are they gonna introduce an immature rookie draft, so we can all have a basketcase each?
Yeah but now Hirdy's got a full time coaching gig, who's gonna do the all important character references?

You'd hate to stuff it up by having first pick and getting a bloke with a functioning brain! :shock:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
Yeah but now Hirdy's got a full time coaching gig, who's gonna do the all important character references?

You'd hate to stuff it up by having first pick and getting a bloke with a functioning brain! :shock:
i hate to change from the topic. but how much is the hirdy show all bout hirdy. i can hear him at training "look guys just watch how the hirdster does it".
see how he "joins in" at training. hilarity.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

i hate to change from the topic. but how much is the hirdy show all bout hirdy. i can hear him at training "look guys just watch out hirdy does it".
see how he "joins in" at training. hilarity.
Saw those pictures of Hirdy this morning, complete contrast to Rossy and his sashaying around talking to the boys and usually eating or drinking something. :)

MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

If they were going to take a risk, I would rather draft Jack Darling - if he's still there at 24 - quite a few issues apparently, but upside could be massive :shock:

Your servants shall hold her stones dear, and have pity on her dust :shock: