A personal thankyou to the club. Well done

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

docsaint
Club Player

A personal thankyou to the club. Well done

During the year my 3 year old's childcare had a footy day, where they dressed up and drew pictures of their favourite player. Little Marcus Docsaint drew a picture of Lenny and dictated a short story explaining he was his favoutite player. The very good staff at the place took the time to put it in an envelope and posted it to the club.
Last week an envelope addressed to Marcus arrived at childcare with a 7*5 photo personally signed by the great man with "To Marcus, go Saints, Lenny Hayes"
I'd like to thank the childcare staff and the club who took the time without being asked to make a 3 year old's (and his Dad's) day. It was obvious the photo made its way to Lenny specifically and was signed by him in reply to Marcus's letter, and not from a pile he may have signed at the beginning of the year.
I thought I would share a feelgood story after the trauma of the past month.

St Lenny
Club Player

THats our Lenny, a nice feel good story. Mmmmmmmmmm, think I will draw a picture and send it to Lenny. :lol:

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Re: A personal thankyou to the club. Well done

docsaint wrote:During the year my 3 year old's childcare had a footy day, where they dressed up and drew pictures of their favourite player. Little Marcus Docsaint drew a picture of Lenny and dictated a short story explaining he was his favoutite player. The very good staff at the place took the time to put it in an envelope and posted it to the club.
Last week an envelope addressed to Marcus arrived at childcare with a 7*5 photo personally signed by the great man with "To Marcus, go Saints, Lenny Hayes"
I'd like to thank the childcare staff and the club who took the time without being asked to make a 3 year old's (and his Dad's) day. It was obvious the photo made its way to Lenny specifically and was signed by him in reply to Marcus's letter, and not from a pile he may have signed at the beginning of the year.
Great story and just further affirms my man love for Lenny

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for sharing Doc, bet Marcus was one excited little man....on ya Lenny, the peoples champ. :wink:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dunno if there are words invented to describe lenny.
has anyone met his parents? they should get an award or something.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:dunno if there are words invented to describe lenny.
has anyone met his parents? they should get an award or something.
Agree Con.

There's a few of other high profile players at our club who also seem to be thoroughly decent human beings.

I think we're a bit blessed, although I think it's also something to do with our culture.

And to think it was only 9 years ago that Malcolm Blight made the comment that the ingrained culture of ill discipline at the club was 500 per cent worse than anywhere else he'd ever coached!

All those involved since the depature of Old Blighty have a lot to be proud of IMO. :)

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Collectively now....on the count of three.

Awww :) :wink:

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Awww :lol:

A bit random: he arrived in Bali a couple of days ago with Stevie Baker

Source: Steve Baker on twitter

St Lenny
Club Player

They are close mates and both love Bali, well thats what he told me.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: A personal thankyou to the club. Well done

docsaint wrote:During the year my 3 year old's childcare had a footy day, where they dressed up and drew pictures of their favourite player. Little Marcus Docsaint drew a picture of Lenny and dictated a short story explaining he was his favoutite player. The very good staff at the place took the time to put it in an envelope and posted it to the club.
Hey docsaint !!

A great story. Have you sent this to the club? I'm sure they'd appreciate it !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

docsaint
Club Player

I do plan to call or email my thanks, anyone have email details handy for the correct dept?

Rastus

Let me also share my experience this year when @ a club function I asked Lenny (on behalf of my 8yo son) why the players never got over to Bay 39 to hand out footballs to which he said @ games end they were just too buggered but he'd see what he could do!!...I shared this with my son and the following week against Melbourne he headed our way with a number of players, found me and handed a football to my son...couldn't believe that 4 days after the event and a full game Lenny still remembered the bay # and me!
Enough said!

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

docsaint wrote:I do plan to call or email my thanks, anyone have email details handy for the correct dept?
either communications @saints.com.au
or say@saints.com.au
or even just reception@saints.com.au

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
docsaint
Club Player

thanks for that

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I asked Lenny to sign something when I saw him the other day and he said no. Found him to be very rude. He come across as rude all the time I see him on TV.

docsaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:I asked Lenny to sign something when I saw him the other day and he said no. Found him to be very rude. He come across as rude all the time I see him on TV.
as someone who is medically trained, and I say this sincerely, get some help. This not only relates to your comment now but your constant need for attention on this forum.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

docsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I asked Lenny to sign something when I saw him the other day and he said no. Found him to be very rude. He come across as rude all the time I see him on TV.
as someone who is medically trained, and I say this sincerely, get some help. This not only relates to your comment now but your constant need for attention on this forum.
Thanks for answering. As a doctor you should know serious pills are no good for your health. Please take the sense of humour pills.

shmic_s
Club Player

Did you ask him nicely?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Not really surprising plugger - I've heard he has a policy of not signing body parts :wink:
Last edited by Dr Spaceman on Wed 10 Nov 2010 10:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

shmic_s wrote:
Did you ask him nicely?
No not all. I asked him rudely and he quite politely declined. I then said I had a man crush on him and if he wouldnt mind staying at my house. He then declined that politely which I found very rude.

docsaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
docsaint wrote:
Thanks for answering. As a doctor you should know serious pills are no good for your health. Please take the sense of humour pills.
show me the humour and I will have a giggle. I know , I know, he is a troll and I took the bait, but I know I'm not alone when I say Plugger's sense of humour is tiring and his posts are usually a desperate plea for attention, which I am now giving him. Better stop now.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

docsaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
docsaint wrote:
show me the humour and I will have a giggle. I know , I know, he is a troll and I took the bait, but I know I'm not alone when I say Plugger's sense of humour is tiring and his posts are usually a desperate plea for attention, which I am now giving him. Better stop now.
Do you really think I care if you dont like my posts or even others. i do it for my own sense of fun and the minuscule others that find my posts funny. What I find funny is that people actually give a stuff about my posts.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Lenny is great like that, a few years back i took my little brother to training as he had written Lenny a letter. Unfortunately he wasnt training with the main group that day so we gave the letter to Fraser to give him.

A few weeks later a handwritten reply and signed photo turned up in the mail.

What a legend.

shmic_s
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:No not all. I asked him rudely and he quite politely declined. I then said I had a man crush on him and if he wouldnt mind staying at my house. He then declined that politely which I found very rude.
Funny.
plugger66 wrote:Do you really think I care if you dont like my posts or even others. i do it for my own sense of fun and the minuscule others that find my posts funny. What I find funny is that people actually give a stuff about my posts.
Not funny.

Still not 100% sure if you weren't being serious about McMahon thou...

And Lenny is a champion player and a champion guy to boot.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Glad to have Lenny as part of the family.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell