2011 Guernseys - Home and Alternate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TriColourDisciple
Club Player

I feel sorry for kids who may have saved up to buy either version of the 2010 jumpers, only to have them outdated before the years end!

The home jumper with the white collar and cuffs with a black line through it lasted for 10 years, the all white collar and cuff version of 2010 lasted a season!

Proudly Brainwashed since 1972
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Dont like the away jumper. FAIL.

And that white strip in the home one better bloody be wider than that FFS! So for now on that one... FAIL as well.

FFS< why do we FAIL so hard at these things? As others have said its not f****** hard! Red white and black panels of EQUAL proportions. Christ!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:Dont like the away jumper. FAIL.

And that white strip in the home one better bloody be wider than that FFS! So for now on that one... FAIL as well.

FFS< why do we FAIL so hard at these things? As others have said its not f****** hard! Red white and black panels of EQUAL proportions. Christ!
The panels will be the same as this year... Its just the pictural representation...

Imagine putting the jumper flat on a table, the side show on the front and make the middle look smaller.

It was the same issue last year. Have a look at the ones the players are wearing for a better idea.

saintlee
Club Player

Win/Win for mine, so I don't think the club/ISC have failed at all this time.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

The panels will be the same as this year... Its just the pictural representation...

Imagine putting the jumper flat on a table, the side show on the front and make the middle look smaller.

It was the same issue last year. Have a look at the ones the players are wearing for a better idea.
Thank God someone's using their brain!

Kilda
Club Player

I don't mind the 2011 home strip - it's certainly different with the black piping- but as someone else stated- it makes the strip overall look more menacing. That's got to be a good thing.

As for the away strip, well I agree with Barks4Eva, that I thought the Board would have learnt something from this year's drama. It doesn't win me over.

The question I really want to know is who on earth makes these final decisions on the guernseys? Every year now, they change. Why are the lifeblood of the club, the members, the last to learn of it?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Kilda wrote:I don't mind the 2011 home strip - it's certainly different with the black piping- but as someone else stated- it makes the strip overall look more menacing. That's got to be a good thing.

As for the away strip, well I agree with Barks4Eva, that I thought the Board would have learnt something from this year's drama. It doesn't win me over.

The question I really want to know is who on earth makes these final decisions on the guernseys? Every year now, they change. Why are the lifeblood of the club, the members, the last to learn of it?
Probably best someone else does it.

Thousands of posts across hundreds of threads indicate you'd never get any agreement if you asked the members/supporters/fans!

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

We've worn even paneled jumpers for less than half of our history, and it's the latter half (with the exception of the "Hot Cross Bun" years) we've worn them for. When they first came in, they had black edging.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
HardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: 2011 Guernseys - Home and Alternate

But you have to admit, the black cuffs and collars are pretty damn tough on our home number

I always associate St Kilda guernseys with white collars and white shoulder cuffs - but through our best years we wore black cuffs 1957 - 1959, 1963 - 1972 yet white collars

Now we have black cuffs and black collars - very tough, very step up, quite Batman too

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

This is a classic case of;

You can please some of the people some of the time, but

You can't please all of the people all of the time !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:This is a classic case of;

You can please some of the people some of the time, but

You can't please all of the people all of the time !!

and some...with a home in this forum.....you can never please.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.