Niether of our two top picks

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Niether of our two top picks

even have photos on the draft tracker....wonder why that is????

I wonder???

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Turn it up mate.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Niether of our two top picks

BigMart wrote:even have photos on the draft tracker....wonder why that is????

I wonder???
Because they dont whingers like you.

Saintersss
Club Player

Cripps was expected to go between 20 and 30 and Crocker was expected to go 40 and 50, so I'm not too sure what you are complaining about.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Just a question....why am I turning it up....

BTW - our recruiting since 2003 has been top notch.....3 R/S noms in 7 years....going gangbusters....thank god for 2000-2002 and priority picks..

Saint4Eva
Club Player

I wonder???
Who gives a ****

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Just a question....why am I turning it up....

BTW - our recruiting since 2003 has been top notch.....3 R/S noms in 7 years....going gangbusters....thank god for 2000-2002 and priority picks..
Lets just give up.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Onya plugger....but try and make sense next time...

tosser

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Tom Ledger has a photo!!!!!!

He is a GUN

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:Tom Ledger has a photo!!!!!!

He is a GUN
YES!

Easy caper this recruiting... Photo portrait = 100 games.... Action photo = 200 games

No photo = 350 games!

And when that time comes, and that trio play 350 in the same game... Ill refer to this post BM.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Here's a pick of him.
Does that make him a better player now?

Another opportunity awaits!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I wonder???
Because they dont put photos of hack players up?? Is that what youre trying to intimate??

Fair dinkum, you wander on here about draft time very year and shower us with your wisdom about how our recruiting staff have no clue

Listening? Neville Stibbard reckons we got a beauty with Cripps..expected him to go Top 15

Neville Stibbard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Just a question....why am I turning it up....

That's it, the club is going south, SACK LYON NOW!!! RE-INSTATE THOMAS! USE YOUR VOTE AT THE AGM!!!

Oh, did I write that? I meant

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING! Cluck, cluck! BGAAAAAARRRRRKK!

You are a dead set chook, mate.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
eppo67
Club Player

Stibbard who is at GWS & considered one of the best recruiters in the business thinks Cripps is a gun and was going in top 15. So there you go Bigfart or whatever you call yourself

goodie
Club Player

They're vampires.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

time to change your nic again BigMart....

Just how many changes is that now :roll: :roll:

and why just :?: :?:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
thirty-seven!?
Club Player

What a clown... :roll:

Always preferred to be more of a passive reader of this site myself, but sometimes some twits like yourself push too hard to a response.

Seriously, why must every comment you make be something negative towards the club or some kids we have just drafted who havent even set foot into the club yet!? I don't care who you are, who you know, where your from or what grade at school you're in, but time to pi$s off cos no one here wants to listen to your negative, uninformed, trash talk.

Seriously, why is this guy even allowed to still post? What is he adding?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

afl phantom draft....

28. BRISBANE LIONS - Jamie Cripps
Height: 183cm
Weight: 75kg
DOB: 23/04/92
Club: East Fremantle (WA)
Draft range: 20-35
Exciting half-back who might go higher, say to Freo at 20. Cripps' ability was exemplified by his five goals in a senior game for East Fremantle. By the end of the season, he was in the Sharks' best three players. His running goal in East Freo's only final, when he bounced the ball from half-back before kicking from outside 50, was among the highlights of the WAFL season.

44. FREMANTLE - Tom Ledger
Height: 178cm
Weight: 73kg
DOB: 17/03/92
Club: Claremont (WA)
Draft range: 40-50
Midfielder who shone after the national under-18 championships to the extent that he earned the competition's best and fairest medal. Scouts would have liked to have seen him in open company but Claremont has a policy of leaving teenagers in the thirds.

47. RICHMOND - Arryn Siposs
Height: 188cm
Weight: 82kg
DOB: 25/11/92
Club: Dandenong Stingrays (Vic)
Draft range: 40-60
Strong-marking and smart-moving forward who could play third-string in attack. Not known to be the hardest worker on a footy field, but his talent has ensured interest from a range of clubs.

48. ESSENDON - Sam Crocker
Weight: 71kg
DOB: 12/03/92
Club: Oakleigh Chargers (Vic)
Small forward and midfielder in the Luke Power mould whose kicking packs a wallop, in terms of both distance and accuracy. He's also good overhead and courageous. He's never barracked for an AFL club, but he's about to start.

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:afl phantom draft....

Exciting half-back who might go higher, say to Freo at 20. Cripps' ability was exemplified by his five goals in a senior game for East Fremantle. By the end of the season, he was in the Sharks' best three players. His running goal in East Freo's only final, when he bounced the ball from half-back before kicking from outside 50, was among the highlights of the WAFL season.

Midfielder who shone after the national under-18 championships to the extent that he earned the competition's best and fairest medal. Scouts would have liked to have seen him in open company but Claremont has a policy of leaving teenagers in the thirds.

Strong-marking and smart-moving forward who could play third-string in attack. Not known to be the hardest worker on a footy field, but his talent has ensured interest from a range of clubs.

Small forward and midfielder in the Luke Power mould whose kicking packs a wallop, in terms of both distance and accuracy. He's also good overhead and courageous. He's never barracked for an AFL club, but he's about to start.
Damn, how did we get it so wrong! :? :? :?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:
stinger wrote:afl phantom draft....

Damn, how did we get it so wrong! :? :? :?
i put that up mainly to show that all our selections were tipped to be in the top 50 picks.......think we did okay....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:Damn, how did we get it so wrong! :? :? :?
i put that up mainly to show that all our selections were tipped to be in the top 50 picks.......think we did okay....
Yep, I'm with ya sting :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Regardless if they were all tipped to be in the top fifty, that an AFL recruiter thought that Cripps was a top 15 pick, that Terry Wallace said that Sam Crocker was the equal to the best kicks he had ever coached in Gilbee and Smith, the fact is they didn't have a picture of them on the AFL tracker and apparently thats what counts.

I bet X Clarke had a photo up on the tracker.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Regardless if they were all tipped to be in the top fifty, that an AFL recruiter thought that Cripps was a top 15 pick, that Terry Wallace said that Sam Crocker was the equal to the best kicks he had ever coached in Gilbee and Smith, the fact is they didn't have a picture of them on the AFL tracker and apparently thats what counts.

I bet X Clarke had a photo up on the tracker.
Reckon I may have seen Eljay Connors mug also :wink: :shock:

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

eppo67 wrote:Stibbard who is at GWS & considered one of the best recruiters in the business thinks Cripps is a gun and was going in top 15.
that's his opinion, yes. but stibbard took lachie hansen at 3 in 2006 ahead of joel selwood, james frawley and jack riewoldt, what would he know? robbie tarrant ahead of harry taylor in 07.

or maybe more realistic is to say that no-one has any real idea how good any of these kids are going to end up. cripps might be a superstar, might be a gop, might be a dud. stibbard's probably watched him a couple of times, so he's got a more informed opinion than you or me, but let's not put too much weight on it - he could be well and truly wrong.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
eppo67 wrote:Stibbard who is at GWS & considered one of the best recruiters in the business thinks Cripps is a gun and was going in top 15.
that's his opinion, yes. but stibbard took lachie hansen at 3 in 2006 ahead of joel selwood, james frawley and jack riewoldt, what would he know? robbie tarrant ahead of harry taylor in 07.

or maybe more realistic is to say that no-one has any real idea how good any of these kids are going to end up. cripps might be a superstar, might be a gop, might be a dud. stibbard's probably watched him a couple of times, so he's got a more informed opinion than you or me, but let's not put too much weight on it - he could be well and truly wrong.
Let’s not go in too hard in regards to the recruiting staff.

Apart from the absolute top liners it’s a bloody guessing game. You look at those YouTube highlights and they really don’t tell you much re a kids capacity to be an AFL star.

I kept reading on here that we should get Jack Darling cos he’s the next Aaron Hamill. I took a look at his highlight reel. From what I saw he could be the next Hamill; he could quite easily be the next Charlie Gardiner also. :?