we're In- New home is ours.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Should be mindful that many posters on here live in Seaford, IMO.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Should be mindful that many posters on here live in Seaford, IMO.
Why?

I assume near the beach.????..if they live where the ground is I would be confident that they would agree that it sucks.

You can spin it anyway you wish...but to me the actual location is not good.
The originally announced Frankston location was much better.

Where we are now even better again.

However a state of the art facility in the new location is much better than a run down facility in Linton street (though the actual oval is first class).

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:Should be mindful that many posters on here live in Seaford, IMO.
Why?

I assume near the beach.????..if they live where the ground is I would be confident that they would agree that it sucks.

You can spin it anyway you wish...but to me the actual location is not good.
The originally announced Frankston location was much better.

Where we are now even better again.

However a state of the art facility in the new location is much better than a run down facility in Linton street (though the actual oval is first class).
I'm not spinning anything, was just trying to be considerate of people's feelings that's all...

zebraman
Club Player

Maybe ask Robert Harvey what he thinks of Seaford...

A punch up near the facility??..I think you may find that there are punch ups at various locations around Melbourne...I owned a cab for several years and I saw punch ups...drug deals happening in places like Toorak..Fitzroy Street St Kilda..even outside the Moorabbin Town Hall

I'm sure similar things happen in Geelong

It's hardly a thing that happens ONLY in Seaford

Just better be careful of those people from the bowls club across the road...you never know what horrible things they're likely to get up to

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I thought it was state of the art facilities at the new home. The shower blocks don't even have individual cubicles. Hope no one drops the soap.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
clarky449
Saintsational Legend

I go to school in Seaford/carrum and i do know that their are people that want to vandilise the ground and everything. The thing is that they will actually do it.

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
ace
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:I thought it was state of the art facilities at the new home. The shower blocks don't even have individual cubicles. Hope no one drops the soap.
Pfff.
I hope it is a gay free facility.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintlee
Club Player

clarky449 wrote:I go to school in Seaford/carrum and i do know that their are people that want to vandilise the ground and everything. The thing is that they will actually do it.
Thats what security guards are for.

sarah10

so does thaty mean i have to go to morrabin to pay membership today or seford

shmic_s
Club Player

Membership and Saints shop etc. will still be at Moorabbin Sarah10.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Sainternist wrote:I thought it was state of the art facilities at the new home. The shower blocks don't even have individual cubicles. Hope no one drops the soap.
What are you implying about our players?

Even worse, what are you implying about the gay community?

Homophobe.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Laugh... this thread seems to be filling with homo-phobes and Seaford-phobes.

Yes... I do live in Seaford..... I continue to shake my head at people's reaction to the suburb on here. My family and I love being able to live only 3 minutes walk from the beach in a nice big new family home surrounded by good neighbours.

At least this all the negative publicity will hopefully continue to keep the crowds away from our pristine beaches.

Oh yeah, and no need to check for syringes in the sand either!!

Enjoy your inner suburban bayside suburbs people, with the hefty 7-figure price tag that comes with it. I'll happily stay put where I am.

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Seaford Saint, I drove there to have a look only last week....drove along the beach Rd to get home and I saw no reason to be alarmed with the area....in fact seems real estate is doing OK along the water there with heaps of development.

That being said I really don't care if people hate the concept of the move, just don't see the need to excessively bag a suburb, that they know a high amount of St Kilda supporters (which of course translates to fellow SS posters) live in.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:and Seaford-phobes.

Yes... I do live in Seaford..... I continue to shake my head at people's reaction to the suburb on here. My family and I love being able to live only 3 minutes walk from the beach in a nice big new family home surrounded by good neighbours.
That is my point...the ground is not where you are living I assume???, but is off in an industrial are the other side of the freeway.
Seaford beach and environs is quite desirable.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Seaford Saint, I drove there to have a look only last week....drove along the beach Rd .in fact seems real estate is doing OK along the water
Belvedere Park is not on Beach Road, or near it. We are not along the water..so while I agree that Beach Road and along the water are nice...we are not there.

So comparing our location with those locations is chalk and cheese.

As mentioned the original bayside location was in a appealing location.

The only good thing about the location is that it has enabled us to at last obtain decent facilities.

However all that really matters is that the players now have enhanced training, recovery and conditioning facilities.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 13 Dec 2010 2:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:Seaford Saint, I drove there to have a look only last week....drove along the beach Rd
Belvedere Park is not on Beach Road, or near it.

As mentioned the oroginal bayside loaction was ina appealing loaction.
Appealing for who though. I am sure the players dont care as long as the facilities are good and no one Even watches training these days.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Appealing for who though. I am sure the players dont care as long as the facilities are good .

That is my point.

I just don't see the point of some as trying to paint it as a desirable "bayside" location. Seaford beach is. Belvedere Park is not.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 13 Dec 2010 2:21pm, edited 2 times in total.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:Seaford Saint, I drove there to have a look only last week....drove along the beach Rd .in fact seems real estate is doing OK along the water
Belvedere Park is not on Beach Road, or near it. We are not along the water..so while I agree that Beach Road and along the water are nice...we are not there.

So comparing our location with those locations is chalk and cheese.

As mentioned the original bayside location was in a appealing location.

The only good thing about the location is that it has enabled us to at last obtain decent facilities.

However all that really matters is that the players now have enhanced training, recovery and conditioning facilities.
You have selectively quoted me sRs and I am not sure why, I am aware of where the new facilities are because I was there and drove past the residential homes and reserve to get there.

I mentioned I drove along Beach Rd to get home...and was just pointing out the Seaford seems a developing real estate market at the moment?

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

saintsRrising wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Appealing for who though. I am sure the players dont care as long as the facilities are good .

That is my point.

I just don't see the point of some as trying to paint it as a desirable "bayside" location. Seaford beach is. Belvedere Park is not.
It's not desirable a location as some, but to paint it an undesirable location is just bulls*** ignorance.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
saintlee
Club Player

The location is not ideal, but its hardly terrible. Anyway, who cares, its a fantastic facility and we will be there for many years.

zebraman
Club Player

so where is the "ideal" location

somewhere where there are no punch ups...drug deals...hoon drivers..etc...

I find it bemusing these anti Seaford rants...

Possibly the greatest player to ever pull on a Saints jumper comes from there...Shock...horror

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:so where is the "ideal" location

somewhere where there are no punch ups...drug deals...hoon drivers..etc...

I find it bemusing these anti Seaford rants...

Possibly the greatest player to ever pull on a Saints jumper comes from there...Shock...horror
The way society is these days there is no location that would be safe from violence, vandalism, graffiti, drugs etc.

A bright shiny new facility would attract the lowlifes from Moorabbin or Frankston or anywhere for that matter.

The club will just have to deal with it.

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

I'm not trying to be anti-Seaford, but to say Seaford Beach and surrounds is beautiful, Harv's is from Seaford, so then Belvedere Park and surrounds will be fantastic, is simply blind faith. I mean, wasn't Burkey from the Pines? Doesn't change the suburb or questionable areas of it.

Its like comparing Frankston North and Frankston South. I am simply looking at it with my eyes wide open, but I'm sorry if I offend anyone as i'm not looking at doing that.

Bad things happen in all suburbs, I'm well aware of that, but its just something I fear we will have to be wary of as a club IMO.

Everything points to it being a great move, state of the art facilities, a council who wants to work with us and a bright, fresh start in a new base. I just want us to go into it with our eyes open and not just show blind faith like we always do when it comes to our beloved Saints.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
PJ
SS Life Member

It's a training facility FFS not a home beautiful advertisment. We are not there for the realty development just to train.

Perhaps we should have taken a big section out of Toorak - the needles would definately have been more upmarket and you meet a better class of drunk.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

The wonderful new facilities at Arden Street and the Western Oval will also be under threat from the graffiti and needle crowd.

Frankston Council, having lured us there, have a responsibility to assist in making the facility secure. I mean there's no point putting money in to get the prestige of a state of the art AFL training venue in your area just to watch it become run down.