Jeld Wen Continuing :)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:Damn! The new deal to reunite us with Phillip Morris has fallen through.

No, definitely good news JW are sticking with us as the major sponsor. We've had a good run with them - a prelim and 2 GF's. Hopefully they'll be the major sponsor when the elusive second premiership is won.
No they're now a coaches sponsor.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Sainternist wrote:Damn! The new deal to reunite us with Phillip Morris has fallen through.

No, definitely good news JW are sticking with us as the major sponsor. We've had a good run with them - a prelim and 2 GF's. Hopefully they'll be the major sponsor when the elusive second premiership is won.
No they're now a coaches sponsor.
haha... for real???

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
savatage
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:How can it be good news bratty??
+1

saintly
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:They are now just a minor sponsor so it isnt great news. Surely a top team should have little trouble getting a major sponsor.
yep it sounds like they are downgrading their sponsorship. that aint good news!

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

doggerel wrote:I must say I never really saw a natural synergy there between and AFL team and a door manufacturer, for either party.

Going forward I would like to see St Kilda associated with a company or product that enhances our own brand, by being exciting, sexy, aspirational or whatever in its own right
yeah, we should definitely go for those powerband guys.

Legendary
Club Player

Major sponsors rarely stick with a club for a very long time - Ford and Geelong is the exception.

Aligning themselves with a football club gives a sponsor maximum exposure for a short period, raising the profile of their name and products within the football public.

However there comes a point of diminishing utility for a sponsor, and when you operate in the commercial world you need to make sure you're not re-committing to something that gives poor value for money.

Hence JW probably believe their 3 year deal has served its purpose, and instead of just abandoning the club they have obviously been well looked after and impressed enough to continue as a sponsor. This speaks volumes of the sponsorship team.

Lexus recently did the same thing with the Magpies.

We will have no trouble finding a major jumper sponsor. This is big money now, $1.5-$2m per year sort of stuff.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

hmmm... when you think about it... Jeldwen paying the same amount of money to renew wouldn't make much sense, since the footy world has already been exposed to the brand for three years.

all the ceremony/unveiling of the new sponsor - with people like us talking about it - and then footy fans noticing it on field next year, will be the value for whichever sponsor signs on next.

it is interesting the way the club tries to put a positive spin on the situation with the article though.

Saint_Ash
Club Player
Location: Either work, home or the footy, maybe a pub somewhere

snowdelisaint wrote: it is interesting the way the club tries to put a positive spin on the situation with the article though.
I suspect that they have only made this 'announcement' to make it known in the corporate world that we are looking for a major sponsor.

If true then its probably not a good thing that they can't find anyone.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saint_Ash wrote:
snowdelisaint wrote: it is interesting the way the club tries to put a positive spin on the situation with the article though.
I suspect that they have only made this 'announcement' to make it known in the corporate world that we are looking for a major sponsor.

If true then its probably not a good thing that they can't find anyone.
If we're having trouble with a major sponsor then that will be a real worry for some of the "lesser" clubs when their current deals expire.

oh when
Club Player

GRAND MA KNOWS BEST

As my grand ma said " one door closes another one opens" - and it will.

shmic_s
Club Player

Re: GRAND MA KNOWS BEST

oh when wrote:As my grand ma said " one door closes another one opens" - and it will.
A Jeld-Wen door?!
Attendances and TV Ratings: For the 2nd consecutive year over a million fans attended St Kilda games, totalling 1,151,969. This is an 11.95% increase on 2009. St Kilda was also the 2nd most watched team in the AFL on television at 22,777,092 viewers, which was an 18.85% increase on 2009.
Hopefully, based on the figures above, companies will be fighting over who has the privilege to be our major sponser for 2011 and beyond.

Joey
Club Player

Re: GRAND MA KNOWS BEST

shmic_s wrote:
oh when wrote:As my grand ma said " one door closes another one opens" - and it will.
A Jeld-Wen door?!
Attendances and TV Ratings: For the 2nd consecutive year over a million fans attended St Kilda games, totalling 1,151,969. This is an 11.95% increase on 2009. St Kilda was also the 2nd most watched team in the AFL on television at 22,777,092 viewers, which was an 18.85% increase on 2009.
Hopefully, based on the figures above, companies will be fighting over who has the privilege to be our major sponser for 2011 and beyond.
It could also be possible that due to the exposure mentioned above, we can now demand more from our major sponsor and maybe Jeld-Wen is not in a position to offer that, but because of the above figures they have chosen to stay on as a sponsor at a lower level.

Im sure we can demand much more now from our major sponsor than we could 3 years ago!

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

I don't know if it means anything but the picture of the NAB cup jumper on the Saints website has Linen house as our jumper sponsor. Maybe they are stepping up this year?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Not sure if anyone is aware but there is was an advertisement in today's Financial Review chasing a major sponsor.

Not a bad idea IMO. Financial Review = large corporate saturation/audience.

resaintlee
Club Player

If JW are only now intending to be the coaches sponsor perhaps they might reconsider as many of them have seen the door.

So long as the online betting group don't get up as jumper sponsor I'll be happy. I don't think that would be a good look. Obviously the current sponsors are not stepping up, Linen House must already be committing big bucks and it would be hard to expect more.

Moorabbin Saints
Club Player

Anyone got a spare million or two?

Wouldn't mind the idea of seeing Saintsational.com on the jumper!

:wink:

'Because we've got unfinished business'
....................Official Saintsational Banner Designer....................
linz
Club Player

I'm thinking windows/glass premiership windows etc.

What about having O'Brian Glass or the like with the motto
"The Glass may be broken but the Premiership Window is still open"

Or try Omega watches with the slogan:
"The time has always been the same with us but now the time has come for St Kilda to deliver"

Ummmmmmmm.......

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

How about some nasal spray delivery sponsorship following the '09 and '10 seasons when we all prematurely evaluated our shot at the flag.

Might have got us through that crucial last minute in GF1 of '10.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Not sure if anyone is aware but there is was an advertisement in today's Financial Review chasing a major sponsor.

I didn't realise you could advertise, that actually concerns me a little, why isn't anyone chasing us?

As far as Jeldwen goes, I noticed they now have commericals on the Foxtel lifestyle channels. Previously I cannot recall them promoting the Jeldwen name to consumers, perhaps they feel their parent company brand gained enough exposure and the sponsorship has acheived it's objective?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Not sure if anyone is aware but there is was an advertisement in today's Financial Review chasing a major sponsor.

I didn't realise you could advertise, that actually concerns me a little, why isn't anyone chasing us?

As far as Jeldwen goes, I noticed they now have commericals on the Foxtel lifestyle channels. Previously I cannot recall them promoting the Jeldwen name to consumers, perhaps they feel their parent company brand gained enough exposure and the sponsorship has acheived it's objective?
''We advertised the last time aroun - similarly to this advertisement.
Through the Fairfax Media - because of our arrangements with The Age (sister publication to The Financial Review)

At that time there was some discussion that the advertising cost was minimal becasue of the sponsorship deal we had.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote: I didn't realise you could advertise, that actually concerns me a little, why isn't anyone chasing us?

If you don't advertise they don't know the opportunity is there for a forward looking business.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
gringo
Saintsational Legend

The sunday Age has a huge full page your business card here ad. I think the Jeld wen deal was probably one of the cheapest jumper deals ever as they came along when the GFC had hit and things looked grim. They are a decent sized company but I wouldn't think they are in the same league financially as the majority of major sponsors.

I am imagining we are looking at using our strong finishes to 09 and 10 as a selling point to up the jumper sponsorship figures.

If north can hold on to Mazda for 20 years it would be nice to think we could get a big international in on silly figures, you get amazing value for money as an AFL jumper sponsor. Three pages every day for half a year in most southern states of australia with your company burning it's self into peoples brains.

If it wasn't for sponsorship I wouldn't know what Kapersky was, same with Mission foods and never would have noticed Emirates air. Hope we get some major dollars this time, if we can't we need some decent marketing people.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

All the sudden it's going to be a lot harder you'd think...

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Bonds?.....Davenport?

saint4life
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The sunday Age has a huge full page your business card here ad. I think the Jeld wen deal was probably one of the cheapest jumper deals ever as they came along when the GFC had hit and things looked grim. They are a decent sized company but I wouldn't think they are in the same league financially as the majority of major sponsors.

I am imagining we are looking at using our strong finishes to 09 and 10 as a selling point to up the jumper sponsorship figures.

If north can hold on to Mazda for 20 years it would be nice to think we could get a big international in on silly figures, you get amazing value for money as an AFL jumper sponsor. Three pages every day for half a year in most southern states of australia with your company burning it's self into peoples brains.

If it wasn't for sponsorship I wouldn't know what Kapersky was, same with Mission foods and never would have noticed Emirates air. Hope we get some major dollars this time, if we can't we need some decent marketing people.
Well, for starters it was not a "huge full page" it was about a quarter of a page with the Saint jumper and where the sponsorship logo should be was a sign with something like place your business here.

Yes, it was a good add and it was not in the sports section but in the main section of the Age.

I have little doubt that the Club would have a few offers already but are sourcing the most attractive for our Club.

One would think that maybe that announcement would coincide at the AGM which has been held back, with this being a major issue

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!