Cahill, Dawson, Stanley and Steven suspended

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bono
Club Player

Cahill, Dawson, Stanley and Steven suspended

6 weeks each for playing up in NZ.

Who will our FB be for the preseason!? Its not as though player development is at an all time high!
Have to wait a little longer for #3 and #28 to be given another go at the top level.

........St Kilda Football Club can confirm that on its recent training camp to
New Zealand four players breached team behavioural standards, including
the use of alcohol, misuse of prescribed medication and leaving the team
hotel against a player established policy.

PJ
SS Life Member

Looks like Simpkin will get his shot earlier than expected.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
saintslegendLH
Club Player

Classic sun, having to add this to every article on the saints.

The players' suspension follows a tumultuous pre-season for the Saints, who have dealt with a nude photo scandal.

The photos were posted online and circulated on social network sites, forcing the club to take legal action.
[/i]

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintslegendLH wrote:Classic sun, having to add this to every article on the saints.

The players' suspension follows a tumultuous pre-season for the Saints, who have dealt with a nude photo scandal.

The photos were posted online and circulated on social network sites, forcing the club to take legal action.
[/i]
I to blame the paper.

saintslegendLH
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
saintslegendLH wrote:Classic sun, having to add this to every article on the saints.

[/i]
I to blame the paper.
fairly ovious that the sun are trying to squeeze and take every possible cheap shot at the saints, collingwood on the other hand have had the accused sexual abuse involving mcarthy and beams story aired only once on both final siren and the afl website. classic cheap shot sun

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintslegendLH wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

[/i]
I to blame the paper.
fairly ovious that the sun are trying to squeeze and take every possible cheap shot at the saints, collingwood on the other hand have had the accused sexual abuse involving mcarthy and beams story aired only once on both final siren and the afl website. classic cheap shot sun

It makes sense. The only thing that confuses me is why an English paper are interested in either us or the Pies.

spyglass
Club Player

saintslegendLH wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

[/i]
I to blame the paper.

maybe that is because they were cleared by the police? That made front pages news on the weekend :)

I'm very disappointed with our 4 players.

I'd also like to know more about the misuse of prescription medication comment as that does not sound very good

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Errm just before you single out the Hun..the Age have gone with "Saints in drug scandal"

If you value your blood pressure I wouldnt bother with either of the tabloid breaky shows tomorrow

Poor (Saints tragic) Alicia Gorey gets to read it all out on the News then cop the accompaying banter, Surprised she hasnt mastered how to do it thru gritted teeth now

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Errm just before you single out the Hun..the Age have gone with "Saints in drug scandal"

If you value your blood pressure I wouldnt bother with either of the tabloid breaky shows tomorrow

Poor (Saints tragic) Alicia Gorey gets to read it all out on the News then cop the accompaying banter, Surprised she hasnt mastered how to do it thru gritted teeth now
And not that any of us care (of course) but it's gonna give that d...head Hinch a second wind.

"Whats going on at that club, pregnant schoolgirls, alcohol, drugs........" :roll: :(

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:"Whats going on at that club, pregnant schoolgirls, alcohol, drugs........" :roll: :(
sounds the prescription to wreck your liver and kill you. What you say Derryn?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So should Cahill be sacked?

He hasn't done much and doesn't necessarily look like he will (well, not for the next 6 weeks in any case!).

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:"Whats going on at that club, pregnant schoolgirls, alcohol, drugs........" :roll: :(
sounds the prescription to wreck your liver and kill you. What you say Derryn?
Oh thank God. Youre back using your acerbic wit for the powers of goodness ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:So should Cahill be sacked?

He hasn't done much and doesn't necessarily look like he will (well, not for the next 6 weeks in any case!).
So we sack him because he is no good but keep the others for the same offence. Not sure that will happen.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So we sack him because he is no good but keep the others for the same offence. Not sure that will happen.
But isn't that what happens had footy clubs to the very weak links?

Of course, it can't be done right now, all in the goodness of time when we are off the back and front pages of every paper in Australia.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Agree.

But gee he's gonna have to show something this year (besides beatboxing!)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Of course, it can't be done right now, all in the goodness of time when we are off the back and front pages of every paper in Australia.
Any publicity is good publicity.

Imagine all the junkies that will get on board with us?

All good.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
savatage
SS Life Member

They couldn't just say that 4 players were being disciplined? They had to specifically mention every single reason as to open the club up to more ridicule?

There's being transparent & there's being transparent!

FullMonty
Club Player

Great. Yet another idiotic event.
Young fools with too much money.... :evil:

Montyrules!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:They couldn't just say that 4 players were being disciplined? They had to specifically mention every single reason as to open the club up to more ridicule?

Given Damian Barrett is aware of all the details even down to what Ross said to the players, not sure they had a choice.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:They couldn't just say that 4 players were being disciplined? They had to specifically mention every single reason as to open the club up to more ridicule?

Just getting in first I suppose.

It's called damage control.

Whether it will help; well that's a different matter.

savatage
SS Life Member

SainterK wrote:

Given Damian Barrett is aware of all the details even down to what Ross said to the players, not sure they had a choice.
Is that right? Had no idea - only just read the statement in isolation. This is just odd.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't change the fact that mick malthouse is a liar.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Any publicity is good publicity.

Imagine all the junkies that will get on board with us?

All good.
But will that help the club's coffers?

They'll probably steal their memberships :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

I'm actually a fan of the statement....no awkward press conference, no representive trying to paint all is well.

Hope they keep it up and the official line from the club is 'it's been dealt with, the club has released a statement'

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

Dr Spaceman wrote:

It will stop the newspapers from going with headlines like "Saints in Drug Scandal"

Oh, wait a minute..

Furtius Quo Rdelious