4 St Kilda players suspended following incident in NZ

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

The Age understands the group were caught red-handed breaking team curfew and were discovered to be under the influence of both alcohol and prescription sleeping tablets.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/s ... 1abaz.html

matrix
Saintsational Legend

un

farking

real

wankers, total idiots

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

the club is pathetic. what a bunch of morons we have representing us. never thought i would be ashamed to be a stkilda suporter.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
stairwaytoheaven
Club Player

l'm glad that i am on holidays at least it will be old news by the time i get back to work.
these blokes are really pushing boundries and it is embarssing for the club it's players and it's members. How many times do we have to try to explain ourselves ,i for one are over it.
Well we will sew how much it has damaged us as the season progresses and i don't blame Ross for being so angry, he has worked so hard to get the best out of his team and coaches, he really does not deserve this crap.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:the club is pathetic. what a bunch of morons we have representing us. never thought i would be ashamed to be a stkilda suporter.
better hand in your membership then

Another opportunity awaits!
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
saintdooley wrote:the club is pathetic. what a bunch of morons we have representing us. never thought i would be ashamed to be a stkilda suporter.
lucky i havent bought it yet

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

actually whats going on here?
i read certain forums and apparently we have a bad culture.
i knew it was bad in the older days but that was thirty odd years ago

is it really that bad?
you hear the odd rumor that doesnt make it about on the net but F*** wif is wrong here with this club?

i mean why the F*** should i save for 8 months to get over and support these pratts if they cant do the right thing by us supporters
theres a time and a place for wahooing it up
a pre season trip with strict rules in place aint it

sleeping pills and grog...unreal

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

What comebacks do we give when our fellow workmates give it to us........??

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Look I have gone past the point of being embarrassed and I am really ticked off with this latest ""scandal"" as the TV is putting it this morning.

What dumb idiots who are "professional" and I use that word lightly and are meant to be elite athletes go and mix grog with sleeping pills.

ARE THEY OUT OF THEIR FREAKING MINDS, not only is it bloody stupid but its a dangerous DEADLY mix. Both alcohol and sleeping pills are depressants and two depressants should never be mixed at the same time

Dead set WANKERS, I am so annoyed right now.. Really they don't know how lucky they are not to have have had something happen to one of them.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:What comebacks do we give when our fellow workmates give it to us........??
We are the sleeping giants of the AFL
LOL sorry I just couldn't help myself even thru all my anger.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
Saint_in_SA
Club Player

Get rid of Cahill - if he acts up like that when he hasnt played a game yet - SEE YA LATER!
The others fully deserve to be hit where it really hurts, and that is by banning them from playing and being duly punished and embarrassed by the leadership group. I don´t care if it means forming a circle and kicking some sense in to them. We can´t tolerate this crap. A $5000 fine is SWEET FA for a contracted AFL player.

A-HUH A-HUH A-HUH
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Moccha wrote:
you can hardly blame any supporter for being ashamed and embarrased by the club. How stupid can they be, don't they know what's been going on and the crap the club has been copping. And we can't continue to say the media is picking on us. I am glad I amnot at work to cop more rubbish from filth morons.

I feel very sorry for Ross Lyon

I love this club
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Pwoit wrote:What comebacks do we give when our fellow workmates give it to us........??
Just smile and shrug shoulders.

These things are not unique to our club though we have been getting our fair share of late.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Why defend it?

They are freaking morons who do not deserve your effort.

In the grand scheme of things, what they have done is kinda minor, but for heaven's sake...With the position the club is in with regard to off field bulltish, it is completely and totally unacceptable.

We are an off field rabble. Plain and simple.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think its time for Westaway, Nettlefold, Lyon & Riewoldt to come out united and make a STRONG statement on where & how they are taking this club.

Yes, they have punished these 4 " penis craniums" but they are the people in charge and they are the ones who should be out there RIGHT NOW spruking that this club isn't going to stand for any more "Poo from a boy cow" !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

I thought the club did make a strong statement.

Most of this media release was club-driven after all.

Personally I think at any other time this would be considered a minor transgression. It's the timing that's embarrassing.

The question is - do we have a culture problem? Is this a long way out from the norm of other clubs?

I'm not convinced.

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

InkerSaint wrote: The question is - do we have a culture problem? Is this a long way out from the norm of other clubs?

I'm not convinced.
I think St Kilda has a culture problem, and I care little what other clubs are doing.

Not really a time to measure themselves against others, it's a time to decide what they want to be about.

Behind Play
Club Player

The major sponsor is currently looking at their sponsorship due to other rumors currently circulating, now this hits the media.

When are we going to learn.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

What's intriguing me most is why the Club has said anything about prescribed drugs.
I would have thought that purely stating that 'breaking curfew' was enough substatiation for handing down a penalty to the 4 players?
Why the need to be so public about the 'prescriged drugs'?

What am I missing here?

Did these players do something whilst out that was seen and reported to authorities/media?
Did somebody tell a journalist the whole story forcing the Club to make a statement?
Were the Club thinking that the AFLPA would 'kick up' if they suspended players for 6 weeks over 'only breaking curfew' and therefore needed to publicly tell of a worse infraction?
Were they obliged to tell the AFL and therefore felt that the story would get out?

I'm just trying to understand why a Club, so 'disciplined' in trying to hide everything, would publicly give these details out?

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:What's intriguing me most is why the Club has said anything about prescribed drugs.
I would have thought that purely stating that 'breaking curfew' was enough substatiation for handing down a penalty to the 4 players?

What am I missing here?

Did these players do something whilst out that was seen and reported to authorities/media?
Did somebody tell a journalist the whole story forcing the Club to make a statement?
Were the Club thinking that the AFLPA would 'kick up' if they suspended players for 6 weeks over 'only breaking curfew' and therefore needed to publicly tell of a worse infraction?
Were they obliged to tell the AFL and therefore felt that the story would get out?

I'm just trying to understand why a Club, so 'disciplined' in trying to hide everything, would publicly give these details out?
I just think you are better off coming clean as soon as possible. This stuff always gets out and looks worse if the club is seen to cover it up.

spert
Saintsational Legend

This latest incident really saddens me as a long term Saint supporter. Here's a club who has lost credibility for playing in three consecutive premierships and winning none, and who need to win a flag to get that respect the club needs, and we have these drop kicks trying their hardest to make the entire playing list look like fools. It's bad enough to have the captain involved in all the Farcebook photo rubbish considering he was totally outplayed and showed little leadship in the GF replay.. has Ross lost the respect of the group??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

lol - you people are hilarious.

Some on here actually think their football team represents them - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow - who would want to be represented by a bunch of testosterone laden meathead morons?

I follow the football team for what they can do on the park.

Some of you people think this is life and death FFS :roll:

Are your minds that small?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:lol - you people are hilarious.

Some on here actually think their football team represents them - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wow - who would want to be represented by a bunch of testosterone laden meathead morons?

I follow the football team for what they can do on the park.

Some of you people think this is life and death FFS :roll:

Are your minds that small?
They certainly don't represent me, they do expect my cash though...and some $$$ from a major sponsor at the moment.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:What's intriguing me most is why the Club has said anything about prescribed drugs.

What am I missing here?

I would say the drugs needed to be described as prescribed so the threat of WADA intervention for illicit recreational drugs is averted.

The playing group have got a severe culture problem and a lack of leadership. Ross Lyon down. Everyone needs a kick up the backside.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Is it culture?

Or is it just moron players?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....