The best response to Herald Sun

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

The best response to Herald Sun

(1) Don't buy it
(2) Don't read it
(3) follow step 1 and step 2 is redundant! (unless you borrow someone elses copy)

Its a RAG! Always has been always will be. I wouldn't wipe my ample bum with it! :lol:

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
westy
Club Player

May it forever find itself torn into small squares and mounted on a 3 inch in the outback dunnies of this great wide land!

I'm livin' in a madhouse
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I must say, I buy it, I have it home delivered, but I've run out of patience with it! It truly is Black & White crap!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

My newly purchased chooks make a right mess of it. I'm forever thankful.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
melton girl
Club Player

had the paper home delivered rang and cancelled the reason being its just all gutter talk the girl didn't say much.

Q5
Club Player

Re: The best response to Herald Sun

thejiggingsaint wrote:(1) Don't buy it
(2) Don't read it
(3) follow step 1 and step 2 is redundant! (unless you borrow someone elses copy)

Its a RAG! Always has been always will be. I wouldn't wipe my ample bum with it! :lol:
Besides, you'd ended up with more cr*p on your arse than when you began!

saints65
Club Player

The HS is a s*** paper at the best of times.
When your club is sponsored by their opposition, what else can you expect.

GO Saints!!!

suss
Club Player

melton girl wrote:had the paper home delivered rang and cancelled the reason being its just all gutter talk the girl didn't say much.
She might not have said much but somewhere she will have been required to fill in a form or key into a computer the reason why you cancelled. Hopefully a few other people will join you and the message will sink in with the appropriate person/people.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

does anyone know who the subeditors may be- often the story is not bad but the photo and heading selection is as anti saints as they can make it.
compare
They're trying to break us: Riewoldt
to
We must hang tough: Riewoldt

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
maverick
Saintsational Legend

It has worked for me, haven't bought a herald sun since September 2009, have not missed it one bit...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Good paper. Great 5 or 6 pages on the Doc and plenty of other footy and sports news.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

They've all reported St Kilda heavily recently

lurker#134
Club Player

SainterK wrote:They've all reported St Kilda heavily recently
and just declared Collingwood this years premiers it seems.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lurker#134 wrote:
SainterK wrote:They've all reported St Kilda heavily recently
and just declared Collingwood this years premiers it seems.
I havent read that in the herald sun.

suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Good paper. Great 5 or 6 pages on the Doc and plenty of other footy and sports news.
As written by plugger66 in his role as The Devil’s Advocate or in his role at The Antagonist? The latter I'm sure. You're just attempting to bait people by writing crud like that - just because they put in a few pages dedicated to the Doc, doesn't mean that it's not a turd-licker publication written for people with no brains.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Good paper. Great 5 or 6 pages on the Doc and plenty of other footy and sports news.
As written by plugger66 in his role as The Devil’s Advocate or in his role at The Antagonist? The latter I'm sure. You're just attempting to bait people by writing crud like that - just because they put in a few pages dedicated to the Doc, doesn't mean that it's not a turd-licker publication written for people with no brains.

Great response. No baiting from me. Have had the paper delivered for the last 19 years. Do you over balance quite often as you are walking down the street?

suss
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:

Great response. No baiting from me. Have had the paper delivered for the last 19 years. Do you over balance quite often as you are walking down the street?
Thanks and yes - but that's often because I'm drunk.

You should switch to The Age for while. They're club sponsors for starters and they also (normally) give you the information and let you make up your mind from there, rather than tell you what to think. They don't have as many stories on children dying from cancer and why refugees are taking over the country, but you can make up for it by watching channel 7 .

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

suss wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
suss wrote:

Thanks and yes - but that's often because I'm drunk.

You should switch to The Age for while. They're club sponsors for starters and they also (normally) give you the information and let you make up your mind from there, rather than tell you what to think. They don't have as many stories on children dying from cancer and why refugees are taking over the country, but you can make up for it by watching channel 7 .
Dont worry I always watch 7. Tried the Age for the last 4 years but wasnt even opening it in the last year. To big, not enough pictures and I couldnt understand a word written in it. May give it a try after I get my year 10 this year.

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

never buy the HS but funnily enough grabbed it out of the bin today in town to read something on the train.

wasn't suprised to see the usual pleb hyped up stories. lots of pictures for the retards who can't read.

noted a deliberately selected awkward looking pic of CEO and President with line; 'feeling the pinch'. shameful manipulation of a photograph.

but what do you expect? ironically it wasn't even worth taking it out of the garbage.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

millarsaint wrote:never buy the HS but funnily enough grabbed it out of the bin today in town to read something on the train.

wasn't suprised to see the usual pleb hyped up stories. lots of pictures for the retards who can't read.

noted a deliberately selected awkward looking pic of CEO and President with line; 'feeling the pinch'. shameful manipulation of a photograph.

but what do you expect? ironically it wasn't even worth taking it out of the garbage.
Yep but your post is excellent. What about the retards who can read. Retards is such a great word. Hey what about the spastics while we are at it?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
millarsaint wrote:never buy the HS but funnily enough grabbed it out of the bin today in town to read something on the train.

Yep but your post is excellent. What about the retards who can read. Retards is such a great word. Hey what about the spastics while we are at it?
He knows what ironically means, he's obviously a high class of citizen.

BallBanger
Club Player

P66 will you stop contradicting and turning good threads into slanging matches between you and the rest

GET A LIFE OTHER THAN SELF INFLICTED CONFLICT

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: The best response to Herald Sun

thejiggingsaint wrote:(1) Don't buy it
(2) Don't read it

i've been buying it for nearly fifty years.....not any more though......they are pricks....i have gone cold turkey all week.....no withdrawal symptoms whatsover..... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:P66 will you stop contradicting and turning good threads into slanging matches between you and the rest

GET A LIFE OTHER THAN SELF INFLICTED CONFLICT
I fail to understand this post but at least you are consistant. That is now 100% of posts that you have written that make no sense.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

saw billy connelly tonight
he used the term spastic quite well i thought

i read the herald on the web about once a week or whenever someone posts a link in here
im not paying for a f****** paper!