Time for an ignore function

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I admire Armoooo's vim, but isn't there issues attached to AFL-Bigpond-club- content- arrangements??

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
matrix
Saintsational Legend

f*** facebook and twitter
we should be completely seperate from that crap imo
just update this place when the funds are due again
get something that looks a bit moer this century
maybe a shoutbox
maybe a chat room
maybe an ignore certain poster button
imbed youtube links etc

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:I admire Armoooo's vim, but isn't there issues attached to AFL-Bigpond-club- content- arrangements??
I'm not suggesting any official relationship, just a healthy friendship I guess.

I would love it if this place could pour as much money into the club as possible, using social networks allow us to reach the less die hard fans which could hopefully lead them to want to put their hand in their pocket a bit more.

It would be a one of a kind thing in the AFL, a network that rotates around facebook, twitter and this site.

I think the best example of what I have in mind is Eastern's scarf idea, IMO that is a wonderful idea, something that could be uniquely St Kilda. But the problem is how is that idea going to spread? there are only a few thousand people who ever come on this site tops, with Facebook however we could make an official Saintsational (or Saints Social Network) facebook and twitter page and add everybody who is a member of a St Kilda supporting group.

Just the occasional update like Remember to raise your scarf when the team comes out today could lead to us reaching thousands more people.

Also when it comes time to get some money together it would be great if the site could have a little bit of a kitty. Spend some of it on sponsoring players, some of it on getting some reserved social club seats so that we could have competitions.

I don't know how the club choose what kids go out on the ground with the players through the banner but I think it would be great if the club would let us use that as a prize every once and a while.

The first issue I see is that this could potentially be a lot of work, I am willing to do it however I would love some help, I believe Battye wanted to start having people do an article on the front page every now and then but unfortunately it didn't quite get the response we were hoping for.

What I was thinking is perhaps every fortnight or so one of us could do a 20-1 countdown, for example one week the topic could be "It's better to have loved and lost..." and that could be a countdown of the 20 best players that left us to go to other clubs, it could be great for debate, and these are the sort of articles that the more casual supporter I feel would be interested in.

If we could get some sort of treasurer type person I think it would be great, the obvious choice would be Mr Magic, but I wouldn't want to assume he would be willing to do it because it would be a bit of work and a lot of responsibility.

I was thinking maybe we could set up a Saintsational bank account and anybody who is willing to could set up a direct debit to the bank account weekly or fortnightly, even if it's just 50 cents a week, if enough of us did it it would all add up. I would be willing to do this myself but whenever money is involved everybody needs to be able to trust the person involved, and I would hate for people to think I'm doing some sort of scam.

I jotted down a list of ideas today that I'm going to run through to the club when I have some time, some are a possibility some I really wouldn't expect.

I'd like our weekly competition for the banner to continue (did it stop?), however having followers on Facebook and Twitter would lead to a lot more entries.

As I noted on earlier the possibility of St Kilda letting us choose a kid to be a mascot as the players go onto the ground, perhaps their parents could help them make a diary to document their experience for us, I know their are a lot of parents and grand parents on the board who would love that.

I would like to bring back the old 'On the couch' threads where people get to know their fellow posters a bit better.

I would like for the club to present an actual trophy to the Saintsational Player of the year at the best and fairest night, even if we have to pay for it ourselves. Maybe even have a board member or two present the award?

Lastly I am going to ask the club if a player or coach or board member or someone could be made available every now and again for an interview, whether one of us have to go down to the club or it could be done over Skype or something and we could have people on the board, from Facebook and Twitter etc. have the option to send a question through.

As I said a lot of these are pipe dreams but if people are keen I am willing to put in the work.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
matrix
Saintsational Legend

if peeps are going to donate they are going to want a say maybe?
maybe voting on changes etc etc?

cudous for putting ya hand up and doing something tho armoooo.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Bring back ""On The Couch""....... top segment on this forum.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Keep it it going ARMOOOO.

Differences of opinion & constructive criticism create interest and are are what make positive things happen.

The AFL Players Association was initially bypassed by the AFL, but perserverance forced them to come to terms and work together.

With such diverse commentary, the site is not representative (it's not a union), but if there is enough supporter agreement on one or two important points, they will watch closely and will have to listen.