what are our expectations tonight?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Moods
Saintsational Legend

what are our expectations tonight?

Given that we are playing two bottom 4 teams from last year. What are we expecting tonight? Brisbane's pre-season or off season has probably been worse than ours, just not as publicised. They have lost their B&f winner, their star is being nursed through pre-season and their glamour recruit/FF is in rehab. They have also sacked a player. They also appear to have injuries galore.

The bombers on the other hand appear to somehow have the wood on us, and have pretty much fielded a full strength team. They are talking the talk and will come out firing trying to impress Hird.

I would be pleased with a win over Brisbane and a competitive effort against the bombers - perhaps resulting in a 2 goal loss or less.

What is a pass mark for others?

#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

I expect Tommy Walsh to take 25 marks and kick 15 goals.

and then in the second game...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I'm expecting to see us win both games but for them to be absolutely crap quality.

I want to see blokes like Armo, Simpkin, Walsh and even Cripps to try and demand a spot for round 1.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It will be farking hot and humid under the tin roof which will get noisy during the Bombers game when it rains!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Halo-9
Club Player
Location: Giving the fruit loops and powder puff supporters the finger everyday!

Not expecting anything result wise as i dont think we are really going for it obviously from our late start due to the grannies but really looking forward to gen next,,,winmar,crocker,cripps,the two tommy guns walsh and lynch...its exciting despite not expecting a result if u kno wat i mean :)

ST.KILDA are the BEST
So F**K all the REST

*BALLwagon Member #9*

SAINTS LOVE......................SAINTS FOOTY
Buckets
SS Life Member

Not to lose to essendon like the lions are :shock:

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:Not to lose to essendon like the lions are :shock:
Lol, I just checked it out... surprising to say the least.

Get ready bombers flag odds to plummet :lol:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No pass or fail mark afterall they are practice games and how many young kids do well in them and you dont see them until a year later. No injuries is a pass.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Looking forward to seeing Sam Crocker play... I've got a feeling that he will be a jet

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

we did better than i expected. i thought we were going to lose to essendon because they always seem to match up against us really well, especially with their leg speed. i also thought essendon would possibly come into the last game with the advantage of being a little more refreshed from having the hour rest after our first game.

typical essendon luck to get away with a draw :roll:

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
degruch
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I'm expecting to see us win both games but for them to be absolutely crap quality.

I want to see blokes like Armo, Simpkin, Walsh and even Cripps to try and demand a spot for round 1.
You got it...just sub Simpkin for Ledger or Smith.