Ladder Predictions

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jroberts:)
Club Player

Ladder Predictions

Heres mine (;

1. Collingwood
2. St.Kilda
3. Fremantle
4. Geelong
5. Hawthorn
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Carlton
8. Melbourne
------------------------
9. Sydney Swans
10. North Melbourne
11. Port.Adelaide
12. Essendon
13. Adelaide
14. West Coast Eagles
15. Richmond
16. Gold Coast
17. Brisbane

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Mine....
1 - Collingwood
2 - Western Bulldogs
3 - St Kilda
4 - Hawthorn
5 - Fremantle
6 - Geelong
7 - Melbourne
8 - Carlton
-----------------------------
9 - North Melbourne
10 - Adelaide
11 - Sydney
12 - Essendon
13 - Richmond
14 - Port Adelaide
15 - West Coast
16 - Brisbane
17 - Gold Coast

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

St Kilda
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
North Melbourne
West Coast
Melbourne
Richmond
Sydney

Collingwood
Geelong
Carlton
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Essendon

This could happen!.

What is unlikely is all of these teams making the 8: Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton, Geelong and Hawthorn.

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

Long-range prediction: Dogs to FINALLY win the Prelim and face us in the Grand Final. After a tight and tense first quarter, the game will break wide open for the Saints and we'll run out easy winners!

It won't make up for '09 and 2010, but at least we'll be 'on the board'!

eppo67
Club Player

Dogs will be lucky to finish top 8 let alone top 4. They have 1 avenue to goal and he is just about in a wheelchair. IMO I can't see them going anywhere.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

eppo67 wrote:Dogs will be lucky to finish top 8 let alone top 4. They have 1 avenue to goal and he is just about in a wheelchair. IMO I can't see them going anywhere.
Disagree, I think they will greatly improve this year.

They've gotten rid of Akka which will be good for them, Hall only needs to have another decent year and they'll be thereabouts again thanks to some handy recruiting.

Brought in two absolute gun youngsters, the equilvalent of two top 10 picks.

Jarrad Grant will continue to improve and Higgins, Cooney and Lake probably wont be carrying injuries at the business end of the season.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:St Kilda
Western Bulldogs
Fremantle
North Melbourne
West Coast
Melbourne
Richmond
Sydney

Collingwood
Geelong
Carlton
Hawthorn
Brisbane
Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Essendon

This could happen!.

What is unlikely is all of these teams making the 8: Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton, Geelong and Hawthorn.
Sometimes it is better not to use.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

plugger, no doubt you'll come out with the usual sh*te you get from Mike "Collingwood" Sheahan et al...

"Hawks to fly again in '11!"

"Premiership a cakewalk for Magpies"

These predictions have been wrong nine times out of ten. Life is short. have some imagination!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:plugger, no doubt you'll come out with the usual sh*te you get from Mike "Collingwood" Sheahan et al...

"Hawks to fly again in '11!"

"Premiership a cakewalk for Magpies"

These predictions have been wrong nine times out of ten. Life is short. have some imagination!
Most had the same top 4 as the year before when they did their ladder last year. Most were right. The pies will not miss the 8 no matter how much you hate them. That is not logic it is illogical.

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

My friend, there is nothing more certain than this: Collingwood will not make the Grand Final in 2011.

If I'm proved wrong, no doubt you will enjoy it.

PS Sheahan tipped Hawthorn to win the Flag in '92.

Were there any journalists who predicted (as I did) that Hawthorn would miss the 8 in '09? Not a single one.

Did any of them predict that Essendon would miss the 8 in '94? Not a single one.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:My friend, there is nothing more certain than this: Collingwood will not make the Grand Final in 2011.

Were there any journalists who predicted (as I did) that Hawthorn would miss the 8 in '09? Not a single one.

Did any of them predict that Essendon would miss the 8 in '94? Not a single one.
I will not get any enjoyment in the Pies making the GF. I will get enjoyment if we make it and play GC in the GF. That I will enjoy. You picked the pies not to make the 8. That is different to not making the GF. You pick some examples of people getting things wrong. Please tell me how many GF winners you have got right in the last 10 years.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Geelong
Stkilda
Collingwood
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Adelaide
Dogs
North
---
Sydney
Melbourne
Carlton
Richmond
W.Coast
Brisbane
GC
Essendon
Port

or maybe this preseason drama wont work for us and we will drop, if we do i think we will go as far as 6th (and move everyone else up one spot)

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:My friend, there is nothing more certain than this: Collingwood will not make the Grand Final in 2011.

I will not get any enjoyment in the Pies making the GF. I will get enjoyment if we make it and play GC in the GF. That I will enjoy. You picked the pies not to make the 8. That is different to not making the GF. You pick some examples of people getting things wrong. Please tell me how many GF winners you have got right in the last 10 years.
Don't understand the last bit. Do you mean tipping the Premier before the season. mid-year, at the start of the finals or in grand final week? Four very different things. For most of the last 10 years I've tipped St Kilda to win the Flag at the start of the year.

Collingwood may scrape into 7th or 8th but that means nothing. Let's face it, in the present system, finishing 5-8th is just a consolation prize...you can't win the flag from there.

And for the record, before the '09 season I said Hawthorn wouldn't make the finals.
Before the 2010 season I said Geelong wouldn't make the Grand Final.
Right on both counts.

saints66
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Long-range prediction: Dogs to FINALLY win the Prelim and face us in the Grand Final. After a tight and tense first quarter, the game will break wide open for the Saints and we'll run out easy winners!

I think you will find that we are already 'on the board'! 1966 ring a bell?

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

saints66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:Long-range prediction: Dogs to FINALLY win the Prelim and face us in the Grand Final. After a tight and tense first quarter, the game will break wide open for the Saints and we'll run out easy winners!

I have no memory of that...nor do most living Saints supporters. We want a modern Flag!

saints66
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:

I have no memory of that...nor do most living Saints supporters. We want a modern Flag!

Unfortuantely we have lost the captain (RIP)of our first premiership team and also Travis Payze but as far as I know the rest are alive and well including the coach. Yes we all want a flag but please don't disrespect those great St Kilda players and that flag.

dals_da_bomb
Club Player

Is this end of home and away season?
We his my end home and away season.. :)

1. Collingwood
2. Westen Bulldogs
3. Stkilda
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. Hawthorn
7. Carlton
8. Essendon

9. Sydney
10. Melbourne
11. Gold Coast
12. NorthMelbourne
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Port Adelaide
16. Brisbane
17. West Coast

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

dals_da_bomb wrote:Is this end of home and away season?
We his my end home and away season.. :)

1. Collingwood
2. Westen Bulldogs
3. Stkilda
4. Fremantle
5. Geelong
6. Hawthorn
7. Carlton
8. Essendon

9. Sydney
10. Melbourne
11. Gold Coast
12. NorthMelbourne
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Port Adelaide
16. Brisbane
17. West Coast

swap Adelaide and Essendon over and its looking ok.
no way will essendon make the 8, and adelaide will be the one talked about this year.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
dals_da_bomb
Club Player

really, i think essendon have been quietly building.

Maybe i just buy in to the hype my partner feeds me!

The Tiger and the Lion may be more powerful, but the Wolf does not perform in the circus.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

dals_da_bomb wrote:really, i think essendon have been quietly building.

Maybe i just buy in to the hype my partner feeds me!
Don't believe the hype!

......Public Enemy

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

saints66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:

Unfortuantely we have lost the captain (RIP)of our first premiership team and also Travis Payze but as far as I know the rest are alive and well including the coach. Yes we all want a flag but please don't disrespect those great St Kilda players and that flag.

Who is disrespecting them?

Don't fall for the trap of revering those guys above all other St Kilda players! If Breen's kick had gone out of bounds, we mightn't have won in '66.
If the ball had bounced towards Milne instead of away from him, 2010 might have been our first flag!

Anyway we can't change the past...let's bl**dy win one now!

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:

or if we had 20 Peter Keils in 1984 we may have finished 11th.

Don't fall for the trap of revering those guys above all other St Kilda players! If Breen's kick had gone out of bounds, we mightn't have won in '66.
If the ball had bounced towards Milne instead of away from him, 2010 might have been our first flag!

Or if we had 20 Peter Kiels in 1984 we may have finished 11th.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
saints66
Club Player

I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:

You're disrespecting that flag and those players by saying it does not count as it is an old/ancient flag not a 'modern' flag. It is a flag, it is part of our history, just as much as our name, colours and all the past players. Who cares that Breen might have missed that point, the fact is he did'nt and we won. Just because you were not alive and have no memory of it does not mean that we are not 'on the board' and that if Milne had of kicked that point '2010 might have been our first flag'.

I am not revering those players any more than any other Saint player, but I am saying we have a flag - we are 'on the board'!!!!

Is Peter Kiel not important just because he played so long ago and is not 'modern'?

Just like your comment 'in honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years'. Honour that flag

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

1. St.Kilda
2. Geelong
3. Collingwood
4. Adelaide
5. Fremantle
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Melbourne
8. Hawthorn
9. Carlton
10. West Coast
11. Sydney
12. Essendon
13. Gold Coast
14. North Melbourne
15. Richmond
16. Port Adelaide
17. Brisbane

I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

SaintPav wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:
I Love Peter Kiel wrote:
saints66 wrote:

How dare YOU disrespect the 1982 best and fairest winner

or if we had 20 Peter Keils in 1984 we may have finished 11th.

Or if we had 20 Peter Kiels in 1984 we may have finished 11th.
How dare YOU disrespect the 1982 Best and Fairest winner? Why don't YOU learn some history of our club?