Apologies to the club here

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

hungry for a premiership
Club Player

Apologies to the club here

Well after that 60 minutes interview I, like all saints supporters, I would imagine, would like to see some public apologies from those in the media who chose to use Kimmy Dumby and her lies to attack our club.

And I, too, would like to personally apologize to Sam Gilbert for calling him a moron and a tool after the photos taken from his computer were released. Sam was taken advantage of by this conniving, manipulative human being. The only mistake he made was to give trust to a girl he was attracted to, and that's a mistake lots of young men make, and old men, too, just look at Nixon, who is old and extended his trust even after he knew how untrustworthy she is! :shock:

Sam has paid his penalty about 50 times over for his mistake. He's got some good karma to look forward to now.

Any others who slammed the boys or the club, feel free to make your apologies here.
Last edited by hungry for a premiership on Sun 06 Mar 2011 11:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Here's one :roll:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... 1bjl9.html

Beverly Knight also said the teenager was mistreated by St Kilda after her relationships with Saints players.

''The AFL and the whole AFL family are a very powerful force. Why have they come down like a ton of bricks on a 17-year-old girl? Basically it was shooting the messenger, wasn't it?'' Knight said

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

OK, I apologise

Another opportunity awaits!
philtee
Club Player

Here are two from the Herald Sun, December 29...

"St Kilda legend Ian Stewart...said his beloved Saints should try to help the 17-year-old instead of calling her malicious and a trouble-maker.

South Melbourne great Bob Skilton, said the club had been heavy-handed and should have dealt with the photo issue months ago".

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Yep so many idiots came out and said, should have done this, should have dealt with that.

AD was pretty clear that all had been done.

Wouldn't mind a name and shame thread outlining all the moronic idiots that enjoyed having their say over the few months, especially some of the opinion writers in the HS.

It seem even the 60 minutes presenter thought Kim Duthie was a d**khead.

Badlands
Club Player

Pretty sure we'll never see a single apology from that rather lengthy list of individuals who call themselves journalists but who couldn't corroborate the most important aspect of all of their stories before reporting it as fact and then using it to slander a football club.

Well, you've all been completely outplayed by a 16yo girl.

Instead of running for cover like cowards, how about trying to maintain a shred of credibility by admitting your failings and apologising for the damage your "reporting" caused to innocent people and their families?

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Well I called Gibo a moran at the time and I still stand by it.

If he had deleted the photo's especially the one of Rooey as he was asked at the time. She wouldn't have had some "nude scandel" pics in the first place.

She is a little slurry who stole from Gibo and she is clearly in the wrong for doing that, but why did Gibo keep nude pictures of the boys on his computer to make it easy access for her is beyond me.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote: If he had deleted the photo's especially the one of Rooey as he was asked at the time. She wouldn't have had some "nude scandel" pics in the first place.
This is it in a nutshell. Why didn't he delete them when asked?

Why embarrass Riewoldt and Dal Santo?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote: If he had deleted the photo's especially the one of Rooey as he was asked at the time. She wouldn't have had some "nude scandel" pics in the first place.

He should have deleted them, I agree, but she was the one who plastered the pictures all over the world wide web.

Sam is guilty of nothing more than stupidity in trusting her and appears to have been forgiven by Riewoldt and Dal. He's in for a big season. He owes us.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

He should have deleted them, I agree, but she was the one who plastered the pictures all over the world wide web.

Sam is guilty of nothing more than stupidity in trusting her and appears to have been forgiven by Riewoldt and Dal. He's in for a big season. He owes us.
I said that in my first post but only one line was quoted.
She stole personal property which is against the law, what she did was far worse but it doesn't excuse Gibo either, its a two part story and he did his part in this too.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

I'm sorry that I read some of the rubbish on here written by people masquerading as supporters.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

One of many from that f...wit Hinch

http://www.hinch.net/hinch-says-2011/Ja ... 01-11.html

“Today was my first day back on air at 3AW for 2011 after a long break. But, as I mentioned in my opening comments, I wasn’t exactly idle while on holidays—especially over the past couple of weeks. As readers would know, I’ve been writing editorials, or blogs [as I am getting used to calling them] on the AFL footy clinic scandal after which a 16-year-old high school student got pregnant to St. Kilda player Sam Gilbert....â€

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

She stole personal property which is against the law, what she did was far worse but it doesn't excuse Gibo either, its a two part story and he did his part in this too.
Nice back pedalling by you two... we can expect that from some in the media (yeah she lied BUT I was right about Gilbert, yada yada yada)

Give us a break.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'm sorry that when I saw the pregnancy photo's, for the first time, I wondered if there was a chance Gilbert was the father.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I eagerly await for the apology from Robyn Riley at the Sunday Hun who believed the whole story and repeated it verbatim about the poor little school girl who lost her babies and being cast out into the world-blah,blah blah.

I don't imagine she's going to admit in her next column the words "I was sucked in by the dear little liar" :evil:

spert
Saintsational Legend

As the old saying goes: "never let the facts get in the way of a good story"

St Lenny
Club Player

Neil Roberts had a go to. I found that very disappointing that he wouldnt back the club. No matter what he thought, he should not have gone public.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

dear club
im sorry the membership dept farks it up every year
i know you try your best
love matrix

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Nice back pedalling by you two... we can expect that from some in the media (yeah she lied BUT I was right about Gilbert, yada yada yada)

Give us a break.
Back pedalling my backside, its FACT!!!!
We are all entitled to our opinion and because you don't agree you want to say we are like the media, give me a break....
Gees I am really sure you would just LOVE to have nude pictures of yourself sitting on one your GOOD mates computer waiting to be taken by the next troll.

Hope it never happens to you because oh your friend was doing nothing wrong by keeping them after YOU asked for it to be deleted.. yeah go figure...

In Ross Get lost!

saintnick12
Club Player

matrix wrote:dear club
im sorry the membership dept farks it up every year
i know you try your best
love matrix

:lol: :lol: :lol: , but true

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

Give us a break.
You should see them together on a tandem bike :wink: :lol: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Actually one of the positives out of all of this is that it has really provided an education to the populous of the difference between a "social commentator" and "journalist".

I'm really clear now about what a media commentator is.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:I eagerly await for the apology from Robyn Riley at the Sunday Hun who believed the whole story and repeated it verbatim about the poor little school girl who lost her babies and being cast out into the world-blah,blah blah.

I don't imagine she's going to admit in her next column the words "I was sucked in by the dear little liar" :evil:
this!!!!!!!!!!!

Richter
SS Life Member

Cairnsman wrote:Actually one of the positives out of all of this is that it has really provided an education to the populous of the difference between a "social commentator" and "journalist".

I'm really clear now about what a media commentator is.
Agreed.

I have a new found respect for the likes of Mark Robinson and Rohan Connolly, who have recently written some excellent footy articles.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Richter, Robbo was up to his substantial arse in this, especially early.

Connolly hasn't touched the story. Kudos.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'