Andrew Demetriou "knew teen was lying"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

overitalready
Club Player

Andrew Demetriou "knew teen was lying"

The media puts great spin on things ! the CEO didn't "know", he says he suspected she was lying, and he didn't think she was telling the truth. The Age, the Herald Scum, they are all saying he "knew" !! Umm guess what folks, "I know the government is hiding evidence of alien abductions...." NO. I suspect they are, but it is only a suspicion. I do not have definitive proof. Shame on these sub-editors who obviously write real-estate ads on the weekends. "Close to transport" means 800 m from Runway 35 of Tullamarine, with jets screaming overhead day and night.

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, an unselfish woman- what do they all have in common? Answer- we would all like to believe they are true, but they are all fictional.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Andrew Demetriou "knew teen was lying"

overitalready wrote:The media puts great spin on things ! the CEO didn't "know", he says he suspected she was lying, and he didn't think she was telling the truth. The Age, the Herald Scum, they are all saying he "knew" !! Umm guess what folks, "I know the government is hiding evidence of alien abductions...." NO. I suspect they are, but it is only a suspicion. I do not have definitive proof. Shame on these sub-editors who obviously write real-estate ads on the weekends. "Close to transport" means 800 m from Runway 35 of Tullamarine, with jets screaming overhead day and night.
Exactly.

The media failed to check the story and they're happy to make AD the scapegoat!

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bloody Dimwit should've spoken up and said she was a liar.

What was he worried about?

Defamation from a stupid 17 year old that had NFI??

As much as I don't like Dimwit, he has 1,000 times the mental capacity of the person in question.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
philtee
Club Player

I have some sympathy for Andrew Demetriou. At the height of the KD hysteria, he was between a rock and a hard place.
If he said that the pregnancy may have been a fake, the media mob would have skewered him, accusing him of protecting the
"AFL Boys Club" over the poor wee lass.
He has actually taken the sensible course and said nothing, until the poor wee viper has spilled her own untruth on national TV.

For two months, sensible discussion on this issue has been impossible, thanks to a toxic environment, generated principally by
the Herald Sun, aided and abetted by The Age, Hinch, and the TV networks.

For these various media to express "shock" at the news of the fake pregnancy, and "shock" that Demetriou knew but didn't tell,
is hypocrisy.
Tell us truly, Caro, Riley, Dowsley and Hinch, did you really think she was pregnant ? Hey, that just exposes your lax journalism,
because you didn't know the truth.
You thought she NEVER WAS pregnant ? Then that just exposes your fraudulence and cowardice in not reporting what you knew.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:bloody Dimwit should've spoken up and said she was a liar.

As much as I don't like Dimwit, he has 1,000 times the mental capacity of the person in question.
Not sure about that saintspremiers, She would run rings around him on a computer.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
overitalready
Club Player

My point is (and Dr Spaceman understood) that the heading unfairly crucifies the big AD; and therefore the entire AFL is implicated in some sort of cover-up. I don't believe AD has ever, ever said he "knew" ! he says he suspected she was lying. A sub-editor chose the word "knew" to really spice it up. Big difference between "knowing" and "suspecting". The main journalist maybe of good heart and high morals, however the subbie is told he/she needs to sell papers/get bums on seats/etc so they embellish & exaggerate

Santa Claus, The Easter Bunny, an unselfish woman- what do they all have in common? Answer- we would all like to believe they are true, but they are all fictional.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:bloody Dimwit should've spoken up and said she was a liar.

Not sure about that saintspremiers, She would run rings around him on a computer.
Fair call!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
I Love Peter Kiel
Club Player

What about that horrible bint from Essendon who's already had a go at the AFL 'boys' club'?

In honour of those who went before, in the dark and desperate years.